Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

New Online Rental Service for Multi-Region Players

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

New Online Rental Service for Multi-Region Players

Old 01-01-04, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Online Rental Service for Mutli-Region Players

We're happy to introduce:

Nicheflix.com - a new online rental service specializing in DVDs from around the world.

This is a great option if you're hooked on Region 2 & 3 DVDs, have a multi-region player and don't want to shell out the money to buy all those import DVDs.

They're offering A Free 2 Week Trial for their service.

-G
Old 01-01-04, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's rather limited, isn't it? Where's Time Bandits?
Old 01-02-04, 12:35 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Am I correct to read that they ship and receive from Carmel, Indiania?
Old 01-02-04, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

yep
Old 01-02-04, 09:00 AM

scroll2b, we're continually adding titles and in fact have quite a large back log to get online.

Time Bandits, in particular, isn't available as we're waiting on the new R1 2 Disc SE that comes out this month. If the R2 UK disc is still better then we'll pick it up.

Mark Wilson
NicheFlix.com
Old 01-02-04, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Am I missing something, or do you have to actually sign up before you can find out what the membership fees are? Couldn't find anything in "help", etc.
Old 01-02-04, 09:21 AM

https://www.nicheflix.com/signup.aspx

Click on the 'two week free trial' banner and the pricing is listed at the top.
Old 01-02-04, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

mrwilson,

I sent you an email well before New Year. Did you ever get it?
Old 01-02-04, 12:29 PM

Yes, I responded. I think its a good idea. Feel free to PM me.
Old 01-02-04, 01:31 PM

I think the site is a great idea. All the same, I'm going to hold back from joining until there's a better selection of region 4 releases.
Old 01-02-04, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by mrwilson
Yes, I responded. I think its a good idea. Feel free to PM me.
email sent
Old 01-04-04, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I signed up, but half of the movies I put in my queue were already on a short wait. That's not too promising.

I'll probably keep it for the trial.
Old 01-05-04, 01:20 PM

How many titles do you have in your queue? If you had 50 and half said long wait then I'd be worried. But if you only have 4 and half are short wait that isn't nearly as bad. Also, in my experience so far, "short wait" has typically been just that as opposed to some other services that I could mention (i.e. arrives in a red envelope).
Old 01-05-04, 01:21 PM

btw, despite my newly registered account, I am a "long time listener, first time caller".
Old 01-05-04, 04:27 PM

I would venture and guess...new startup = growing pains, especially for a niche product/service like this. So I will read how things go before I place my feet in the water.
Old 01-05-04, 11:59 PM

I've been using the service for over a month now and I've been very satisfied. The shipping is reasonably quick, titles I've wanted have been in stock, and the selection is good (although I haven't even checked the site in a couple weeks- just been letting my queue work its magic).

The highlight for me is the Celestial Shaw Bros. discs. I'd love to buy 'em all, but with the overwhelming volume of them, that just ain't gonna happen. At least I can watch quite a few of them this way.
Old 01-06-04, 09:39 AM
Cool New Member

I just joined up last week and my first disc arrived yesterday. Everything seems great . . .

Especially for those who know how much it costs to get DVDs shipped from Germany . . .
Old 01-06-04, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For fans of great, hard-to-get films, and for those with all-region players, Nicheflix is the best thing that's come along in years. Period.
Old 01-07-04, 07:21 PM

It's also encouraging to see that they're listening to their customers both here and their own forum. That's the reason they're getting my support right now and I'd recommend them to others as soon as I have a first hand positive experience for a couple of months. I'm not going to wait and be a part of the chicken and egg problem
Old 02-21-04, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 253 Likes on 184 Posts
Just signed up for it so... hopefully I can give a report soon.
Old 02-21-04, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by skokefoe

The highlight for me is the Celestial Shaw Bros. discs. I'd love to buy 'em all, but with the overwhelming volume of them, that just ain't gonna happen. At least I can watch quite a few of them this way.

That's one of the main reasons I'm considering a sign-up...
Old 02-26-04, 10:30 AM

Well, I had said I would wait and see how things went for a few months before I would try it myself but I couldn't resist and signed up anyway. So far they are a bit slower than Netflix but that's expected due to them having only one central location. Otherwise, the feedback to their members and selection of foreign titles are outstanding. Thumbs up!
Old 04-26-04, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If I sign up for the 3 DVDs at a time free trial, and I ONLY want to try it out, will I be billed at all? I don't want to sign up, have the $24.99 be taken out of my account, and then have to go through the trouble of having it be credited back to me.

I just want to try out international DVDs on my DVD player, which I just found out plays some DVDs from other regions. IF they work, they I might continue with the service, if not then so much for that.

I just want to be able to try it at least for the two weeks, without anything being taken out of my account, I don't want to have to worry about it being credited back. So, do you make a charge at all untill the two weeks are up? Just let me know, and I'll give it a whirl. Thanks a lot!
Old 04-27-04, 08:53 AM

Originally posted by BrentLumkin
If I sign up for the 3 DVDs at a time free trial, and I ONLY want to try it out, will I be billed at all? I don't want to sign up, have the $24.99 be taken out of my account, and then have to go through the trouble of having it be credited back to me.
I just cancelled my trial on its last day recently, and my credit card was not charged.

I did like the service, but I'm afraid it's a bit too niched for me at the moment. I'll keep an eye on catalog additions and rejoin for a month here and there when something new catches my eye.
Old 04-27-04, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I am NOT pleased. I just signed up for the $24.99 "free" trial and $28.21 has been taken out of my PayPal account.

I called, left a message, and they did call me back in just a matter of minutes. What the amount is, is a pending charge that they take out against you during the free trial. My issue, is that had I known that they do that, I wouldn't have signed up in the first place. Even though the $28.21 isn't an actual charge, it DOES take the money out of the account so that you can not use it, so it's like it's a charge. I really need all of the money thats in my PP account right now, so I can't have an amount such as that being unavailable to me.

They should mention this when signing up, ugh.

So they voided out my account, and hopefully the money will show back in my account soon.

A huge thumbs up for the customer service from me though, it blew me away that it was such a quick retun in calling me back.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.