International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Black Rain HD/BD 2 disc??

Old 01-25-07, 11:55 AM
Banned

Black Rain HD/BD 2 disc??

Anyone know what's on the 2nd disc of the HD DVD/Blu-Ray versions that are coming out next month?

We're just getting a 1 disc version.
Old 01-25-07, 12:10 PM

I thought the 2nd HD DVD disc contained some interviews with the Japanese cast and a few other featurettes but that none of them would contain English subtitles which is why I ended up getting the 1 disc U.S. version. Obviously I don't have the Japanese discs in front of me so please take this with a grain of salt.
Old 01-25-07, 12:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dkny75
I thought the 2nd HD DVD disc contained some interviews with the Japanese cast and a few other featurettes but that none of them would contain English subtitles which is why I ended up getting the 1 disc U.S. version. Obviously I don't have the Japanese discs in front of me so please take this with a grain of salt.
They're not out yet.
Old 01-25-07, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
They're not out yet.
He's probably talking about the 2-disc regular Japanese Special Edition which came out in November. If it's on the same label, etc. chances are that it's a similar package and those Japanese-centric supplements are the reason for the 2nd HD disc.

Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 01-25-07 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-25-07, 12:53 PM
Banned

I'd heard that rumor as well.

I'd just like to know for sure. Even if there is some b-roll footage or something on that 2nd disc, I'd like to see it.
Old 01-25-07, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dkny75
I thought the 2nd HD DVD disc contained some interviews with the Japanese cast and a few other featurettes but that none of them would contain English subtitles which is why I ended up getting the 1 disc U.S. version.
On many Japanese DVDs, typically if the interview is with an American star the featurette will show the question being asked by the reporter, re-asked in English by a translator, and then answered by the star. Of course, if they're interviewing the Japanese cast of the film, likely there will be no English.
Old 01-31-07, 12:16 PM
Banned

Apparently the BD version will not be 2 discs any more. The HD DVD will still be.

There are 45 minutes of extras on this 2nd disc.

I'm very curious.
Old 01-31-07, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I presume you're only interested in this disc for the extras alone? Remember, since this is a Japanese release, the movie itself may offer the ability to turn on or off English subtitles for the entire running time, but it won't have the option of English subtitles appearing only during Japanese dialogue.