Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Hero 120-min. version available

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Hero 120-min. version available

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-03, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So it looks like this extended version is just not going to happen?
Old 05-15-03, 08:33 AM

It'll happen eventually, just not right after the first release like people were hoping. I've been assuming we wouldn't see one until after Miramaxe's theatrical release in November in the U.S.
Old 06-06-03, 09:56 AM

Finally some word on the extended version. Saw today on www.monkeypeaches.com
According to Nanfang Daily, the long-awaited extended version will be released on DVD by the end of June in the mainland China. This is the version MiramAxe would not let anyone to see and so far few people know what has been deleted. A master video cassette containing the deleted 20 minute long footage has already been handed over to the official video distributors - Face Audio and Video Production Co. Ltd. and WeiKai Audio and Video Production Co. on March 1. This version was originally scheduled for a release in Arial, but SARS stopped it. According to the paper, over 500,000 copies of theatrical DVDs (DVD-5 and DVD-9) have been sold and more copies are being produced. 1 million copies of VCDs have almost sold out.
Let us hope!
Old 06-06-03, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Some version on Ebay now say 98 minutes + 23 minutes 'hero's defined'. Is that just something added to it or would that be the 120 minutes version?
Old 06-06-03, 11:32 AM

That's the theatrical version with a Making Of segment.
Old 08-12-03, 12:25 AM

It's mid-August now... any word on the extended version? I've looked around and see no sign of it...
Old 08-12-03, 10:36 AM

nope. nothing at all has been said recently as to when we can finally see the extended Hero. i've been going by Monkeypeaches daily to check. once i find something out, i'll make sure to share the hopefully good news.
Old 08-15-03, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, keep us posted about the extended version. Woof!! What a great movie Hero is.
Old 08-18-03, 02:16 PM

Thanks to another thread's suggestion, I bought Hero off ebay and couldn't be happier. It's an amazing movie. I need those 20 extra minutes
Old 08-18-03, 11:05 PM

Originally posted by cultshock
I just watched the first release DVD (what we are calling Edition 2 in this thread). I loved the film but am wondering what kind of extra footage will be involved in the extended cut. Scenes involving just dialogue, or more actual fight scenes? Any entire scenes or just extensions of current scenes? Is this info posted anywhere?
I read an interview with donnie yen and he said that in the 1st scene there is some added stuff such as before the magistrates and donnie fight they always bow. A little more fighting. But also there is supposed to be more dialouge. I dont remember where i found the interview.