Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Jackie Chan in "The Myth"

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Jackie Chan in "The Myth"

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-05, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they probably were true. just that they used the magic of editting.
actually, i think Stanley Tong did mention that Mallika wore some kinda skin-toned clothing shooting that scene in the conveyor belt.
Old 12-21-05, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by tinlunlau
Jackie Chan...actually sign and autograph my copy...

How did you get to be so lucky?
Old 12-22-05, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by toys
How did you get to be so lucky?
i contributed to the making of this DVD. yeah...my editor got her 3 disc set in the mail in Hawaii. then we found out that it was actually mine.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48...rsEditionS.jpg

i'm still waiting for it in the mail. going to find out if the one i'm receiving belongs to my editor's. either that, or Jackie must have written my name on both copies. lol! argh....waiting too long for this!!!
Old 12-25-05, 02:31 AM

finally checked out the dvd! for some reason, i'm having trouble with the 2nd disc. it freezes on my dvd player. plays fine on my computer but it makes a really loud noise when the dvd-rom is spinning. i'll try to make a back-up copy to see if the problem still arises. i'll experiment first by burning it with a DVD+rw disc.

the "making of" featurette ends in the middle of Tony Leung's statement and lasts only 15 minutes. there were a few odd pauses while the documentaries are playing when i play this on my computer. that doesn't happen when i pop in the 3rd disc to my dvd player, though.
Old 01-07-06, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Can somebody help me out identifying the version of "The Myth" that Future Shop is selling?

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...66&catid=14769

They list the distributor as being "MX Movies" which I have never heard before and it looks different from the releases indicated in this thread.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-08-06, 02:55 AM

this looks like the Joy Sales edition from Hong Kong.
and Future Shop's price is way overpriced for imported dvd's. get it from yesasia.com or you might as well go to Pacific Mall and head to Music Headquarters for a legit copy. but personally, i recommend CD-Dog in Pacific Mall. CD-Dog always sells legit dvd's for a fair price and tax is usually included on new and recent dvd's.
Old 01-08-06, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by tinlunlau
this looks like the Joy Sales edition from Hong Kong.
and Future Shop's price is way overpriced for imported dvd's. get it from yesasia.com or you might as well go to Pacific Mall and head to Music Headquarters for a legit copy. but personally, i recommend CD-Dog in Pacific Mall. CD-Dog always sells legit dvd's for a fair price and tax is usually included on new and recent dvd's.
Thank you.