Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

6ixtynin9 (Ruang talok 69) availability?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-04, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all, this is my first post in the International Forum, so if I'm breaking any rules etc, just let me know

My question is does anyone know anything about the release of 6ixtynin9 in Japan? I can't read Japanese, and this amazon.co.jp page is the only place I can seem to find a DVD of it for sale (I know the VCD is available lots of places). I guess I'm wondering if someone can tell me if the Japanese version has English subs, and also if anyone knows of any other releases of this. The film has been out for a few years, and got a few awards, and the director's "Last Life in the Universe" is avail on DVD, but not 6ixtynin9. Anyway, thanks for any answers.
Old 04-26-04, 01:53 PM

discstation.co.jp lists only japanese subtitles

Any chance you can share a link to the vcd?I been meaning to catch this one since I saw last life and havent had much luck finding it.
Old 04-26-04, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There are a few places to get it, but bear in mind it's on eBay for Buy-It-Now at something like $3.99 all the time (+$5 shipping isn't too bad). The only site I can find right now is:
Soho Jazz (Haven't used them before)

I swear when I was looking about a month ago I found several English language sites carrying it. Oh well, I'll probably pick up the VCD from eBay just because I liked the movie alot. Good luck getting your copy slax.
Old 04-26-04, 02:48 PM
Cool New Member

I just ordered a copy of the VCD from Layoyo a few weeks back, so they probably still have it in stock.
Old 04-27-04, 01:44 PM

Thanks drjay I snagged a copy off ebay.

I would have gone for layoyo for a dollar cheaper but last time I used airmail from them it took about a month to get my order.

Anyone seen the directors other flick Manrok Transistor?
Old 04-28-04, 06:08 AM

Anyone seen the directors other flick Manrok Transistor?

Yup. It starts off as a cutesy (and very funny) musical but then the plot unexpectedly veers off into Trainspotting territory. It's hard going at times, especially since the mood of the first half of the film leaves you almost totally unprepared for what happens near the end, but I liked it. It's available on a Thai DVD with English subs, and the version on the DVD may be longer than the one shown theatrically outside Thailand.

Pen-Ek Ratanaruang's latest film, The Last Life in the Universe, is also available on DVD in Thailand, with English subs. I unfortunately missed that film when it was shown in theaters here, but the reviews were very positive. Haven't bought the DVD yet.
Old 04-28-04, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's actually Mon-rak Transistor. I caught this one at a film festival and found it a bit disappointing after the wild energy of 6ixtynin9. Last Life in the Universe was a much better film. It's a funny,quirky romance in a mob/hitman story.
Old 12-15-04, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just though I would resurrect this thread since 6ixtynin9 is coming to R1 in January.