Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

CDWOW vouchers, promotions, news, opinions, & bargains: PART TWO!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

CDWOW vouchers, promotions, news, opinions, & bargains: PART TWO!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-06, 03:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol.
Old 08-09-06, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They have 7 titles of the The Charlie Chaplin Collection 2-Disc for £6.99 a piece ...or much cheaper using the various discount tricks.

Gold Rush
The Circus
LimeLight
The Kid
Great Dictator
Modern Times
City Light

Bought all of them for mere $34.00. What a bargain!
Old 08-09-06, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Gypo66
Are any of those new Masters of Cinema titles (Abhijan, Faust, Kwaidan) ever going to get reduced to that nice, affordable $15 - $17 range?
Hope this isn't the writing on the wall, but it seems like those MoC price reductions just aren't happening lately...
I've been finding the best deals on MoC titles (with shipping to US) at Benson's World and even Amazon.co.uk. So far, CD-Wow has not had the best deal on any MoC title I've ordered.

However, via the $2-off link in the first post of this thread, the remastered "Raise the Red Lantern" is selling for $9.95 shipped. That's the best deal I've found for that one.
Old 08-11-06, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts
Just wanted to praise CDWOW once again. I ordered Spaced S1 and S2 and had them at my door in about a week for $13.90 delivered. It amazes me that they can get my DVDs here from Hong Kong in less time than most U.S./Canadian DVD sites. The only exception being Futureshop.ca, whose items I usually have at my door within 2 days of ordering.

BTW, this is a blind buy that I'm already enjoying based on praise that I read here. Thanks for pointing out the great deal!
Old 08-11-06, 03:37 PM

Great show isn't it? Have you seen Peep Show. If you haven't, you should definately check it out. It's hilarious. Both seasons are quite cheap now as well ($6.95 shipped).
Old 08-11-06, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I enjoyed season one of Peep Show via Netflix but haven't seen season two yet.

I'm still thinking about buying Nighty Night since I LOVED that one. Anyone seen season two? I heard it was not nearly as good.
Old 08-11-06, 05:31 PM

The reviewer on IMDB said, " If you don't like Little Britain, you might not like this show though." Does that statement ring true for anyone else? If so, how is it like Little Britain? I can't stand Little Britain but was thinking about checking out Nighty Night.
Old 08-11-06, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Worm810
Great show isn't it? Have you seen Peep Show. If you haven't, you should definately check it out. It's hilarious. Both seasons are quite cheap now as well ($6.95 shipped).
Peep Show (Season 1) is available on R1 here in the States (and available from Blockbuster.com if you want to test the waters). Haven't heard any word about if a Season 2 release is planned.
Old 08-12-06, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Worm810
The reviewer on IMDB said, " If you don't like Little Britain, you might not like this show though." Does that statement ring true for anyone else? If so, how is it like Little Britain? I can't stand Little Britain but was thinking about checking out Nighty Night.

I watched NN first and loved it. Very dark humor-lots of "I can't believe she said/did that" laugh out loud moments.

Little Britain was very repetitive and had some humorous moments but in a quiet, inward laughing way. They basically take six or ten skits and repeat them each episode w/a slight variation. Worth a viewing, but not great. I watched season two and have not seen season one as per the DVD Talk reviews recommendation.
Old 08-12-06, 04:47 AM

So pretty much nothin' like it then. Gotcha. I caught a couple of episodes of Little Britain on BBC America and just found it inane. I think it got one actual laugh from me. Other than that it was annoying. Granted, I didn't at all like Black Books at first either. I thought it wasn't very funny at all but have grown to really enjoy it. But I gave it a second chance whereas I have no desire to do that with Little Britain.
Old 08-12-06, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well I bought Black Books after a search at Netflix didn't show them having it for some reason. Now it shows for me.

I've seen about four eps of BB and it hasn't done anything for me.

Check out Nighty Night!
Old 08-12-06, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser
I enjoyed season one of Peep Show via Netflix but haven't seen season two yet.

I'm still thinking about buying Nighty Night since I LOVED that one. Anyone seen season two? I heard it was not nearly as good.
Haven't seen Peep Show. I may, if it's still $6.95.

