International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

The Egyptian

Old 02-24-04, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Egyptian

I've seen this DVD advertised on eBay, but I can't find any "official" information about it.

Is it a legitimate DVD?

The movie is available only on VHS in the US.
Old 02-27-04, 09:13 PM
Cool New Member

THE EGYPTIAN

I just won one of these on ebay myself and it arrived in three day. It seems to be an import from Thailand but plays fine on my DVD player which is about three years old. This one is really wide screen and the quality is good. I have been wanting to get this one in widescreen for years. The vhs copy is (ugh) Pan and Scan.
Old 02-27-04, 09:35 PM

Can you tell me a little more about the DVD?

Is there a name of the company that put out the DVD?

The ads on eBay say English and Chinese subtitles. Is that true on the DVD you bought?

Thanks.
Old 02-27-04, 09:51 PM
Cool New Member

THE EGYPTIAN

The Company Credits are just MDVD #28. But like the ebay ads show it is a legitimate copy. Fairly good box cover artwork. There are subtitles in English or Chinese but these can be turned off so it is just like watching a North American Release. This is my third dvd import and so far all have been fine. I tried "Fall of the Roman Empire" and also "Peyton Place" as imports. I just ordered "Quo Vadis" but I understand that this one is NOT widescreen which is a darn shame for such a picture.
Old 02-28-04, 05:11 PM

thanks for all the info.

looks like I'll be ordering my own copy.
Old 02-28-04, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: THE EGYPTIAN

Originally posted by Xlegion
I just ordered "Quo Vadis" but I understand that this one is NOT widescreen which is a darn shame for such a picture.
I'd be really upset if the DVD was widescreen since it wasn't filmed in widescreen.
Old 02-28-04, 10:04 PM
Cool New Member

Quo Vadis

Wow! thanks Marty888. I never realized that Quo Vadis was not filmed originally in widescreen. I should have guessed by the year 1951, but since "The Robe" was filmed in widescreen I always assumed that "Quo Vadis" was too. Now I won't be chasing that "phantom" dvd anymore.