Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

My Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-02, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
My Thoughts

Just decided to share some random thoughts about the movie, with a few possible spoilers mentioned.

First, i didn't like the Fellowship when i saw it in theaters, but liked it more after watching both the regular and extended edition on dvd, so i'm not a huge fan or anything, nor have i read the books. I enjoyed the Two Towers quite a bit more than the first, mainly because of the action at the end. I thought Gimli as comic relief throughout the whole movie was a bit silly considering he wasn't used that way in the first movie. I did like how he and Legolas were counting their kills though, reminds me of playing a game online.

Frodo and Sam's journey in the movie grew boring towards the end of the movie, as i was far more interested in Helm's Deep and Merry and Pippen. Gollum was impressive at first, but i ended up getting annoyed by his voice and the whole "he's my friend... no, he stole the ring" struggle inside him. Just got tedious to me. I was underwhelmed by the effects of the walking trees.... they seemed poorly done. Although i thought it was really cool when the tree that was on fire dunked himself in the water to put himself out. I thought the mini interaction between the woman sending off her two children was pointless. And finally, the battle at Helm's Deep was everything i expected. Awesome scale, huge armies, and some great action.

So yeah, thats an opinion of a guy that didnt think to much of the first one. It basically had everything i expected. I'm not going to watch it in theaters again or anything, but it was fun and i'll get it on dvd, and await the third one