Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

HKL Dutch release of Harks "The Blade"

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

HKL Dutch release of Harks "The Blade"

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-02, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this the same one that's causing all of the grief?

http://www.dvdzone2.com/cgi-bin/en/O...ch&search=5531

I'm keen to get hold of this him, but NOT in pan & scan!
Any more developments?

Cyberdemon
Old 06-07-02, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Cyberdemon
Is this the same one that's causing all of the grief?

http://www.dvdzone2.com/cgi-bin/en/O...ch&search=5531

I'm keen to get hold of this him, but NOT in pan & scan!
Any more developments?

Cyberdemon
Even that site says it's anamorphic and whatnot. Plus - it looks a bit cheaper there. I wouldn't order from that wanker Proxis store again - they're idiots and their customer service is non-existant. So what's the story then?
Old 06-07-02, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just emailed dvdzone2 about the edition of Blade they're offering and Ronald wrote back insisting that their info was correct since it comes from the inlay card.
I'm not so sure he's really correct, but it's worth a shot. Anyone know what their policy is on returns?
Old 06-07-02, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by hardboiled
it looks the same but the back of the box doesn`t list any of the extras it just says.

Full screen 4:3
Dolby Surround
Dutch subtitles on/off
scene selection
photogallery
also available

Its plastic wrapped so i haven`t checked the disc itself. I`m wondering weather proxis will take it back if i open it. Maybe its just incorrect details on the back of the box.
This doesn't make any sense??? I kind find any other Dutch version, and DVDZone2 says the back of their box says the right stuff... Did hardboiled get a bootleg or something???

I say, someone take a chance with DVDZone2, and let us know.

I'm with Trigger: Proxis is SUCK!!!!
Old 06-07-02, 08:12 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Hell...so is the UK edition worth getting then?
Old 06-07-02, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Giles
Hell...so is the UK edition worth getting then?
Originally posted by jtkv
That's the MIA version.
It's listed at the lower half of the page. along wiht some specs.

Supposed to be horrible quality.... from what I have read.

J.T.

Originally posted by axolotls return

That's the MIA version (uncut). Always keep forgetting to get that. I'll let you know when I put in another order if ya want.
axolotls, placed your order yet??? If not, does anyone know of a site that has reviewed the MIA version?
Old 06-07-02, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

okay, I'll be the guineau pig.
I'll be placing an order w/dvdzone2 for The Blade this weekend, and hopefully will have it in my hands a week or so after that. Will report back then with the sad or happy news.
By the way, if dvdzone2's Blade turns out to be a bust too, would anybody be interested in taking it off my hands or otherwise helping to ease the pain?
Old 06-07-02, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Gypo66

By the way, if dvdzone2's Blade turns out to be a bust too, would anybody be interested in taking it off my hands or otherwise helping to ease the pain?
I hear crickets......
Old 06-07-02, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by roseart
I say, someone take a chance with DVDZone2, and let us know.

I'm with Trigger: Proxis is SUCK!!!!
Okay - I'll buy it right now. If it's wrong, I'll let you know immediately.

Damn - ass for shipping choices. It can get here in 2-3 days and cost 37 bucks shipped, or it can get to me in 16-33 days and cost me 23 bucks. Damn hell poop.

edit - decided to hold off for a few days until I sort out this VAT thing and I may decide to wait and see whether this edition is 'legit'.

Last edited by Trigger; 06-07-02 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-07-02, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

roseart: Not yet. I am trying to clear up when BR NTSC is really being released and waiting for DOA Tartan release.

If you can wait a couple of weeks, I can probably ship you the UK Blade for $25.

However, with the exception of the remastered subtitles, it is reported that it sports an average to poor picture quality. But it still sounds a tad better than a full-screen english dub monstrosity.

MIA is Cantonese Dolby 2.0, Non-Removable Subs 2.35:1

More info on the DFW Blade DVD

http://www.goforit.nl/pub/dvd/thebladeho/default.asp

Last edited by axolotls return; 06-07-02 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-07-02, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So, what the hell does hardboiled have???

axolotls: the new Tartan BR was released on 5/27/02. Bullets & Babes has a side by side comparison of all the current releases here. It's actually R0 NTSC, and seems to be the best English subtitled version out.

Last edited by roseart; 06-07-02 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-07-02, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really don't think it was released yet. I think BNB just got an advanced review copy.

Even if you look at http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...333099-2049435 , it shows they don't have it yet.

