Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Giallo on polish dvd

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Giallo on polish dvd

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-09, 08:44 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Giallo on polish dvd

Whatever the merits of the film might be, GIALLO is now available on Polish DVD with English 5.1 soundtrack and optional Polish subtitles. The DVD can be ordered rather cheaply from the Polish online store MERLIN. Check out the at: merlin.pl and search for GIALLO
Old 12-06-09, 04:55 AM
Cool New Member

Re: Giallo on polish dvd

Here's a the direct hyperlink:

http://merlin.pl/Giallo_Dario-Argent.../2,700760.html
Old 03-21-10, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Anywhere else to get it?
Old 05-24-10, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Missed my chance to get this at a vendor's table at Weekend Of Horrors in Los Angeles a couple days ago.

The table had a good handful of the Polish DVD I think for $20-25. My g/f told me if I wanted it I should snag it, since they would probably be gone later. I decided to come back later on in the day and of course they were all gone
Old 05-24-10, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Missed my chance to get this at a vendor's table at Weekend Of Horrors in Los Angeles a couple days ago.

The table had a good handful of the Polish DVD I think for $20-25. My g/f told me if I wanted it I should snag it, since they would probably be gone later. I decided to come back later on in the day and of course they were all gone
ughhhhh. I want it sooo bad.
Old 07-21-10, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Now for sale at ethaicd.com for $12.50: http://www.ethaicd.com/show.php?pid=54452

Anamorphic and DD 5.1 English
Old 10-19-10, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quick! Buy the DVDs before they become out of print!

Star Adrien Brody has sued the producers of Dario Argento's Giallo - including Argento himself - and is seeking a permanent injunction to block the release of the film. For the full details of what exactly went down I recommend heading over to The Hollywood Reporter where they broke the story, but the gist is that he was lied to about payment and was guaranteed "absolute right to withhold consent to the use of his likeness in the Picture" until he was paid in full. Which he hasn't been. Which means they're not allowed to release any part of the film that has Brody in it unless he gives the approval. Which means it was probably a bad idea for the producers to tell him they were ignoring the agreement and didn't intend to pay him ever. Whoops.
Old 12-09-10, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you ever wondered what it would have been like if Damone from FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH grew up to be a police detective? And perhaps too if John Rambo had become a serial killer? Well, if you can't answer "yes" to both of those questions, and do so rather eagerly...then you should most definitely avoid watching GIALLO. Heck, even if you answered "yes", I would put forth that those first two lines I just wrote are better than any of the writing in GIALLO. Come to think of it, I'm half-tempted to delete those two lines for fear that they might mislead someone into actually checking out the movie...don't do it, you'll be sorry...I assure you that that level of so-bad-it's-good fun and imagination is not to be found in GIALLO.

Seriously though, the movie is godawful...I'm talking the type of awful where I'd have to implement a negative rating scale. Undoubtedly, one of the absolute worst and most incompetent films I've suffered through in a long, long, long, long, long while...I mean...I'm talking all-time bad...on the scale of being an affront to cinema itself.

Aside from some decent locations and...the cinematography was fine too I suppose...and actor Robert Miano came across as competent and professional in his few minutes of screentime, but beyond that...my god, the writing and acting and directing...just absolute no-talent, amateur hour..and what makes it even worse is that the primary folks involved were anything but no-talent, amateurs.

Now that I think about it, Poland should consider GIALLO being released on Polish DVD to be some sort of...act of war.
Old 12-09-10, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Brody and Argento disown it, so does everyone else
Old 12-09-10, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by manicsounds
Brody and Argento disown it, so does everyone else
Which is why I haven't shelled out the $$$ to see it. Even if it was bad and Argento stood behind it (even if he said it was bad) I'd go for it. But from everything he has said it is obvious that he was a name to slap on a film that needed all the help it could get.
Old 12-11-10, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Mentioned over on the Talk forum by Aeryn Sun. Brody Vs. Giallo!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/...argento-giallo
Old 12-11-10, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by SethDLH
Which is why I haven't shelled out the $$$ to see it. Even if it was bad and Argento stood behind it (even if he said it was bad) I'd go for it. But from everything he has said it is obvious that he was a name to slap on a film that needed all the help it could get.
Exactly...I've come across a couple of copies but I can't justify shelling out the money for something that is just not sounding like it'll be worth it.
Old 12-16-10, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

One of the worst movies ever made. I hope no one wasted their money on this turd.
Old 12-16-10, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't like Giallo either. The only "giallo" movie that's impressed in the last 10 years is Eyes of Crystal which oddly nobody even ever mentions, maybe because there's no R1 release.
Old 12-17-10, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by statcat
I didn't like Giallo either. The only "giallo" movie that's impressed in the last 10 years is Eyes of Crystal which oddly nobody even ever mentions, maybe because there's no R1 release.
I'll mention it. I really enjoyed my R2 DVD of it....