Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Ghost in the Shell: SAC set from UK - what version?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-05, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen that there's a complete box set for SAC from Amazon UK for about 30 pounds. Can anyone verify if this is the SE versions of the discs or just the standard? Any information is appreciated.

BTW - in comparison, is the US box set the SE edition?

thanks.
Old 11-16-05, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tuan Jim
I've seen that there's a complete box set for SAC from Amazon UK for about 30 pounds. Can anyone verify if this is the SE versions of the discs or just the standard? Any information is appreciated.
If you do a Google search for the item number Amazon UK has listed for the "box set" (MANG2079), it looks like they've just mislabeled the first SAC Official Log set (a book plus an extras DVD) as the series box set.
Old 11-17-05, 02:44 AM

nope. its the complete series for £30 :

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page...=57&g=72&pa=sr

amazon got the listing for it muddled. always better info at play.com for UK releases.

and the answer to the original Q is that this 7-disc set collects the standard editions together. theres also a tin here in the UK with the DTS 2-disc sets collected together (so you get all 14 discs then), but the price is more expensive that the Amazon.com listing for the USA version of the same thing.

amazon.co.uk :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...190883-6120760

originally they accidentall put the LOG picture in this listing, so some of the cat nos might be wrong. but yes, the UK got a complete series set for £30.
Old 11-17-05, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Originally Posted by logboy
nope. its the complete series for £30 :

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page...=57&g=72&pa=sr

amazon got the listing for it muddled. always better info at play.com for UK releases.

and the answer to the original Q is that this 7-disc set collects the standard editions together. theres also a tin here in the UK with the DTS 2-disc sets collected together (so you get all 14 discs then), but the price is more expensive that the Amazon.com listing for the USA version of the same thing.

amazon.co.uk :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...190883-6120760

originally they accidentall put the LOG picture in this listing, so some of the cat nos might be wrong. but yes, the UK got a complete series set for £30.
Ok, so you're saying that the US Amazon box set listing for approx $150 is comprised of the SE versions of the discs? And do the extras make it worthwhile comparatively speaking?
Old 11-18-05, 02:00 AM

i think thats the case - the 2-disc editions of each volume gave everyone access to DTS, but i actually bought the lesser volumes as they were issued on R1 because i wasnt bothered about DTS and the price (i think) would have taken it over the £18 threshold for customs duty in the UK (or at least, uncomfortably close). might want to register and ask in a more anime-oriented / specialty forum - animeondvd.com has the most knowledgable in my opinion - i only buy little anime in comparison and am not too overly bothered about the specifics, but i get a sense that if you want the DTS then you want the R1 tin from amazon.com, if you want to watch the episodes with non-DTS then the UK 7-disc set will do.