Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

'Frightners' 4-disc or 3-disc version

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

'Frightners' 4-disc or 3-disc version

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-06, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's still on www.cd-wow.com. When I type it in it jumps to www2.cd-wow.com and then a search there brings me here:
http://www2.cd-wow.com/detail_result...subcat=region2

Dirk
Old 01-14-06, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dirk, I really hope you get yours soon, as I think its a bleeding joke the amount of time you have been waiting
Old 01-14-06, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ordered on 12/2 and it still hasn't shipped.

Everytime I email them about it I get the same canned response saying there has been a slight delay (of course slight equals over a month) and if I would like, they can cancel my order.

Last edited by flashburn; 01-14-06 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-14-06, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by annh
Dirk, I really hope you get yours soon, as I think its a bleeding joke the amount of time you have been waiting

It's just not right that they don't ship orders in the order they received them and those email answers they give really suck. They never answer the questions.

Dirk
Old 01-14-06, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered mine on Dec. 5th and still I haven't received the dvd yet. I'm probably better settling on the 3-disc version.....
Old 01-15-06, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Gilriz1827
I ordered mine on Dec. 5th and still I haven't received the dvd yet. I'm probably better settling on the 3-disc version.....
Did you get a shipping notice? What is your order status on their page?

Dirk
Old 01-16-06, 10:40 AM

For those still waiting, here is a photo of it

PS: CD-WOW shipped a whole load of these over the weekend, expect yours soon.
Old 01-16-06, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by sarah99
PS: CD-WOW shipped a whole load of these over the weekend, expect yours soon.
They didn't ship mine.

Dirk
Old 01-16-06, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

i pre-ordered the 4-discer while recouperating from Thanksgiving dinner and received my copy last week. Don't worry Dirk, it'll happen... eventually. It seemed like my order was in "pending despatch" limbo for a long while too.
Old 01-16-06, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by RaMMaR
i pre-ordered the 4-discer while recouperating from Thanksgiving dinner and received my copy last week. Don't worry Dirk, it'll happen... eventually. It seemed like my order was in "pending despatch" limbo for a long while too.
It just makes me mad that they don't seem to ship in the order they received their orders. I also don't care for the fact that I already paid for it. If they don't have it in stock they shouldn't charge it right away. The bad part is that you never know if they have an item in stock. Now if something goes wrong I might even have trouble disputing the charge because it was so long ago, I am not saying that I ever had trouble with CD-WOW before, but you never know. I ordered the French DVD of L' Appartement in the fall last year and CD-WOW never received their order so after about 6 to 8 weeks of waiting I canceled my order and they refunded my money within a couple of days back to my card. No harm done here but it's kind of a frustrating to wait that long.

Regards,
Dirk
Old 01-17-06, 05:35 AM

I agree, they should only charge once they ship.

They shipped mine saturday and it arrived today!
Old 01-17-06, 05:55 AM

I ordered my German 4 disker on the 17th Dec 2005
Then I panicked and I purchased a second hand one just after Xmas.
Then my ordered disk turned up from CD-WOW this morning.

So I have 2 of them now!
Old 01-17-06, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Regarding the voucher.... when I had orders that were delayed, they sent me $3 off
Old 01-17-06, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
It just makes me mad that they don't seem to ship in the order they received their orders. I also don't care for the fact that I already paid for it. If they don't have it in stock they shouldn't charge it right away. The bad part is that you never know if they have an item in stock. Now if something goes wrong I might even have trouble disputing the charge because it was so long ago, I am not saying that I ever had trouble with CD-WOW before, but you never know. I ordered the French DVD of L' Appartement in the fall last year and CD-WOW never received their order so after about 6 to 8 weeks of waiting I canceled my order and they refunded my money within a couple of days back to my card. No harm done here but it's kind of a frustrating to wait that long.

Regards,
Dirk
I agree, it is pretty lame that they are not shipping in the order received, especially since we already paid for it. The fact that they have had my money for over a month now yet I still don't have the set is a bit disappointing. Hopefully they will come through soon though.
Old 01-17-06, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
Regarding the voucher.... when I had orders that were delayed, they sent me $3 off
Bill, I never received the voucher they promised me and I made sure that it didn't end up in the spam folder by accident. It also seems that they don't respond to my mails anymore, at least not to the last 2 I sent.

It also makes me really mad to read that sarah99 (nothing personal )ordered her set on 12-17 and she received it already, I understand she is in Europe but ours didn't even ship yet. I guess it makes a difference what CD-WOW page you order from.

Dirk
Old 01-17-06, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

And the story continues:

Originally Posted by From CDWow
Unfortunately our suppliers could not provide us with full stock of this title which we had indeed ordered and anticipated so we have therefore had to try and source extra stock elsewhere and I'm afraid that we are currently awaiting confirmation of when this item will be available for dispatch again.

I am very sorry that the some other customers who had ordered at a later date have had their copies dispatched. This is incredibly unusual as all orders are dealt with chronologically so I am unsure as to why this has happened.

Please rest assured that this is an extremely rare occurrence and that we do also find this equally frustrating since we pride ourselves on our fast and efficient dispatch system.
They also sent me a voucher code (haven't checked for how much) after I asked for one.

This is going to be very disappointing if I wind up not getting a copy after them having my money for over a month AND people getting their copies after only ordering a week or so ago.
Old 01-18-06, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by flashburn
This is going to be very disappointing if I wind up not getting a copy after them having my money for over a month AND people getting their copies after only ordering a week or so ago.
That is sooooo true!

Dirk
Old 01-18-06, 03:59 PM

I have been waiting since Dec 11th. I know that is not as long as some of you but I agree that there should be some sort of indicator as to if the item is in stock. I also think that orders should be dispatched on a first-in, first-out service. If it turns out that they cancel my order, I will definitely think twice about ordering from them again.
Old 01-19-06, 09:40 AM

Howdy,
I canceled my order last night and I got a refund cinfirmation within minutes. I ordered it from xploitedcinema last night and they already shipped it out today. Yes, I paid $34.95 for the DVD and $5 in shipping but I was tired of waiting.

I hope you guys get it soon! I just didn't want to wait anymore.

Regards,
Dirk
Old 01-20-06, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I received mine today.
Old 01-21-06, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by movielib
I received mine today.
I received mine from xploitedcinema.com!!

Dirk
Old 01-23-06, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm not trying to rub it in to those who haven't received, but this is definitely worth the wait. Got through about an hour or so of the documentary and it is spectacular.
Old 01-23-06, 04:12 PM

Woo hoo. Mine is finally despatched from cd-wow. I will be checking the post every day.
Old 01-23-06, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ninfreak
Woo hoo. Mine is finally despatched from cd-wow. I will be checking the post every day.
Woot! Mine also finally shipped.
Old 01-23-06, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm finally free of this as well (my copy is on the way). Next up, an order for a couple of IVL Shaws which has been open for nearly two weeks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.