Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Non-Region 1 Disney DVD's with DTS sound question

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-03, 12:22 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Read over at DVDTimes that the Reg. 2 release of the "Lion King" will have a DTS audio track. It seems to be a trend that Disney DVD's with 5.1 soundmixes on them includes a DTS track as well. (alas not so with "Beauty and the Beast"). Is there any indication that the upcoming Region 2 editions of "Treasure Planet" might have a DTS track?
Old 06-04-03, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Though not official I would expect that Treasure Planet will feature a DTS soundtrack.
Other recent hits like Monster's Inc and Lilo & Stitch both got DTS on them and it would make sense Treasure Planet will too.

I have ordered the disc (which is out by July 07th) and when I have it I will post it here wether it has got DTS or not.
Old 06-05-03, 09:06 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by Quinty
Though not official I would expect that Treasure Planet will feature a DTS soundtrack.
Other recent hits like Monster's Inc and Lilo & Stitch both got DTS on them and it would make sense Treasure Planet will too.

I have ordered the disc (which is out by July 07th) and when I have it I will post it here wether it has got DTS or not.
great! definately let us know...
Old 06-06-03, 05:30 AM

The French and German "Treasure Planet" releases has DTS, but only in their native languages.

Normally the UK and Australia get the same Disney discs, and the Australian "Treasure Planet" is available now with NO DTS.

However the UK "Treasure Planet" disc is going to be different from the Australian release - featuring a English and Russian soundtrack, so it could feature a DTS English track (Signs, also from Buena Vista has an English DTS track with it's DD English and Russian tracks). No DTS is listed on the Press Release, but that's not unusual for a UK Disney release, even if DTS is included.

Please note: None of the publicity for the UK disc mentions the Visual Commentary - this could be an oversight or the commentary could be missing (Disney UK's pre-release publicity is poor so all is speculation):

http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000080044

More Disucssion on the UK/Austalian discs here

Last edited by 2099net; 06-06-03 at 05:36 AM.
Old 06-06-03, 05:55 AM

Bugs Life (DTS) Region 4

I know "Bugs Life" in region 4 (Australia) has DTS, what is a shame since the new region 1 (USA) re-release does not.
...BMatt