Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: What did you think of Star Trek: Nemesis?
39.24%
27.85%
20.25%
Have not seen it
12.66%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Star Trek: Nemesis

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-01, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Star Trek X?

I'm not really a big Star Trek fan, but I enjoy several of the films. Got to watching First Contact last night and was wondering if they're making a new Star Trek film, as it's been a while since Insurrection. Looked it up on imdb.com and found a listing, though the movie is in pre-production. I guess its happening, but curious if anyone has heard anything about it or when it would be coming out.
Old 11-10-01, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
As a matter of fact I got a Paramount Progress report yesterday at work and Star Trek X:Nemesis was on it as an upcoming release Christmas 2002, I belive. I will check again tonight and make sure.

Double checked the flyer says "Winter 2002"

Last edited by Edison; 11-11-01 at 01:54 AM.
Old 11-10-01, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts
This should be a good movie.

It's even-numbered.
Old 11-10-01, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here's what i know:

1) it will be coming out next fall (nov/dec).
2) it will begin shooting sometime very soon - i know this because i read recently that patrick stewart is segueing into x-men 2 immediately afterward, which starts shooting sometime early next year.
3) jonathan frakes will not be directing this one. they're bringing in somebody who has done other big films.. off the top of my head, i don't rightly know who, though..

-di doctor-
Old 11-10-01, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
....and Gladiators screenplay writer John Logan. The Director is Stuart Baird (directed U.S. Marshals and Executive Decision).
Old 11-11-01, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts
do you think this will be one of the last ones?
Old 11-11-01, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by tanman
do you think this will be one of the last ones?
What do you mean? I guess this is the fourth movie for the Next Generation crew so they may stop, but I'm sure there will always be Star Trek movies based on one of the shows
Old 11-11-01, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

as i understand it they are having a bit of trouble getting this one off the ground. as far as movies from the other series i sincerely doubt it. none of the other casts had the same kind of chemistry both onscreen and off as ST:TOS and TNG.
Old 11-12-01, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by tanman
as i understand it they are having a bit of trouble getting this one off the ground. as far as movies from the other series i sincerely doubt it. none of the other casts had the same kind of chemistry both onscreen and off as ST:TOS and TNG.
You make some good points, but I find it hard to believe that star Trek would actually end. There seems to be too big of a fan base, though I guess there's TV instead
Old 11-12-01, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
based on the imdb.com listing for ST:X
Spoiler:
Admiral Kathryn Jane way is in it, but I wonder how she got promoted to Admiral. She was only a Captain for 7 years, Voyager was her first command. Picard has been captain for over 14, true he could have turned down a promotion, but I don't see them promoting a captain after only one command
Old 11-13-01, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by mikehunt
based on the imdb.com listing for ST:X
Spoiler:
Admiral Kathryn Janeway is in it, but I wonder how she got promoted to Admiral. She was only a Captain for 7 years, Voyager was her first command. Picard has been captain for over 14, true he could have turned down a promotion, but I don't see them promoting a captain after only one command
What do you expect?
Spoiler:
They probably couldn't demote her, and the last time they gave her a ship she got lost, so they probably promoted her and gave her a desk job.
Old 11-13-01, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

At a convention this past week, Patrick Stewart said that filming was set to begin next Monday.

And most of the actors want this to be the last one or believe it will be the last one since Stewart and Spiner don't want to do anymore. And this new movie will bring resolution to most of the 7 characters.

Matt
Old 11-13-01, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by MvRojo
At a convention this past week, Patrick Stewart said that filming was set to begin next Monday.

And most of the actors want this to be the last one or believe it will be the last one since Stewart and Spiner don't want to do anymore. And this new movie will bring resolution to most of the 7 characters.

Matt
Of course Patrick Stewart can probably get signifigant acting roles in other things, X-Men being just one example. I'm not so sure about the rest of them, though they obviously have plenty of money
Old 11-14-01, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Oh, boy. Just read this.

So......

