Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

DDDHouse Weekly Cheap Sale (HK movies) - Part III

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

DDDHouse Weekly Cheap Sale (HK movies) - Part III

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-01, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are some good or "must haves" in the dddhouse inventory that I should pick up if I'm making order (might as well through in a few more). I'm unfamiliar with just about all the films there (except J.Li, J.Chan, J.Y.Fat, Battle Royale, etc..)
Old 06-15-01, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

it's hard to come up with a list, everyone's taste is different. Start with looking at the links that are provided on the very first post of this thread. There's also a big thread on the DVD Talk forum on HK movies, though there is a bias towards action and martial arts films.

Old 06-15-01, 04:53 PM

Just made my 1st purchase from dddhouse, unfortunatly it got stopped at customs and I was charged $100 Canadian.
is there any around this that anyone knows of?
perhaps not making such large orders?

James
Old 06-15-01, 06:03 PM

They charged you $100 CAN for customs? How big was your order?
Old 06-15-01, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Custom Charges

You have to make sure the value of your order is under your country's tax exemption.

For the U.S. it's $100 or $200.. can't remember.. above that customs holds your package and sends you a form and a bill..

Fortunately all my HK orders are "GIFTS" or have "No Commercial Value" thus no fee... YMMV
Old 06-16-01, 12:06 AM

my order was 16 dvds, it was labeled as gift, but had the value on it too. so, they got me
oh, well.

James
Old 06-16-01, 11:00 AM

I thought the customs limit for the US is 400$??
Old 06-19-01, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

new weekly cheap sale items have been posted. God of Gambler's War is one of those movies that doesn't have an English title on the cover, so if you tried to cross reference this with HKMDB or Asian DVD Guide or any other catalog, chances are you won't be able to find it. I've only seen this title in shelves in HK, never online.

Shanghai Grand is also a pretty good movie.
Old 06-25-01, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Trigger spotted that DDDHouse now sells the ever so slightly wider HK DVD cases for $5HK each. Comes in black, though he mentioned to me that he can get the Widesight-style clear ones as well. It's in the Other section.
Old 06-25-01, 03:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Yellow Hammer
Trigger spotted that DDDHouse now sells the ever so slightly wider HK DVD cases for $5HK each. Comes in black, though he mentioned to me that he can get the Widesight-style clear ones as well. It's in the Other section.
Johnny mentioned the clear cases to YH, not me.

All I did was find them on his website.

To find them - check the "Other" Category and look at the bottom.
Old 06-25-01, 03:33 AM

Does DDDhouse young and dangerous 6, born to be king? Cant seem to find it on the site but i think its out. I would like to make one giant order for the first time but want that dvd particularly.
Old 06-25-01, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by trae
Does DDDhouse young and dangerous 6, born to be king? Cant seem to find it on the site but i think its out. I would like to make one giant order for the first time but want that dvd particularly.
I see it in the Chinese HK section, number 0272 - Born to be King, $63HK.
Old 06-25-01, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, is postage the same for a DVD as a replacement case? If so, ouch!
Old 06-25-01, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by chie9
I thought the customs limit for the US is 400$??
Depends. I know NAFTA countries (Canada/Mexico) you can bring in $400 in. I think Europe and elsewhere are $200 or less.
Old 06-28-01, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

been busy this week, but DDDHouse's Weekly Cheap Sale for this week includes the very excellent movie Lost and Found, the Lau Ching Wan police drama The Most Wanted, and the Lunar New Year film Ninth Happiness.
Old 06-29-01, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Lost and Found with David Spade??

BTW - Johnny sent me 30 DVDs in one huge box via UPS and wrote the value as $50. I didn't have to hassle with any customs. Yay.
Old 06-29-01, 09:58 AM

Originally posted by Trigger
Uh... no. Stars Kelly Chen Wai Lam (Tokyo Raiders and Anna Magdelena), Takeshi Kenishiro (currently of PS2 game, Onimusha fame) and Michael (I can't act) Wong (of TV movie Once a Thief and JCVD boreathon, Knock Off). Personally I haven't seen the film, but people say it's akin to Anna Magdelena.
Old 06-30-01, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by yangshouwen
Uh... no. Stars Kelly Chen Wai Lam (Tokyo Raiders and Anna Magdelena), Takeshi Kenishiro (currently of PS2 game, Onimusha fame) and Michael (I can't act) Wong (of TV movie Once a Thief and JCVD boreathon, Knock Off). Personally I haven't seen the film, but people say it's akin to Anna Magdelena.
I was just joking - didn't you see the smiley face guy?
Old 06-30-01, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Peep
So, is postage the same for a DVD as a replacement case? If so, ouch!
Yes, I was wondering if anyone knows if he charges the shipping fee on this like the DVDs? If so then "No, Thanks!"
Old 06-30-01, 09:48 PM

Originally posted by yangshouwen
I was just joking - didn't you see the smiley face guy?
Yeah, yeah. But I don't want David Spade fetishists getting duped into buying it and seeing something else.
Old 07-09-01, 12:57 PM

I plan to order about 50 dvds from dddhouse.com is it best to order this in 4 different shipments or all at once, I live in San jose California, and want to try to avoid the us customs fee. I would also like to find out which way would be cheaper to buy the movies with shipping. any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-09-01, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by tangno
I plan to order about 50 dvds from dddhouse.com is it best to order this in 4 different shipments or all at once, I live in San jose California, and want to try to avoid the us customs fee. I would also like to find out which way would be cheaper to buy the movies with shipping. any help would be appreciated.

Definitely try and get it all in one shipment. You'll want to ask Johnny to mark the shipment at a value well below $3000HK, if the value is above $400US.
Old 07-09-01, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the new weekly items have been posted. Hey look Ma, a title that someone actually recognizes - Mr. Nice Guy! Also, Twin Bracelets is there - a movie with virtually no box office but a great song from Anita Mui.
Old 07-10-01, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Go for all 50. You might get a shipping upgrade!!. Ask them to mark it as gift.

I've had a few packages early on that had the full HKD value, which was way over the customs limit. No problem.
Old 07-10-01, 09:44 AM

Thx you two, I'll be ordering today. And Johnny even sent me a reply within a day that he'll mark down the value 50%, what a guy!!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.