Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Off topic

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-03, 10:38 PM
Rest in Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why worry about OAR when your Malata like my mod JVC can do x, y, scaling to watch as anamorphic, each time we view the disc
in PAL 2 or 4.
Old 08-18-03, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by danol
Why worry about OAR when your Malata like my mod JVC can do x, y, scaling to watch as anamorphic, each time we view the disc
in PAL 2 or 4.
Please, danol... please... read this!

The Ultimate Guide To ANAMORPHIC WIDESCREEN, since you don't seem to know what anamorphic means.
Old 08-19-03, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DonnachaOne
Please, danol... please... read this (The Ultimate Guide To ANAMORPHIC WIDESCREEN) since you don't seem to know what anamorphic means.
You know, no matter how many times people try to point this out to danol, he just doesn't get it. Either that or does it on purpose to annoy people.

He posted in the Threadcrap Thread (bottom of page 3 and top of page 4) about how members here always get onto him because of his posts. However, with posts like his constant "I can X-Y scale to make non-anamorphic DVDs magically transform into anamorphic" ones, it's hard to sympathize with him. I like the guy and defended him (in the Threadcrap Thread), but jeez...
Old 08-19-03, 10:01 PM
Rest in Peace

Guys I have read tons of this

It always reads the same more blackness is Letterbox 2.35:1 or higher such as 2.55:1, a lot less and more picture is considered a anamorphic. How many time do I have to remind you. PLEASE DO NOT POST IN MY THREAD, IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT; THE TOPIC THREAD. Ignorence is Bliss I don't do autopsy's on movies I watch them. Please go and ruin someone elses posts, I recommend yours.
Old 08-19-03, 11:29 PM
Banned

Hey Danol?

Guess what?

THIS IS NOT YOUR THREAD!

It's MINE! Started by DIGITALFREAKNYC.

Now if you have a certain issue with anamorphic...then take it up in your own thread.

Otherwise, You're threadcrapping in MINE!

So get out unless you have something to say about my discs.

And fyi...i have a malata.
Old 08-20-03, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"...It always reads the same more blackness is Letterbox 2.35:1 or higher such as 2.55:1, a lot less and more picture is considered a anamorphic..."

...deep sigh...

. . . . . .
Old 08-20-03, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Hendrik
"...It always reads the same more blackness is Letterbox 2.35:1 or higher such as 2.55:1, a lot less and more picture is considered a anamorphic..."

...deep sigh...

. . . . . .
Ditto. I give up.
Old 08-20-03, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 08-20-03, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Danol, we wouldn't respond to your posts in this thread if you didn't constantly post false information that we need to correct for the benefit of others who may be reading.

Anamorphic enhancement is not the same thing as the size of your black bars. Nor does it have to do with filling your TV screen.

You can either read the link that has repeatedly been pointed out to you, or you can cease making statements that your DVD player magically turns non-anamorphic discs into anamorphic ones. If you stopped saying that, nobody would need to correct you.

Ignorance is not bliss. Ignorance is just ignorance, and it's sad.
Old 08-20-03, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Josh Z (emphasis added)

Danol, we wouldn't respond to your posts in this thread if you didn't constantly post false information that we need to correct for the benefit of others who may be reading.

Anamorphic enhancement is not the same thing as the size of your black bars. Nor does it have to do with filling your TV screen.

You can either read the link that has repeatedly been pointed out to you, or you can cease making statements that your DVD player magically turns non-anamorphic discs into anamorphic ones. If you stopped saying that, nobody would need to correct you.

Ignorance is not bliss. Ignorance is just ignorance, and it's sad.
Thank you. Very well said.
Old 08-21-03, 08:17 PM
Rest in Peace

DonachaOne

YGM don't be so high and mighty e-mail me and get it off your chest.
Old 08-21-03, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
danol

Received no e-mail; my account's been overflowing lately with (I'm guessing a virus) junk attachment e-mails.

If you sent me a hate letter, don't bother resending. I have nothing against you - how can anyone be angry with you, you're too much fun.

But posts like the one you made in this thread say that you have no concept of what anamorphic widescreen means, and that was all I was pointing out.

Lighten up, John.
Old 08-21-03, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,211 Likes on 1,510 Posts
danol, no one is picking on you here. Anamorphic is kind of tricky to understand. I didn't get it 100% at first, but some time ago I ended up reading the very page that DonnachaOne linked here, and it explains things beautifully. Give it a read, its very interesting and informative.
Old 08-22-03, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

2.35:1 with 5.1. I have a JVC XVS500BK I.C.O.S. Mod that can x, y, scale it up to a anamorphic each time it's viewed or any other PAL DVD.

Any comments?
I said I had given up. Guess not. From a section of the digitalbits article that Donnachaone constantly refers you to. Please, please, please at least read this, if not the whole article, danol.

Non-anamorphic video as it appears on a Digital 16x9 TV. The gray bars are generated by the TV to fill in the unused portions of the screen. Using the TV's "zoom" mode [or "x-y scaling" of a DVD player such as your JVC, danol], you can magnify the image to fill the screen electronically, but at the cost of degrading the image quality significantly. [This does NOT "scale it up to anamorphic." There is no such thing as "scaling up" to make something anamorphic; i.e. it's either anamorphic or it's not.]

Anamorphic video as it appears on a Digital 16x9 TV. The "squished" image recorded on the disc is sent directly to the TV, which stretches the video signal horizontally until the correct aspect ratio is achieved. As you can see, the image fills the frame, while retaining its full vertical resolution. The picture quality is stunning.
Old 08-22-03, 04:00 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: DonachaOne

YGM don't be so high and mighty e-mail me and get it off your chest.
A message to danol and other members: please do not be tempted at (ab)use the fact that some people here leave contact details if your sole aim is to take a tired argument off-site.

In this case DonnachaOne has made a valid point without malice and provided the tools to research the matter in more depth if that is required. There is no basis for directing anger towards him on this thread and certainly not for threats of emails.

Benedict
Moderator, International DVD Talk