What are the two scariest words you could possibly hear in Star Trek?

Wesley's Back.
Old 11-14-01, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
According to earlier reports, Janeway's in this movie *sort of* by accident... The original plan was to give Jeri Ryan a guest spot due to her breakout popularity, but then scheduling conflicts came up. The role was rewritten for Kate Mulgrew...
Old 11-14-01, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm a huge fan of Star Trek and probably the minority on this one but, I love the odd numbered films...even moments in Star Trek 5 were decent. Regarding the end of the big-screen adventures, I'd have to say that I doubt that will happen very soon. Paramount sees $$$ in the franchise and will bilk it for all it's worth. Insurrection was not the strongest entry however, it wasn't the worst either (see ST5) Should they continue writing great stories, and should they keep the SFX in the hands of ILM, I think we'll continue to see Trek in the Multiplexes for a good while yet.

The only series entries I can't see making the transition are Voyager and Enterprise.
Old 11-14-01, 11:52 AM

Fielding Mellish, I've been trying to get in touch with you.

Hi, sorry this has nothing to do with this post, but Fielding Mellish, please e-mail me at: [email protected]

It's regarding "The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires"

Thanks,
Jason
Old 11-14-01, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Jason,

I'm really, really sorry about not being reachable. My at home ISP has been down all week.

I'm hoping to get things fixed tonight.
Old 11-14-01, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news.htm

Spoiler:

Star Trek: Nemesis: Wil Wheaton has commented on wilwheaton.net about the possibility of his character returning: "When I did Weakest Link, I stood next to LeVar. We were talking during the commercials, and I said to him that I really missed them. He said to me that I should be in the movie, especially since it's going to be the last TNG movie. I told him that I would love to be in it, but I really thought that Berman and company really didn't like me. He seemed surprised, and he told me that he was going to call Rick the next morning, and suggest to him that I be in the movie, at least as a cameo. I thought that would be really cool, and told him so. Last week, on Friday, my agent called me to let me know that there was an offer from Paramount to reprise the role of Wesley Crusher in Star Trek X. We just needed to work out the details. So we spent some time negotiating it, and --get this-- Rick Berman told my agent that he was "very pleased" that I was going to be in the movie!". Thanks to 'Shorty', 'Reed', 'bbrune', 'Radz', 'Rick' & 'Fifepipe'.
Old 11-14-01, 01:55 PM
Banned

Yes, lets completely ruin the last ever TNG movie by putting Wesley Idiot Crusher in it.
Old 11-14-01, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

maybe they'll kill him

Originally posted by Snake Plissken
Yes, lets completely ruin the last ever TNG movie by putting Wesley Idiot Crusher in it.
Old 11-14-01, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If it's just a cameo, the film could still be great. However, if they extend his role any further, they might as well hire Sophia Coppola, Elizabeth Shue and Denise Richards as Starfleet Admirals just to round out the ineptness he'll bring to the feature!
Old 11-14-01, 03:18 PM
Banned

Originally posted by DigIt
What do you expect?
Spoiler:
They probably couldn't demote her, and the last time they gave her a ship she got lost, so they probably promoted her and gave her a desk job.
Okay...that was funny
Old 11-14-01, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by MvRojo

Matt
EXTREME (POSSIBLE) PLOT SPOILER:
Spoiler:
Spiner certainly doesn't want to do anymore... I suppose anything could happen--since they haven't filmed yet... But he only agreed to do the movie on condition that Data was permanently killed off...
Old 11-17-01, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

the way i see it if TNG cast does not want to do anymore movies and dissolves i really do not see how they can do another movie. the only way would be to bring in something totally new which would be incredibly difficult. ST is a movie series that that takes an entire cast with great chemistry to do. i really dont see them doing a DS9 movie. there was a certain finallity to the end of the series. forget voyager. enterprise is way to new. IMHO nothing can touch the TNG in terms of cast chemistry, popularity, and overall money making which is really what it takes to make a movie.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.