Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > Key Thread Archive
Reload this Page >

Anyone with experience on "talking" to get a better interest rate w/ credit card?

Anyone with experience on "talking" to get a better interest rate w/ credit card?

Old 12-31-03, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 461 Likes on 332 Posts
Originally posted by Thunderball
Anyone wanna bet what 3 DVDS(look at his location) he still has?
The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast, 2 Furious
Driving Miss Daisy

Am I right?
Old 12-31-03, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by damn_skippy
FYI

Moving to a tent in the backyard does NOT count.
Dude your killing me. It's so damn funny. Yeah right! Anyhow, what kind of work do you do? Married? What vehicles do you own? I looked at your profile and searched your threads but don't see anything related. I'm guessing Mid 30's, over weight, going bald, tries to play basketball (saw you have one), cheap as hell, barely making it in life, can't get a girl (saw the thread where you asked "have any good looking friends". Typical loser sums it up if I were to guess.....
Old 12-31-03, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by LX98Civic
Dude your killing me. It's so damn funny. Yeah right! Anyhow, what kind of work do you do? Married? What vehicles do you own? I looked at your profile and searched your threads but don't see anything related. I'm guessing Mid 30's, over weight, going bald, tries to play basketball (saw you have one), cheap as hell, barely making it in life, can't get a girl (saw the thread where you asked "have any good looking friends". Typical loser sums it up if I were to guess.....

YOu couldn't bemore wrong there .
Old 12-31-03, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Actually, damn_skippy is pretty successful. I won't post the personal details of his life, but he doesn't fit the description of what you posted.
Old 12-31-03, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Deftones
The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast, 2 Furious
Driving Miss Daisy

Am I right?
No, Varsity Blues, Rush Hour 2, and Clerks which is not open.
Old 12-31-03, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 359 Likes on 264 Posts
Damn, I just got done reading his other nominated thread... and now here's a live one.
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Whatever! I'd school you in b-ball, take your girl if you had one (even thought she'd probably be $hit), beat your car from A to B, out lift you in the weight room, then beat your a$$ after all said and done.
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.

Should i let him know or not?

Civic im curious who woke up first and found their present under the tree from Santa you or your brother?
Old 12-31-03, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Please no one ban him. How could we ever live with out this comedic value!
Old 12-31-03, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by damn_skippy

Should i let him know or not?

Civic im curious who woke up first and found their present under the tree from Santa you or your brother?
naaa, let him think he could do all those things to you.
Old 12-31-03, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Whatever! I'd school you in b-ball, take your girl if you had one (even thought she'd probably be $hit), beat your car from A to B, out lift you in the weight room, then beat your a$$ after all said and done.
well iwas trying to put the thread back on topic, but if you're gonna take the bait they're waving in front of you....oh well
Old 12-31-03, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Venusian
it comes with being part of the family.
Old 12-31-03, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Man, this is pure comedy. Unintentionally funny as hell.
Old 12-31-03, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk God

well iwas trying to put the thread back on topic, but if you're gonna take the bait they're waving in front of you....oh well
as was I, but it doesn't seem that he wants to take the bait. He'd rather tell everyone his qualifications.
Old 12-31-03, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

just curious what kind of job you have, since you said its probably better than most of ours.

also, how much you bench?
Old 12-31-03, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

9.3 1/8th times biatch!!!
Old 12-31-03, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

yeah, anyone want to explain what that means to those of us who don't speak rice?
Old 12-31-03, 12:15 AM

Originally posted by Goblincat
They are finally throwing you out, huh? Dad getting mad because you are taking up his garage space?
I thought that already happened:

Old 12-31-03, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
I cannot figure out whats funnier
this;
Or this post, out of *****ing nowhere in the middle of all the chaos

why dont you jsut go with a 0% balance transfer card? are you that opposed to a new card? do you have too many that another could hurt your credit?
Civic, let me offer you advice, If you want to prove a point that EVERYONE else is an ******* and you are not, PLEASE do not refer to your;
-modified car
-basketball skills
-ability to steal girls and tap that ass
-weight lifting
-and kick ass skills

It just perpetrates the amazing image that you have forged here... seriously, theres not one thing that you say in these threads that in 5 years you wouldnt look back on and say 'what the **** was I thinking' (Im 5 yrs older than you, I know)

THIS IS NOT THE CIVIC ROOM AT AUTOMOTIVEFORUMS.COM! NO ONE CARES ABOUT 1/4 MILE TIMES (except maybe as a hobby, and they, I believe, do not base thier self esteem on it). Screaming about 'TAKING' my Accord 4 banger means NOTHING! NADA, I couldnt care less. Now I understand that amoungst your friends, 1/4 mile times mean EVERYTHING, but 99% of people on earth do not care, it just makes the thread more entertaining by allowing people to continue posting souped up, tricked out bunk beds.

Guys who talk about how much 'a$$' they could get...are obviously not getting enough. Any real man wouldnt talk about it constantly. Please, if your getting laid...THEN GETTING LAID WOULD BE SATISFACTION ENOUGH without having to talk about in on DVD talk.

Weight lifting and ass kicking...your 25 now, with a child...find something that every HS football player doesnt already brag about.

Now, do you realise that people here have posted more embarrasing things here than your top bunk saga? Why arent they tortured constantly? BECAUSE THEY DO NOT RESPOND TO EVERYTHING LIKE A 10 YEAR OLD!

So go put a huge aluminum wing on the back of your civic. Hit the gym, shoot some hoops, and talk shit about you babys mama, just dont say I didnt warn ya.

Last edited by Tommy Ceez; 12-31-03 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-31-03, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

i was just trying to help him, but looks like he ignored my post. oh well.

i think he left.
Old 12-31-03, 12:27 AM

I was going to say something similar, like: Go have some bacon and syrup, it'll help you keep things real, aight?
Old 12-31-03, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
LX98Civic you gangsta son.

Last edited by damn_skippy; 12-31-03 at 12:52 AM.
Old 12-31-03, 12:35 AM

Received 141 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally posted by TomOpus
Damn, I just got done reading his other nominated thread... and now here's a live one.

A rare but memorable occurrence indeed. Good times.

The thing is, when I read the first two posts, expecting the worst, I thought this thread was going to make it, despite everything being against it. How wrong I was.

And I think Venusian's post was funnier, at least to me.

Good luck in life LXCivic, good luck.
Old 12-31-03, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

just curious what kind of job you have, since you said its probably better than most of ours.
Hey.... we can't ALL be airport security checkpoint employees, can we?
Old 12-31-03, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
I must admit, that I got amazingly pumped when I read this;

'I think it depends on what kind of car you drive and which bunk you happen to reside on.'
Hey.... we can't ALL be airport security checkpoint employees, can we?
Do you realise that those guys stand around together for hours at a time, can you imagine 5 normal adults having to listen to shit talking about civic mods, banging the shorty working the x-ray machine, lifting, balling, and babies mama complaints for an entire shift? That airport might rival the local post office for work related 'snapping'.

Last edited by Tommy Ceez; 12-31-03 at 12:45 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.