International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Czech websites?

Old 04-23-02, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Czech websites?

I'm looking for a Czech DVD of a recent Czech movie called Rebels (a.k.a. Rebelove) -- described by Variety as "Closely Watched Trains meets Jacques Demy." Anyone know of any Czech sites or any where else I might find this?
Old 04-23-02, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...for instance...

http://www.dvdcz.com/indexvkpes.htm

...or for another instance...

http://www.dvdexpress.cz/express/new/home/body.php

...and good luck to ya!...

. . . . . .

Last edited by Hendrik; 04-23-02 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-23-02, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks, Hendrik -- as always, an eternally flowing source of information! Maybe when I've had a little sleep and feel fresher I'll actually attempt to navigate through one or both of these sites. Seem pretty confusing just at a glance...
Old 04-24-02, 04:37 AM

ou can also try

http://www.bontonland.cz

they have a english page as well so you can navigate around, they have your movie for 809 crowns, which is aprox 24.00U.S give or take a buck or two, is it a good film? Im heading there next week, would like to hear about some good czech films besides kolja
Old 04-24-02, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks, thephrophe - this site does indeed have Rebelove, although the 809 crown price seems a bit high from what I know of Czech and Eastern European DVD prices... plus, I can't for the life of me find any info about how much their international shipping is. I'll probably go ahead and order it at some point, but if I might be so bold as to inquire about the possibility of you picking up an extra copy of it while there, I'd gladly take it off your hands and make it "worth your while" (either w/cash remibursement or a juicy trade of some other DVD).
As for the movie itself, I haven't actually seen it. My interest is based on a semi-rave review I read in Variety that describes the film as a colorful Czech musical (!) set in the late 60s and with a dark, political edge that pops up from time to time. If you feel like taking a chance and grabbing one, go for it -- even if you hate it, you can always just unload it on me afterwards!