Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Captain Harlock: Outside Legend-Endless Odessy

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-03, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Japan there is a monumental DVD event taking place. Leji Matsumoto has created a new Captain Harlock adventure called "Captain Harlock: Outside Legend-Endless Odessy". This was supposed to be televised but instead one DVD is being released on the 21st of every month. They started on December 21st, 2002 and will continue through December 21st, 2003. The sight is really great.

There's no word when this might be coming to America yet.
Old 03-22-03, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, any idea on who is distributing this in Japan? That might give us some direction as to how it will come stateside.

The Matsumoto legacy is pretty spread out across US distributors - Animeigo, ADV, Voyager, Viz Video. Being that it's directed by Rin Taro (Metropolis, X - The Movie) and animated by Madhouse (Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, X - The Television Series, Trigun, Ninja Scroll), I'm sure some major company will have their hands on it soon enough, if not already.

Harlock, I can tell by your member name you probably want to see Arcadia of my Youth on R1 DVD as much as I do...

Jeremy

Last edited by jrutz; 03-22-03 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-22-03, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

VAP is handling the release in Japan. They are a pretty sizeable company from what I know of. They did a few Beatles laser disc releases in Japan back in the 80's. Most notably the 1966 Budokan show.

Animeigo was supposed to have released Arcadia of My Youth on DVD by now. I haven't heard anything else about it as of yet. But you're right Jeremy, Arcadia of My Youth can't get released fast enough for me.

Last edited by Captain Harlock; 03-22-03 at 02:02 PM.