Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Region Free and lovin' every minute of it!!!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Region Free and lovin' every minute of it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-04, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edit
Old 03-23-04, 06:50 PM

Scott,

IMHO, the HEAT R2 is definitely worth the purchase. Is it worth the price, that is up to the individual. (I'm not sure if that makes sense) It is one of my favorite movies so I had to get it.

The audio brought a smile to my face from the opening theme music to the the armored truck heist to the intense shoot-out.

I just received a my order from Koreandvds today and I plan on watching the Spider-Man Superbit, Dances with Wolves DC DTS and Cliffhanger DTS in the next few days. My region-free player has definitely put a dent in my wallet...
Old 03-23-04, 07:26 PM

Originally posted by Fandango
Is Freaks available on DVD anywhere? I saw it for a film class and it was a very interesting film.
Region 4 PAL - try Empire DVD.
Old 03-23-04, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Fandango
Is Freaks available on DVD anywhere? I saw it for a film class and it was a very interesting film.
I think there is a post somewhere in DVDtalk about Freaks coming out in R1. Hopefully I didn't imagine that.
Old 03-23-04, 09:25 PM

I read Freaks is coming out in September. Sure hope so!
Old 03-24-04, 12:33 AM

Originally posted by Josh Z
Can the Philips 727 be set to output PAL without converting to NTSC?
Yes!!!
If you have a projector or a TV that accepts PAL signal, you will love Philips 727. The ability to output PAL signal is the only reason I chose to stay with Philips 727. I had a 3900 before, but sold it before the firmware upgrade was available, and bought 727. When I heard about the firmware upgrade, I brought 4900 home, tried it, but could not notice any difference in terms of video/audio quality. I decided to keep 727 because this feature gives me even better picture when watching PAL DVDs.