Tartan did this with Trauma, saying it would be released a few months back... then they pushed it back (quietly) to the end of July.

I just got a Tartan Release schedule and BR isn't even listed through July. Hmm.. more checking to be done. Doesn't matter I think I'll drop an order middle of next week so I can get DOA + HKL stuff on 6/25

Tartan May-June-July Releases: Business is Business,Freezer(!!),Red Squirrel,Soldier of Orange, Turkish Delight,A Ma Soeur,DOA(!!),Vacas,Bangkok Dangerous,Element of Crime,Europe,Trauma

Hardboiled: Can you scan the back of the box for everyone to see?

Last edited by axolotls return; 06-07-02 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-07-02, 12:25 PM

dull blade

this blade thing is starting to piss me off, im contemplating disputing this charge on my credit card, and then send it back, im not to happy about someone sending me something i didnt order directly, then bs'in me in emails.
Old 06-07-02, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: dull blade

Even if you look at http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...333099-2049435 , it shows they don't have it yet.
It was at 24 hours at one point. I almost got it.

Originally posted by MassaCure
this blade thing is starting to piss me off, im contemplating disputing this charge on my credit card

The CC thing is about to happen with me too, if they don't email me back about my return!!!
Old 06-07-02, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dispute the charge. This will definitely get their attention -and- they cannot ignore it.
Old 06-07-02, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dispute the charge. This will definitely get their attention -and- they cannot ignore it.
Just did, thanks I think more of us should do this, to send them a message. I don't think they realize how much International business they have lost, just from this thread.
Old 06-07-02, 02:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Trigger
Okay - I'll buy it right now. If it's wrong, I'll let you know immediately.

Damn - ass for shipping choices. It can get here in 2-3 days and cost 37 bucks shipped, or it can get to me in 16-33 days and cost me 23 bucks. Damn hell poop.

edit - decided to hold off for a few days until I sort out this VAT thing and I may decide to wait and see whether this edition is 'legit'.
I don't know if you figured it out yet, but the cheap option is 19.48 and the expensive was 49.89.
Old 06-07-02, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
I canceled my order at Proxis since it hadn't shipped yet.

When the dust settles and if a true HKL style non-disneyfied Blade DVD is released, I'll re-order.
Old 06-07-02, 02:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Given this total balls-up on "The Blade," where it seems no one quite knows what's going on, I decided to cancel my order from Proxis.nl.

To my delight, on their website, its now showing SHIPPED. I had received absolutely no notification about this, and the website doesn't tell you when it was supposed to have shipped!

What a mess.

Bleddyn
Old 06-07-02, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There is a Bullets & Babes thread monitering this thread, and someone stated that there is a chance there are 2 releases from DFWs. I guess when we here about the one from DVDZone2, the truth will be known...
Old 06-08-02, 05:17 AM

I think the DVDzone2 disc will be the same dutch pan and scan copy I have. I can`t imagine that they would release two copys of the same film for the dutch market.

If you look at the dutch HKL site The Blade isn`t listed on it anywhere. The link on this thread still takes you to old release spec on the HKL site. But all links from the dutch HKL site to this page are now removed. Infact all mention of The blade on the dutch HKL site is now gone.

I`m guessing that for some reason the HKL remasterring was canceled and dutch film works (who distribute HKL in Holland) just picked up a pan and scan copy of the film from somewhere else
Old 06-10-02, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really don't think it was released yet. I think BNB just got an advanced review copy.
FYI, the new BR release is back to 24 hour status..
Old 06-10-02, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well I got 2 email confirmations from DVDZone2 about the edition of Blade that they have - they said the features listed on their site are correct for the DVD. I asked them twice just to be annoying and they replied both times with the same answer. I ordered it and Predator SE from them... then I realized I should've ordered the Australian version of Predator instead of the Belgian version, but oh well.. too late now.
Old 06-10-02, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by roseart

FYI, the new BR release is back to 24 hour status..
Cool. I am still waiting to see if I can get one other than Amazon. I got burned before (slightly), so I need a warm body to tell me that they have it in their hand and they are putting it in a padded pouch addressed to me

Is there anyone else advertising this version? I bet there might be reluctance for other places to carry this or confusion.

O/T: roseart: I sent you an e-mail; but not sure if I sent it to your current one.

Last edited by axolotls return; 06-10-02 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-10-02, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

You know, I've been following this thread for a while now, praying that this stuff gets worked out, because I want this movie BADLY.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.