Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

HKL Dutch release of Harks "The Blade"

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

HKL Dutch release of Harks "The Blade"

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-02, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by saltysam
hey guys,i do not want my first post here to worry you,but i ordered the blade hkl from proxis.it shipped on the 5th april and showed up on the 16th april.only problem was the dvd they had sent me was in fact beast cops!apparently both titles shared the same or similiar catalogue number.i have returned mine,hope you guys have more luck!
I finally got my shipping confirmation. Hope it's the right disc... Has anyone else received theirs yet, and was it the right one???
Old 04-21-02, 06:40 AM
Cool New Member

hey guys,an update on this title-it is not now being released until june so any of you who have had shipping confirmation will most likely receive beast cops,like i did.
Old 04-21-02, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

hey guys,an update on this title-it is not now being released until june so any of you who have had shipping confirmation will most likely receive beast cops,like i did.
Where did you get this info?? Their site still says 4/16/2002?? Also, they don't even list Beast Cops on the site, and bensonsworld shows a 4/17 release...

Last edited by roseart; 04-21-02 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-21-02, 05:40 PM
Cool New Member

bensonsworld is a uk company so i doubt they will be selling the dutch dvd.go to the thread in bulletsnbabesdvds.com concerning dutch hkl releases for more info...
Old 04-21-02, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
bensonsworld is a uk company so i doubt they will be selling the dutch dvd.go to the thread in bulletsnbabesdvds.com concerning dutch hkl releases for more info...
Here's the link

That sucks if it's true. I hope they didn't ship the wrong DVD to me. I'll have to send them an email asking about it.
Old 04-28-02, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Has anyone received anything yet? Mine had said it shipped on the 12th but I still haven't received anything. I guess this is a good thing if BLADE wasn't released but bad seeing as they already charged my credit card.
Old 04-29-02, 03:04 PM
Cool New Member

when it does turn up,please post as to what disc you receive-i would be amazed if you get a hkl blade-i already returned my wrong disc for exchange/refund..
Old 04-29-02, 10:37 PM

My credit card hasn't been charged yet but Proxis said they haven't shipped out the disc yet. When I asked them whether the rumor of the delay is true they only said we're going to send it asap. That's not very comforting
Old 05-07-02, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU**!!! - Beast Cops arrived today.
Old 05-07-02, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We're in trouble here with proxis... They don't have Beast Cops listed on their site and Blade HKL has the exact same bar code as Beast Cops - their FAQ section says this:
If you have received another article than the one you had ordered, you can compare the code of the article that you have received with the code of the article which is mentioned on our site or on your bill. If both codes are identical, you have correctly received the article that you have ordered.

It is however possible that the information posted on our site isnot entirely correct. If both codes are different, you have probably received an incorrect order. We then ask you to re-order the item you want, and return the non-desired article as mentioned in the General Terms and Conditions.
That compounded with the fact that Proxis maintains a policy of making the buyer pay for additional shipping costs doesn't make this purchase such a bargain after all. So how much does it cost to send it back - anyone done so yet?

ALso - can I add that I got a shipping confirmation on the 12th of last month and I'm just getting the bastard today?
Old 05-07-02, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mine shipped on the 17th, and still nothing. I have emailed them 3 times, and can't get a response. What email are you using? I used ([email protected]), but they will not answer.

I don't mind getting Beast Cops, since I needed it anyways, but I also got Vidocq, thinking it was the 2 disc version (Same cover, same company). Come to find out it's a single disc with no English subs. Their descriptions on their site SUCK!!!
Old 05-07-02, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Trigger
ALso - can I add that I got a shipping confirmation on the 12th of last month and I'm just getting the bastard today?
Trigger, thats when mine shipped also, but I haven't received it yet. Although doesn't sound like it's going to be "The Blade" anyway.

UPDATE: got mine finally today 5/11/2002 a day short of a month. Needless to say I got Beast Cops also.

Last edited by Edison; 05-11-02 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-08-02, 02:54 AM

Mine hasn't even shipped yet. Every time I ask them what's going on with the shipping they always say it'll be soon
Old 05-08-02, 05:46 AM
Cool New Member

iskandam,you are lucky-they have realised their mistake and will probably send you the correct disc when it is released in june-the rest of us have/will get beast cops if they have had a shipping confirmation..
Old 05-12-02, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Alright, I received my package, and yes it is "Beast Cops". I planned on keeping it, since I need it anyways, but is it the same as the UK release?

On this site it says it has Dutch subs (which is the one I got):

http://www.hongkonglegends.nl/pages/...beastcops.html

And on the UK site it doesn't:

http://www.hongkonglegends.co.uk/index.html

Neither says original language. Is this a dub only release? What is the difference between the 2?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-14-02, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anybody know the answer to the above question? Are there really 2 HKL DVDs of Beast Cops??? Does either give you the option of original language with English subtitles?
Old 05-14-02, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Corndude:

I doubt if anyone here has any Dutch HKLs. But all I've seen is no English subs on their previous releases; just Dutch.

But then again UK HKLs have dutch subs.

If it doesn't say English (or whatever it is in Dutch) on the back cover then I would return it or find a friend from Holland.
Old 05-14-02, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DUTCH HKL BEAST COPS EXTRA'S

Digitally re-mastered &
restored DVD transfer
16:9 Anamorphic version
enhanced for widescreen TVs
Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
Biography Showcase
Original Theatrical Trailer
UK Promotional Trailer
Interview with Michelle Yeoh
Battling Babes Featurette
Fully Animated Menus
Dutch Subtitling on/off
Old 05-14-02, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

axolotls, Thanks. I realize that it only has Dutch Subs, but on proxis website, it says original language: English.

On UK's HKL site, it just says Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio, and lists no subs.

So, I am wondering, are both releases English dub only? Does anyone have Beast Cops HKL, that can confirm this?

The reason I ask, is because other titles like 2000 A.D. state:

"Dual language format (English Dubbed and Cantonese Language with re-mastered English subtitles)"

And Beast Cops doesn't. I just find it really odd that they wouldn't have the original language for this title, and if so, WHY?

By the way, I did return the Dutch version. Just want to know, before I buy the UK HKL one.

Thanks
Old 05-14-02, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by axolotls return
I doubt if anyone here has any Dutch HKLs.
Everyone soon will when The Blade is finally released.
Old 05-14-02, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The UK Version is Cantonese 5.1 with English Subs.

So, I would guess the Dutch is Cantonese 5.1 with Dutch Subs.

I notice the UK doesn't have dutch subtitles on it like other UK HKL's.

If HKL ever released an English only dub DVD then I think we would have heard a lot of shi* hitting the fan. This is a 12/2001 release.
Old 05-14-02, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by axolotls return
If HKL ever released an English only dub DVD then I think we would have heard a lot of shi* hitting the fan. This is a 12/2001 release.
Agreed, Thanks
Old 05-17-02, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's a contradiction for Chris (based on a response you got on BNB):

http://pub51.ezboard.com/fdragonsden....topic&index=3

hope it put's your mind at rest
Old 05-17-02, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What's weird, is out of 32 titles that they have, only 6 of them do not have English subtitles???:

- HKL FULL FEATURE PROMO DVD
- BEAST COPS
- POLICE ASSASINS
- MY STUNTS MY STORY
- GEN-X COPS
- GAME OF DEATH

By the way, what version is this that was released on 4/17/00?:

The Blade (Wide Screen) (Subtitled) (DVD)
Old 05-17-02, 04:10 PM

roseart,
That's the MIA version.
It's listed at the lower half of the page. along wiht some specs.

Supposed to be horrible quality.... from what I have read.

J.T.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.