Nighty Night is an unbelievably cruel, but funny show. Season 2 was definitely not as good as S1. S2 just seemed to try to push the shock factor up a notch, but didn't match up comedy wise, or story wise to S1.

I thought Mark Gatiss was hilarious as Glen, especially in the S1 finale.

Last edited by andicus; 08-13-06 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-12-06, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Love the facial expression he did and boy was he desperate for some lovin'.

Peep Show is definitely worth $6.95.
Old 08-12-06, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Peep show ordered! I'm such a pushover.
Old 08-13-06, 02:35 AM

I have not seen it but Jimmy Carr: Stand Up is $6.95

btw: did your guys like Googlewhack?
Old 08-14-06, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser
I've seen about four eps of BB and it hasn't done anything for me.
As I said, I thought Black Books was ridiculous at first but I gave it another chance on somebody's reccomendation. It's a show you definately have to get used to before it becomes really enjoyable. Stick with it a bit more and see what you think.
Old 08-16-06, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just in case anyone is interested, they have another release of Revolver with DTS for $15.xx
Old 08-16-06, 10:41 PM

I wish I'd opted for the $6.95 Revolver. Sure the other one has deleted scenes and what not but I could've just as easily not cared for the movie for like 10 bucks less.
Old 08-19-06, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Richard Malloy
...via the $2-off link in the first post of this thread, the remastered "Raise the Red Lantern" is selling for $9.95 shipped. That's the best deal I've found for that one.
I just wanted to follow up on my post above. "Raise the Red Lantern" arrived today from CD-Wow. The disc they sent me had already been opened and is missing the cardboard slipcase. I'm appalled that they would expect me to accept a used, incomplete item in satisfaction of my order.

Has anyone else ever received an opened, incomplete item from CD Wow before?

UPDATE: I emailed CD-Wow, and received a prompt response regarding an exchange. Today, I got a shipping notice that the replacement is on its way. Excellent customer service.

Last edited by Richard Malloy; 08-21-06 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-19-06, 04:14 PM

The Revolver DVD I just mentioned was opened. I just chalked it up to the fact that sometimes distributors over seas don't shrink wrap their product but now I'm not so sure. The disc was the only thing in the case (besides the cover artwork). Does anyone know if there is supposed to be a booklet with the Redbus edition? Lets hope that this is not going to be a disheartening trend with them.
Old 08-19-06, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Yeah, some overseas distributors don't shrinkwrap their product, so they're not "opened" in the sense we in the US think of. Also, I don't remember anything coming with the Revolver DVD aside from the case and disc.

Also, cardboard slipcases are usually a limited quantity type deal.

Still, if you feel your DVD has been previously owned, try emailing CDWOW and see what their response is.
Old 08-19-06, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, I have received "used" product from Cd-Wow before. Once, I got the two-disc R3 version of The Day After Tomorrow, and it had no slipcase, no shrinkwrap, and there were two disc-one's inside (missing disc 2). I notified them, and they shipped me another that was unopened and had a slipcover. I also just got the Strings R3 DVD, and it came w/o slipcover, opened, and had the booklet jammed inside (supposed to go in the slipcover because it is too big).

BTW, is anyone having trouble using the discount link? I haven't been able to get it to work the past couple of days. I hope they haven't taken it down.
Old 08-19-06, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by andicus
Just wanted to praise CDWOW once again. I ordered Spaced S1 and S2 and had them at my door in about a week for $13.90 delivered. It amazes me that they can get my DVDs here from Hong Kong in less time than most U.S./Canadian DVD sites. The only exception being Futureshop.ca, whose items I usually have at my door within 2 days of ordering.

BTW, this is a blind buy that I'm already enjoying based on praise that I read here. Thanks for pointing out the great deal!
Big kudos for the Spaced recommendation. Almost through the second series and it is hilarious...
Old 08-19-06, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Originally Posted by dullboy
BTW, is anyone having trouble using the discount link? I haven't been able to get it to work the past couple of days. I hope they haven't taken it down.
The "3" after the "www" in the link is causing problems, it's possible that particular server is down for service or something.

You can either remove the 3 manually, or use this link:

http://www.cd-wow.us/index.php?affid=14275&pp_nr=1
Old 08-19-06, 08:05 PM

Thanks! That works.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.