Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Blake's 7

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-05, 09:26 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Blake's 7

Just got my region-free player, and I'm looking for the best deal on Blake's 7. Would Australia be cheaper? Dollar/pounds is terrible right now.

No chance for an R1 version any time soon?

Last edited by Eric F; 01-18-05 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-19-05, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's two price comparison sites for you to check:

http://www.happyhunter.com
http://www.dvdbargain.net

Right now it seems that the best deals are from the UK. Also, exchange rates have been improving a bit in the past few weeks. They're still nothing like they were a year ago, but oh well...
Old 01-19-05, 01:07 PM

Blake's 7, Series 1 is available for $119.95 Australian bucks at EZYDvd. That's $90.95 US. A bit cheaper when their tax is taken out. It's quite a bit cheaper at Amazon UK, especially without the VAT tax. Also, Series 2 has just been released; mine's on the way.

Last edited by BigT; 01-19-05 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-22-05, 12:40 PM

Hi all--

*Blake's 7* is an AWESOME program. I have Series 1, and hope to purchase Series 2 as soon as possible!

--Brit TV fan Midwest

PS-- Does anyone know of plans for Series 3 being released, and even Series 4 (as depressing as THAT gets)?
Old 01-22-05, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
I received my BLAKE's 7 series 2 yesterday.
$74 and change, shipped. It is selling at SENDIT.com for 34.99 pounds.
Old 01-23-05, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked up blake's 7 Used from amazon.co.uk (international shipper!) for 12 pounds, ended up being about $25.00 with shipping after the exchange rate.
Old 01-29-05, 07:14 PM

Hi--

Lastdayofrain-- how was the service ordering *used* from Amazon.uk?-- I've thought about trying it for a couple of things, but I was a little worried about getting the DVDs shipped overseas. I order NEW stuff from them all the time and have had no problems, and I've ordered a few things *used* from Amazon US without problems, but with a WIDE variety of delivery times (I think the longest I waited for something I ordered from Amazon's "used" sales dept was three weeks).

So what was your experience like?

--Brit TV fan
Old 01-31-05, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You have to make sure the UK Amazon used seller will ship international (it will say it on their little profile thing)

I've ordered a bunch of stuff used and it's gotten to me in some cases faster than stuff I order new from Amazon Uk. I'm on the east coast so maybe that is a factor.

One thing to consider though is that "NEW" product on Amazon UK will have the VAT (taxes) removed so often the price is a pound or two less than it's listed. Whereas the Used stuff is the price it says, so sometimes if you are buying a bunch of stuff it's cheaper to buy it new (because every item used gets about 2 pounds added for shipping)
Old 01-31-05, 11:17 AM
Suspended

Something to be sure of when you pick up season 1 of Blake's - there was a mastering error on the first run of discs. On a great many players, the discs will either freeze and hang at the layer change. Of course the brilliant marketing heads at the BBC wanted the change to happen smack in the middle of an episode, so it'll skip 45 seconds at the layer change.

The second printing has this error corrected, so just make sure you get from the second run of the discs.