Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Final Destination 2 update...

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Final Destination 2 update...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-03, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to point how hot the star of this movie is.

Old 01-24-03, 08:43 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Glad to hear it - I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

Nice shot of Ali LBPound!
Old 01-24-03, 08:48 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
oh I see this as a perfect excuse to do a double feature of this and "Darkness Falls" next weekend - can't wait!

Last edited by Giles; 01-24-03 at 08:51 AM.
Old 01-31-03, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Final Destination 2... Hilarious!

I seriously couldn't stop laughing the entire film. The dentist sequence, pure hilarity! Maybe I'm just cynical.

A thing that irked me...
Spoiler:
In the car accident in the beginning... in the dream they were drving for like 5-10 minutes after the got off the on ramp before the pileup happened. But in the reality, the tree trunk truck (say that three times fast) drove by the on ramp and a few seconds later BOOM! Just an irk...
Old 01-31-03, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ck i was thinking about that 2. But anyway i really enjoyed the movie. Excellent gore. Better then the first. I really didnt miss Devon Sawa. This movie blew Darkness Falls way out of the water. Go see this before you see darkness falls!
Old 02-01-03, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by soxrule
Ck i was thinking about that 2. But anyway i really enjoyed the movie. Excellent gore. Better then the first. I really didnt miss Devon Sawa. This movie blew Darkness Falls way out of the water. Go see this before you see darkness falls!
Shouldn't people see it AFTER Darkness Falls so they don't make their night worse by seeing a crappy movie last?
Old 02-01-03, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you go to see this movie for plot, you're a moron. Everyone should know that going in.

But, if you like mindless violence, possibly the most violence seen in theaters in years, see this movie. Also, the deaths are surprisingly inventive. I don't think that I have ever seen
Spoiler:
someone get completely crushed WHILE STANDING UP!

The fun of the movie is getting caught off guard when these freaky accidents happen. They just come out of nowhere.

Oh, and talk about an excellent car crash.

By the way, the thing that the first guy said about the car accident- It's the same thing that happened in the first movie. In the dream sequence the plane takes off and flies for a minute or two, and then everything goes wrong and then blows up. But when it actually crashes , it takes off and blows up rather quickly.
Old 02-01-03, 01:39 AM

Great Sequel

I loved it, I'll probably end up going to see it again.
Old 02-01-03, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I thought it was great as well... totally stupid, but great. The plot holes and silly "death's design" comments seemed much worse than they were in the first one, but the death scenarios totally made up for it... better than the first. I'm totally going to go see it again. Special effects were ace.

Seantn -
Spoiler:
for another scene with someone getting crushed like that, there's quite a few movies - but one that sticks out for me is Lord of the Flies
Old 02-01-03, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Spoiler:
I think the only death sequence that wasn't very intresting was the black guy and Clear's death... Why did the room blow up anyway?
Old 02-01-03, 02:03 PM
Li

So does this movie continue right from the end of the first and feature all the same characters (that survived)? No spoilers please. I plan on seeing this tonight and was just curious.

Last edited by Li; 02-01-03 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-01-03, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm a big fan of this genre, but didn't like the first one at all.

How does this compare to the first? Anything new or is it pretty much the same thing?
Old 02-01-03, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is #1 just as violent, as #2, since I enjoy these types of movies but never got around to this one.
Old 02-01-03, 03:01 PM
Banned

First off, I think it would have been better with Devon Sawa instead of Ali Larter. She was terrible. I dont remember her acting so terribly in the first one.
This one was more campy and the deaths were gorier (probably because of the budget) but they werent as inventive.
It seemed way over dramatic and campy for me and didnt succeed and what did they do? Left it open for a sequel....
Old 02-01-03, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts
It was alright imo, I still prefer the first ("You can drop ****ing dead" sequence is, imo, a horror classic, I mean everyone I saw it with sat up - blinked - said "whoa" then laughed their asses off.) but overall wasn't bad. The acting WAS pretty terrible tho, and the plot was pretty stupid - yet some of the deaths were just funny as hell.
Old 02-01-03, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by CKMorpheus
Spoiler:
I think the only death sequence that wasn't very intresting was the black guy and Clear's death... Why did the room blow up anyway?
Spoiler:
because oxygen is a highly flammable and explosive gas... this death was much like the hanging in the bathtub death from the first film... things were moved by an unseen force rather than circumstance.
Old 02-01-03, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I actually liked the first one. I know it's not a movie to be taken seriously, which makes it so much easier to enjoy. Might check out the sequel one soon.
Old 02-01-03, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Are parents dumber then ever (Final Destination 2)

I went to the movies today, and I saw a parent asking their like 6 year old son "now you wanted to see "Final Destination 2 right". Plus it looked like a soccer mom anyway. This is probably the movie that is least appropriate for a young child to see anyway right? He probably either got scared or had his mom cover his eyes during the Nude scenes. Do you think that parents need to learn to say "now son, that movie isn't appropriate for you" or for the parent to go to the movie before he did just to see what it was about. (she probably had no clue)
Old 02-01-03, 08:48 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I think it's safe to say that anybody sitting in the audience for Final Destination 2, especially with all the good movies out in theaters right now, is dumber than ever.
Old 02-01-03, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think this movie wasn't trying to be scary, but really trying to be funny.
Spoiler:
I mean the kid at the end just blowing up was so cheesy looking I took it as a joke rather than one final jolt. And they were playing the deaths off for laughs from the first scene. I couldn't stop laughing in the pile-up scene as each car blew up and the driver met some weird demise. Also the kid at the dentist running over to play with the pigeons and getting flattened to a pancake had me rolling in the aisles.
Old 02-01-03, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
I think it's safe to say that anybody sitting in the audience for Final Destination 2, especially with all the good movies out in theaters right now, is dumber than ever.
I've already seen most of the really good movies (Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, Chicago, The Two Towers, Narc, etc..) and I enjoy a good piece of entertaining trash every once in a while. I don't need "think pieces" all the time. Nor does anyone else.
Old 02-01-03, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Are parents dumber then ever (Final Destination 2)

Originally posted by Rypro 525
Do you think that parents need to learn to say "now son, that movie isn't appropriate for you" or for the parent to go to the movie before he did just to see what it was about. (she probably had no clue)
Please. If half of parents say that, kids will say:

Listen b**ch. I said I want to see Final Destination 2, and I want to see it now. Now shut up you fat slut.

I am going a little too far, but I have overheard some kids basically reprimand their parents for not letting them do anything they want. I have had the joy of working retail in the past.

Now, I was not one of those kids. If I were to tell my parents what to do...I would be having to sit on a pillow my entire life.

A lot of parents just don't know how to set ground rules or discipline, and that is why society is like it is today.
Old 02-01-03, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Groucho, I think it's time to stop acting like your **** doesn't smell.

But, back on topic, yes, there were kids sitting behind me too when I saw the film. When the girl said,"Kimberly, let's get the guys, I'm horny!", the little boy asked his mom ,"What's horny mean?", then the mom said, "Well, it's..." and the rest of her talk was drowned out by what was happening on screen. I wanted to hear what she had to say!
Old 02-02-03, 12:42 AM
Banned

AJ Cook's a cutie.
Old 02-02-03, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is #1 just as violent, as #2, since I enjoy these types of movies but never got around to this one.
Part 2 is 10 times MORE violent than the first. I'm surprised that half the stuff in the movie made it by the MPAA. I'm happy, but very surprised. I actually wouldn't mind a Final Destination 3, and obviously we will be getting one because FD2 made over 5.5 million on Friay night alone, so it should have about 14-15 million for the weekend and the number 1 or 2 spot.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.