Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Final Destination 2 update...

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Final Destination 2 update...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-03, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
POSSIBLE SPOILERS

This movie was definitely more violent than the original. Hell, I actually think this was pushing NC-17 limits. I think the writers had just seen Resident Evil and decided to show the gore that should've been in that movie (elevator and body slice and fall). I might have to see it again just for the kickass opening pileup.
Old 02-02-03, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too was surprised at the level of violence in this film. I guess it got past the MPAA due to the 'comedic nature' of the violence. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a horror film although I did feel a little sick about it afterwards. FD 2 is just a movie version of the board game Mouse Trap. It also doesn't intend for you to feel or connect with any of the characters; instead the film invites you to root for their gory demise (which I have to admit that I did).

BTW - The ending is sooooo over the top...I felt like I was watching The Munchies or some other bad 80s horror film.
Old 02-02-03, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"Cover your eyes junior, breasts are evil and you should not see them"
Old 02-02-03, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Rypro 525
"Cover your eyes junior, breasts are evil and you should not see them"
Thats exactly what i saw parents doing at Jason X!

Which btw was a far less graphic film which was disapointing considering the high body count.

So i say..if your stupid enough to take your kids to R rated films.Let them watch the entire thing uncut..rather than confusing them even more with nudity=evil,violence=good.
Old 02-02-03, 05:19 PM

So tell me.Is there real gore in the film or is most of it CGI?

I was pretty weary of a sequel to the film.The first is alright,though suffers from taking itself alittle to seriously.

Meanwhile films have gotten tamer & tamer in the horror genre.

Resident Evil while not a great film would have been better if it had not wussed out on the gore level,which is practically zilch in the film.So that was extremely disapointing considering all the potential of being a badass gruesome zombie action film.Instead they play it safe with the violence & it does'nt deliver the impact it should.

Jason X...director was retarded in that he did not want to make a 'exploitive' horror film despite it being a exploitation comedy! So despite the high body count..the gore was VERY low.A real disapointment on that level.

Blade 2...really violent & gruesome.Finnaly a strong R rated film.Only bad thing was.A overdose of horrible CGI making all the gore cartoonish looking & beyond fake.Really ruined the impact of many scenes.

So if FD2 uses real prothetic FX & as little CGI as possible.I'm really looking forward to the film based on what i've heard.Supposed to be nothing but a fun gore ride,which we have not had in years.

Hopefully i'll be able to see the film sometime this week or next weekend.All depends on if my car is running again or i'm able to hitch a ride to the theater.
Old 02-02-03, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If the gore in FD2 was mostly CGI, it was pretty damn good and looked very realistic. Glad to see that not every movie has to be watered down to PG-13 these days. Can't wait to get my hands on this DVD, so I can do some frame by frame analysis.

P.S. on your way to the theater, stay away from logging trucks!
Old 02-02-03, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Li
So does this movie continue right from the end of the first and feature all the same characters (that survived)? No spoilers please. I plan on seeing this tonight and was just curious.
Not really major spoilers, but I'll blacken 'em out anyway.
Spoiler:
The only 2 survivors of #1 were the ESP kid and Ali Larter. Remember the football player got clobbered by the sign in the last second of #1. In #2, they mention that the ESP kid was killed by a falling brick some months later and Ali Larter committed herself into a rubber room at a mental hospital to remain safe. The girl with the ESP in #2 seeks out Ali Larter for help.

Honk!
Old 02-02-03, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho
I think it's safe to say that anybody sitting in the audience for Final Destination 2, especially with all the good movies out in theaters right now, is dumber than ever.
I was sitting in the audience for Final Destination 2, and I don't consider myself to be stupid. Thanks for adding the smiley at the end, or I would've been very insulted at that ridiculous blanket statement.

Honk!
Old 02-03-03, 12:36 AM

Parents don't need to tell their kids not to see a movie...

They'll find out that they screwed up when he goes on a murderous rampage.
Old 02-03-03, 02:03 AM
Banned

Its ok if a movie like this has humor in it but I think when you start laughing at the deaths like the Barbecue one, it starts taking away from the movie.
It just didnt work for me.
Old 02-03-03, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i had fun with this movie, good laughs, good deaths, good times.
Old 02-03-03, 09:41 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Children are citizens and human beings and should be allowed to do what they want to do as long as it dosnt hurt someone else! You should never tell a child NO, because you are inhibiting that childs range of experience. The more things a child experiences the more well rounded they will become.

thats a total crock but believe it or not this is sometimes the argument! I suppose some parents will believe anything if it gets them out of doing the chore of actually parenting.
Old 02-03-03, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wait, wait, WAIT! Let me see if I've got this straight...
there are boobies in this movie!?
Old 02-03-03, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sunday night I'm workingthe box office. It's 11:00 at night, the last show of Final Destination 2 is just starting.

In comes a parade of six or seven kids, all about 11 years old, with burger king food (strike one!), who proceed to run around the lobby (strike two!) and yell like maniac pigs on crack (strike three!).

In comes the matriarch of this little lot, who calmly asks me for one adult and seven child tickets for Fd2. The kids start whooping with delight.

