DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   International DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk-12/)
-   -   HKL Dutch release of Harks "The Blade" (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk/198521-hkl-dutch-release-harks-blade.html)

videodrome 04-09-02 05:05 AM

HKL Dutch release of Harks "The Blade"

I'm soooooooooooooooooo happy! anyone else order? just put in my order via proxis for $23.00 shipped (too much? don't care :)) remasterd subs,anamorphic.. not as jammed packed with extras as some HKL discs but it has to be better then the MIA colostomy bag masquerading as a dvd.

http://www.hongkonglegends.nl/pages/titels/theblade.html http://www.hongkonglegends.nl/Images...s/theblade.jpg

Trigger 04-09-02 06:36 AM

How on earth did you pay 23 bucks shipped at proxis? I just checked and 34 euros is close to 30 bucks. I mean - I'd pay that, but I'd much rather pay 23 bucks or less even if I can. Thank you so much for finding this... I'm really excited. This is one of my favorite movies. :)

carnifern 04-09-02 07:24 AM

Here's a link for a $5 coupon: http://www.happycoupons.com/?nr=291

That's how he did it. It comes to $23.96 after the coupon.

Ericf 04-09-02 02:18 PM

Originally posted by carnifern
Here's a link for a $5 coupon: http://www.happycoupons.com/?nr=291

That's how he did it. It comes to $23.96 after the coupon.

If I'm from Europe, then? What do I do to get a coupon?
Ericf

Trigger 04-09-02 02:28 PM

Sweet - thanks! :)

I can't wait...

Trigger 04-10-02 05:28 AM

My confirmation page said the same price stated above as did my cart before I ordered... but when my confirmation email came - It came out to under 20 bucks! YAY! I must urge you all to pick up this film if you have a region free player that will convert PAL to NTSC. This is a spectacular film. YMMV, but everyone I've shown it to has had their jaw hit the floor.

Enclosed you'll find a survey of your order :
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
: Order number 1XXXXX8/6####6 :
: Date Tuesday, 9 April 2002, 21:29
+----+------------+-------------------------------------------------+
:Qty : Price : Title & Author / Package
: 1 : 21.50 USD : Blade (Hkl) :

Shipping costs : 2.62 USD
Discount : 5 USD
Total : 19.12 USD

Trencher 04-10-02 07:53 AM

Yup great coupon. Thanks. Looks like they take off 18.5% VAT too.

roseart 04-10-02 08:09 AM

Originally posted by Trigger
I must urge you all to pick up this film if you have a region free player that will convert PAL to NTSC. This is a spectacular film. YMMV, but everyone I've shown it to has had their jaw hit the floor.
Just ordered it with Vidocq. Not a bad price at all with the coupon. Thanks carnifern :D

codefree 04-10-02 09:19 AM

Heck I had never even heard of this movie before but after seeing this thread I decided to check out the reviews at IMDb. Sounds pretty good so I placed an order as well. Thanks for the info about this release and the coupon! I love HKL discs!

Furious 04-10-02 09:49 AM

Just be aware....

One thing to note here is that the Dutch HKL releases are not necessarily up to the same standards of their British releases. It's unclear whether or not the same remastering work goes into the Dutch exclusive titles. At any rate its a great film, and this disc should be much better than the UK release that is currently available!

jtkv 04-10-02 11:01 AM

Is this DVD actually available yet??
Or are you guys just pre-ordering??

J.T.

roseart 04-10-02 01:11 PM

Originally posted by jtkv
Is this DVD actually available yet??
Or are you guys just pre-ordering??

pre-order for 4/16/02...

videodrome 04-10-02 02:13 PM

Originally posted by Trigger
My confirmation page said the same price stated above as did my cart before I ordered... but when my confirmation email came - It came out to under 20 bucks! YAY! I must urge you all to pick up this film if you have a region free player that will convert PAL to NTSC. This is a spectacular film. YMMV, but everyone I've shown it to has had their jaw hit the floor.

I got the same e-mail :). I'm off order to order Red Wolf...

Trigger 04-12-02 03:04 AM

I just wanted to remind people here about the International Forum's coupon and deals thread... that coupon was great and it would've been a good thing to post in that thread. I've linked to this thread with it, but if you guys make a coupon find or find a sale going on, please try to remember to post about it in the deals thread. :)

Here's a link to the thread

videodrome 04-12-02 01:50 PM

Originally posted by roseart

pre-order for 4/16/02...

Yep, due on the 16th but i just got my shipping notice today

Dear ********

On 11/04/02 the items included in the following list were shipped:

Item Code # Title / Package
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8715664006542 1 BLADE (HKL)

Yellow Hammer 04-12-02 02:41 PM

anyone have the specs?

Trigger 04-12-02 03:12 PM

I got the same shipping confirmation email today - but did you notice that the price changed again? crazy...

Anyway - YH, the specs as listed on the HKL website are as follows:
  • 16:9 Anamorphic widescreen version enhanced for widescreen TV's
  • Animated Biography Showcase
  • AC3 5.1 Digital Audio
  • Dual Language format (English Dubbed and Cantonese Language with re-mastered English subtitles)
  • Subtitling: Dutch & English
  • Photo Gallery
  • Chui Man Cheuck Interview
  • Wu Shu Showcase by Chui Man Cheuck
  • Hong Kong Theatrical Trailer
  • Restauration Featurette
  • Chui man Cheuck Trailers
  • Tsui Hark Trailers

Rocky_Raccoon 04-12-02 11:36 PM

What did the price change to? I haven't gotten my shipping notice yet.

Clint

enthused 04-16-02 09:19 PM

why is this being released in a dutch version first?

MassaCure 04-16-02 09:35 PM

dutch

first? i think it will be the only hkl version of the blade released, i know another company released it in the uk, so they probly have the rights, i really have no proof on my claims just a guess

ScreachingWeasel 04-16-02 09:43 PM

Re: dutch

Originally posted by MassaCure
first? i think it will be the only hkl version of the blade released, i know another company released it in the uk, so they probly have the rights, i really have no proof on my claims just a guess
Yuo are right. Unless they get the UK rights from MIA, but who knows when they will expire or if HKL would go after it.

codefree 04-16-02 09:47 PM

Originally posted by Rocky_Raccoon
I haven't gotten my shipping notice yet.
Me either. :( I very anxious to see this movie.

Edison 04-17-02 09:18 AM

I got my shipping notice that said it had shipped 4/12/02, but I have not received it yet.

roseart 04-17-02 10:29 AM

Originally posted by Edison
I got my shipping notice that said it had shipped 4/12/02, but I have not received it yet.
I have not received a shipping confirmation, but my order history says shipped....

saltysam 04-18-02 02:57 PM

hey guys,i do not want my first post here to worry you,but i ordered the blade hkl from proxis.it shipped on the 5th april and showed up on the 16th april.only problem was the dvd they had sent me was in fact beast cops!apparently both titles shared the same or similiar catalogue number.i have returned mine,hope you guys have more luck!