Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Oldboy UE

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-04, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by candyrocket786
Does anyone know how limited this set is going to be?
I wouldn't be surprised if they only produced enough to cover the pre-orders, especially if that case is really "hand made". This is pure speculation on my part...
Old 08-21-04, 03:34 PM

Old 08-22-04, 05:15 AM

Originally posted by northshore
here's the pic of case.

http://dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_detai...3&location=Hot / New

probably... there will be no English sub on any of the extras..
Anyone ever bought something here (dvdfromkorea.com)?

Can I trust them? Never heard of this site.

Thanks for the info.
Old 08-22-04, 11:18 AM

They are like every other DVD shop from Korea, prices are ok, but shipping is very high.
Old 08-22-04, 11:37 AM

well go to somewhere where its free shipping! like Yesasia.
Old 08-22-04, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It is up at DVDAsian.com

http://www.dvdasian.com/cgi-bin/dvda...ETD&mv_pc=2916
Old 08-22-04, 02:11 PM

is it going to be the directors cut like rumoured?

if so, i can go back to being supremely depressed - there is no way i can justify dropping that kind of money on this.
Old 08-23-04, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

http://www.koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=19912

Cheapest i've seen.... shipping might kill the deal, however.
Old 08-23-04, 07:52 AM

I'm placing my order today from Korean DVD's. Thanks for the link.
Old 08-23-04, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You may want to hold off, because:

http://us.yesasia.com/assocred.asp?C...uture_release/

Just checked yesasia.com and they have updated their listing with a price. They are now accepting pre-orders.... and taking into account the free shipping, may have the best deal.

Also, by using XPYES2004 as a coupon, you will receive $10 off their price. (The coupon is good for $10 off a $60 purchase) Thus, you can pre-order it for $84.95 shipped. Not bad, eh?

The Koreandvds price seems fair, until you realize the shipping comes to an outrageous $23!
Old 08-23-04, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Selling points: Cool case, new transfer, 3 of Park's short films (I'd really like to know if these will be subtitled), OST.

But, ouch, that price hurts. It looks like these might be made-to-order - DVDAsian mentions a pre-order cutoff date of Sept 15. They might just see how many orders they get and have that many copper cases made.

If it weren't Oldboy this would be an easy one to pass up - argh, the agony!

Does anyone know if KoreanDVDs charges credit cards when orders are placed or when they are shipped?
Old 08-23-04, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got my order in, unfortunately, that means no food for 3 weeks!
Old 08-23-04, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This just in... fans in Korea are complaining bitterly about pricing on the UE, so Starmax announced they will release in November... wait for it.... Oldboy Final Edition!

So we will have Oldboy SE, Oldboy UE, and Oldboy FE. Starmax is going to be as hated as Anchor Bay by the time this is through!
Old 08-23-04, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ehonauer
This just in... fans in Korea are complaining bitterly about pricing on the UE, so Starmax announced they will release in November... wait for it.... Oldboy Final Edition!

So we will have Oldboy SE, Oldboy UE, and Oldboy FE. Starmax is going to be as hated as Anchor Bay by the time this is through!
Nevermind, found it! I'll have to reconsider the UE then...

Last edited by DrGerbil; 08-23-04 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-23-04, 11:50 AM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the link to KoreanDVDs DrGerbil.

I just placed my order with them as item + shipping to my country is cheaper than YesAsia and you get Simon and Garfunkel's DVD for free

Does anyone know if KoreanDVDs charges credit cards when orders are placed or when they are shipped?
When ordering as it uses a payment gateway.

Ouch!!! Any info on this one?
Old 08-23-04, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts

wtf??? Are you serious! Where did you get your info?
Old 08-23-04, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The koreanfilm.org board. Sounds like the Oldboy Final Edition is going to be a two-disc version of the UE, which begs the question, why have the SE in the first place?

Last edited by ehonauer; 08-23-04 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-23-04, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
But that copper case is so cool.....
Old 08-23-04, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 755 Likes on 492 Posts
I would definitely buy the UE if I knew that some of the extras were going to have subtitles.
Old 08-23-04, 09:55 PM

The koreanfilm.org board. Sounds like the Oldboy Final Edition is going to be a two-disc version of the UE, which begs the question, why have the SE in the first place?

Alright, I'm confused. Will the Ultimate Edition or the Final Edition have a different cut of the movie? That's what I'm most interested in. Also, since the UE is 3 discs + OST, how is the FE going to be a 2 disc version of the UE. Is it just missing the OST with all the supplements compressed onto 1 disc instead of 2? All these different versions are really frustrating. I have the first version and love the movie, but I'm only really interested in another version if it has the rumored director's cut.
Old 08-23-04, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by notvandnobeer
Alright, I'm confused. Will the Ultimate Edition or the Final Edition have a different cut of the movie? That's what I'm most interested in. Also, since the UE is 3 discs + OST, how is the FE going to be a 2 disc version of the UE. Is it just missing the OST with all the supplements compressed onto 1 disc instead of 2? All these different versions are really frustrating. I have the first version and love the movie, but I'm only really interested in another version if it has the rumored director's cut.
I don't know where this "Director's Cut" rumor came from. What would lead you to believe that the movie isn't exactly what Park wanted? The inclusion of cut footage isn't attractive to me, so long as I can see it somewhere else. Regardless, I want the UE, since I can't predict what will be released in the future...

I'd rather have it and not need it, than want it and not have it (and have to pay outrageous amounts on the bay).
Old 08-23-04, 10:25 PM

Originally posted by DrGerbil
I don't know where this "Director's Cut" rumor came from. What would lead you to believe that the movie isn't exactly what Park wanted?

The Director's Cut rumor has been surfacing ever since the announcement.

I know for a fact, at least accorind to DVDAsian.com's description, that the Ultimate edition will include 3 different cuts of the film.
Old 08-23-04, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Stunna-88
I know for a fact, at least accorind to DVDAsian.com's description, that the Ultimate edition will include 3 different cuts of the film.
3 film cuts... strips of film, much like the strip that was included in the Tale of Two Sisters LE box set.
Old 08-23-04, 10:51 PM

I remember when the original 2 disc SE came out that there was a rumor of a limited edition release in the fall that was going to have a longer cut of the movie. Now we're getting the limited edition release in the Ultimate Edition, but there's also a Final Edition coming as well. I think this movie is pretty much perfect as it is, but I would be interested in seeing a longer cut if it was released. I'm such a fan, that I may end up buying this anyways (and cursing myself for spending so much on one movie), but if the Final Edition has a different cut of the movie and the UE doesn't, then I'd rather wait for the FE.
Old 08-23-04, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This really doesn't make any sense. Why would Starmax immediately announce another version? That is a crucial error and may cost them thousands of dollars in sales (surely, some people that were going to buy the LE may now decide to wait). Also, we the fans are put in a bind... be patient and lose out on the LE or jump on the LE (at a substantial cost) just to see another version (possibly extended) released in the future. I call bullshit!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.