I calmly say it is an R-rated film, a horror film, a film with gratuitous, bloody violence. She is shocked. She lays into her kids for deceiving her; apparently they told her it was pg-13. The little hellions cackle with glee (yes, they CACKLE. Who cackles anymore?), up until she tells the rascals that they can't see the film. One starts crying and throws a tantrum.

I'm puzzled as to how the parent didn't know that it was a horror film, taht she hadn't asked about it or anything, but I was happy that she was being responsible about it. That is, up until she decided to get angry at ME for not making it more obvious that it was a violent horror film (!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!). She then yells at me further for there not being an alternative... a kids' film being shown at 11:00 ON A SUNDAY NIGHT!

Ah well, I still have the times carding the 16-and-15-year-olds and turning them away to look back on fondly.

Originally posted by Fanboy
Wait, wait, WAIT! Let me see if I've got this straight...
there are boobies in this movie!?
Brief flash of 'em. Don't get your hopes up, we're not back to the level of the '80s greaties. YET.
Old 02-03-03, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Seantn
Groucho, I think it's time to stop acting like your **** doesn't smell.
I know from personal experience that Groucho's **** does not smell.
Old 02-03-03, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 732 Likes on 534 Posts
Re: Re: Are parents dumber then ever (Final Destination 2)

Originally posted by conscience
A lot of parents just don't know how to set ground rules or discipline, and that is why society is like it is today.
Time for the B R Act to be put in place.
Old 02-03-03, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

according to screenit.com
A woman riding on the back of a motorcycle raises her shirt and flashes her bare breasts at one of Kimberly's male friends.
We see Kat in a tight tank-top while exercising.
thats all the t&a your getting.
Old 02-03-03, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Are the boobs Ali Larter's?
Old 02-03-03, 02:24 PM
razorbackfan

Originally posted by DonnachaOne
...and yell like maniac pigs on crack...
That is the funniest thing I've heard.
Old 02-03-03, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by GuessWho
Are the boobs Ali Larter's?
Nope One of Kimberley's friends.
Old 02-03-03, 06:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Rypro 525
Nope One of Kimberley's friends.

Nope...Some biker chick who flashes Kimberley's male friends.
Old 02-03-03, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know from personal experience that Groucho's **** does not smell.
But how does it taste?
Old 02-19-03, 07:21 PM

Spoiler:
lord of the flies?
which version?

Originally posted by Trigger
I thought it was great as well... totally stupid, but great. The plot holes and silly "death's design" comments seemed much worse than they were in the first one, but the death scenarios totally made up for it... better than the first. I'm totally going to go see it again. Special effects were ace.

Seantn -
Spoiler:
for another scene with someone getting crushed like that, there's quite a few movies - but one that sticks out for me is Lord of the Flies
Old 03-28-03, 09:46 PM

Well i just caught this finally in the 2 run theater.

Though kids..there is hope yet to get into R rated films in this day of theaters 'enforcing' the rating.90% of the audience which was packed tonight(it's usual dead on the other nights my dad & i attended a couple times) were teens.Some looks alittle to young,but somehow got into the film without adults.I don't think this theater care about 'enforcing' the rating since they need the $$ to stay in business.Unless most of them bought tickets for a non-R rated film playing,i don't know.

Anyway this was a very memorable viewing experiance.Since the audience had fun with the film.This was the first time i ever heard peoples reaction & being enthusiastic about a film.

Trust me the mutilplexes which i go to most of the time to see films within weeks of release are always dead.The audiences take everything to seriously..& aside from some morons finding The Matrix 'to' graphic & disgusting(!).I've never seen anyone litterally react to whats going on onscreen.Heck even Jackass(which sucked..but was dragged to by a friend)was very dormant despite what people said about the audiences!

Basically everyone was laughing & having a good time with the film.When the gore hit.People would yell "Holy ****...yep,this film IS very graphic" one person replied.Meanwhile some hot women were sitting next to me & freaking out covering there eyes at the grue.

& the ending.Man that had everyone rolling with laughter & cheering! Most stayed through most of the credits before leaving since they could hardly breath from the laughter.

All in all i found the film highly enjoyable.Their's no need to make a spoof of the films.Since this IS a dark comedy.I mean their's no way this was intended to be taken seriously or be frightening.The cast plays it pretty straight,though the humor comes from the situations & how we know somethings going to happen.All in all thats what makes the film work.Had it taken itself to seriously(like the original).It would have been less enjoyable.Thankfully they had a sense of humor while making it & just wanted to have a good time.It shows onscreen.

As for the gore.It is pretty gruesome.Though not 'extreme' Dead Alive style.Yet for a R rated film today.It does push the limits.Heck it's much more gruesome than Resident Evil & Jason X(which had no gore)..& kicks the ass of every tame wannabe horror film of the past few years.So it was great to see a nice splatter film make it into theaters in this crappy PC-age.Heck if the audience was any indication.They LOVE over the top gore..& the MPAA should stop 'protecting' us from it.

& yes i thought the ending was hilarious.Just a perfect way to end the film on such a absurd gruesome high note.
Old 03-29-03, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I wonder if any parents freaked out at the brief flashing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.