Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Back To The Future region 2, 4.

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 09-24-02, 02:41 AM
JFM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked this one up in the UK last week.

Have not seen any other comments on it here, so thought I wold offer a few of my own.

All films have DTS tracks, but there is no actual commentary, rather a live inerview with Zemeckis and Gale masquerading as one, though in truth it is quite informative.

I personally can live without the commentary - I would only listen to it once, whereas the DTS tracks I will listen to every time I play the movies.

It also has a trivia track, with snazzy graphics whizzing across the screen to introduce them, like the car, or a spinning number plate or a skateboard.

All films have a 15 min making of ( obviously a 45 min doc on all three films split across the 3 discs), outtakes, deleted scenes, and 1 and 2 also have original featurettes.

There are other little bits and pieces, but in truth there is not an awful lot in the way of extras - but thankfully the movies themeslves more than make up for this.

Sound is excellent - not stunning by todays standards, a little subtle in places, but they have preserved and enhanced the original track rather than alter it in any way. It's loud and powerful when it needs to be, but otherwise understated.

Pic is pin sharp, save for a little grain occasionally. Considering the 80's style FX involved, I would have expected to see more matte lines and edge enhancement, but they have done a superb job of making everything look very natural.