This thread is closed.

Please continue in Part 4:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=185897

Previous discussions are linked below.

Official DVD Replacement Cover + Case Thread Part One
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=covers

Official DVD Replacement Cover + Case Thread Part Deux
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...2&pagenumber=4

Last edited by TheBang; 02-21-02 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-15-01, 12:47 PM

Does anyone have the original art for Halloween 2? I have the goodtimes disc, and the artwork for it is hideous. I know finding the sources are sometimes hard as well, I'd love to have a tutorial on Photoshop so I could try to create stuff on my own...

thanks in advance.
Old 10-16-01, 10:34 AM

I don't know how I missed that one, thanks disc-flipper!

I wish someone could put an easy how-to guide (from scanning images, to capturing frames from a DVD). I have photoshop 6, but I'm not very good at using it...

I'm trying very hard to remove my snapper cases from my dvd shelf. I still have a long way to go.

I'd like to see the Nightmare on Elm Street Box done.
Old 10-16-01, 02:05 PM

Total Movie #5?

Is there a cover anywhere for the Total Movie #5/Inside DVD/Night Of The Living Dead disc?

Also, Mike McGee's Total Movie page which also included Basic Instinct and Major League seems to be permanently gone. I have # 1 and 4 and Basic Instinct, does anyone have the other 3? We should host them somewhere, doesn't matter where.
Old 10-17-01, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Slums of Beverly Hills

Anybody have a scan of The Slums of Beverly Hills?

Matt, your site is kick a$$! Thanks!
Old 10-17-01, 09:17 PM
mdX

IMHO-

it might be easiest to move all cover requests to my site/forums. It's starting to get a decent amount of traffic and I am able to host covers for anyone who needs it. This thread and it's predecessors have always been hard to navigate, and people would often post requests for something listed in the previous thread. and it's a logistical nightmare. If one of the mods could email me with the HTML code from the first post on the original thread (with all the links) I could add that to my site (I'm not about to retype it all ) and it would make it easier for people to find what is already out there

-Matt
Old 10-20-01, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If anybody is interested, I just made up a new cover for North By Northwest, so it will fit in with the rest of the titles from the Hitchcock box sets.

You can click on the picture for the full-size, printable version...

Not perfect, but good enough for me.
Old 10-20-01, 12:10 PM

Added link to first cover thread.
Old 10-21-01, 03:47 PM

Could someone post a scan of "Dick" with Kirsten Dunst? My cat peed all over mine... sob!
Old 10-21-01, 04:28 PM

Does anyone know of a good place online to get high quality images from the movies? Poster images, promo stills, etc.

I'm more interested in creating some of my own covers. I have tons of magazines/books with images from the films I own, problem is, I currently do not have a scanner.

I've searched high and low and found only crappy quality, teeny-tiney images!

HELP!!!
Old 10-21-01, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

does anybody have a replacement cover for Opera? My original cover was damaged in water unfortunatly.

Thanks.
Old 10-21-01, 08:39 PM

I'm after the following cover scans:

Some Like It Hot SE
Torn Curtain
Ravenous
Sleeping With The Enemy
Exit Wounds
Kiss Of Death

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out
Old 10-21-01, 08:50 PM

Originally posted by darksidedesign
Does anyone know of a good place online to get high quality images from the movies? Poster images, promo stills, etc.
The best place I have found is at Hundland.com, they aren't all high quality though.

WOW, what happened to my beautiful thread?!? I go away for a little while, and POOF, gone. Doesn't Mickey take care of it anymore? I guess the answer to that is obvious.

Oh well, the list was getting to be a lot to search through. I wish I knew how to make an alphabetical list of all the covers with a link directly to the site without having to search each one out. Many of the sites change their covers too frequently to keep up with, anyway.

I guess Matt / mdX 's site is a good replacement, since it has a forum.

-Matt Martin
Old 10-22-01, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Darksidedesign,
I like to get 1-sheet poster images for my DVD's to display in DVD Profiler. My best source is a site called moviegoods.com They have 1-sheet scans and sometimes lobbycards too. However, they do unfortunately put a visible watermark into every image. Posterfast.com also has some movie poster images for more recent films and their mark is a little easier to get rid of. Hope this helps.
Old 10-22-01, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Now that the Basic Instinct and Total Recall SEs have replaced the "LE SEs", somebody could scan the covers so those of us who own the limited editions can create replacements...
Old 10-23-01, 06:48 PM

My Basic Instinct DVD Cover has been uplaoded to a new server, so all past links need to be updated. Here is the new site with the Total Movie DVD Covers as well as the Basic Instinct Cover and the Japanese R2 Cover for Major League:

http://dvdcovers.madmanmark.com/

Note to admins: Could you please update the links on the "One and only DVD cover thread" to include this updated link.

You may also want to list the fact that I created DVD covers for the first 4 issues of Total Movie Magazine, as well as the Major League DVD. Thanks.
Old 10-23-01, 06:53 PM

Also, Mike McGee's Total Movie page which also included Basic Instinct and Major League seems to be permanently gone. I have # 1 and 4 and Basic Instinct, does anyone have the other 3? We should host them somewhere, doesn't matter where.
Mr. Moody, like Phoenix rising from the ashes, this site is back.

http://dvdcovers.madmanmark.com/

You can grab covers for Total Movie Magazine 1-4 at the following link above. As for the new Total Movie Magazine, I don't have the "new" issue, but if I get it, I'll make a cover for it.

Is that mag any good?
Old 10-23-01, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I asked a similar question in another thread, but how is Hewlett Packard C1846A Photo Paper for replacement covers?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-25-01, 03:52 PM

Anybody know where I can get a cover for an obscure movie such as Cannibal! The Musical?
Old 10-27-01, 10:14 PM

Anyone got the original covers for some of the NoES films converted to dvd? The original film espically...

How about these:

White Palace
Undercover aka Undercover Heat
X-Men

thank you in advance
Old 10-27-01, 11:43 PM

since a bunch of us will be getting our "replacement" DVD from Anchor Bay of Dario Argento's "Opera", how 'bout a cover scan of that?

please.
Old 10-28-01, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Does any place sell the silver double alphas that Fox uses for their Five-Star collection DVDs? I need a couple.
Old 10-29-01, 11:06 PM

Does anyone have scans of any of the following covers:

Some Like It Hot SE
Torn Curtain
Ravenous
Patton
Salvador
The Longest Day
Tora! Tora! Tora!
Old 10-31-01, 06:45 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

It's probably a longshot, but does anyone have a cover for Something Weird's Axe?
Old 11-01-01, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can someone scan the covers and inserts for The Killer and Salo Criterions? I bought the discs from a rental place a couple of years ago and they "lost" them.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.