Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

I'm a fan of Nicholas Tse. Any suggestions.....

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-01, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a fan of Nicholas Tse and I was wondering if I can get any suggestions on what movies and Cds are good from him?

I have Gen-X-Cops.

I would like reviews on Winner Takes All, Comic King, and Master Q 2001.

Thanks!
Old 11-23-01, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hi there, I'm a big Nicholas fan, also.

The absolute must-see Nic film is "Time and Tide". Fabulous movie and he looks great! He also gives a very touching performance in "Metade Fumaca", about a troubled youth searching for his father, who meets a man searching for a woman from his past. I also enjoyed seeing a young Nic in "Young and Dangerous: The Prequel" -- it was already apparent how talented he is.

I have his newest "My School Mate the Barbarian", but I haven't had the time to watch it yet.

I haven't seen the 3 you mentioned, though definitely plan to eventually! Let me know your opinions if you see them!
Old 11-23-01, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
My schoolmate the barbarian is great... pass on Master Q - I watched some of it last night and it's quite silly. I'll reserve a final judgement though until I watch the whole thing.
Old 11-23-01, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by rkndkn
Hi there, I'm a big Nicholas fan, also.

The absolute must-see Nic film is "Time and Tide".

I happened to watch this on Direct Tv and thought it was ok. The plot was a bit confusing.
Old 11-24-01, 03:25 PM

Nic Tse's the new prince of cool

Originally posted by Trigger
My schoolmate the barbarian is great...
I'm a big Nic Tse fan myself. I second that My Schoolmate Barbarian is one of the best Nic Tse films. However, Stephen Fung is more of the main character. Nonetheless, this is a must see if you're their fans. You should also check out stephen fung in Gen-Y Cops if you enjoyed Gen-X Cops.

I happened to watch this on Direct Tv and thought it was ok. The plot was a bit confusing.
I also thought Time and Tide was kind of confusing to watch.... I think it's because it's Tsui Hark. I noticed that many of his films are somewhat confusing. It was not bad though.
Old 11-24-01, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

oh... I don't think I can recommend Gen-Y Cops... it was right awful IMHO. Time and Tide is one of my favorites though. To each his own... at least we agree on My Schoolmate.
Old 11-24-01, 11:37 PM

Altought Nic Tse doesn't appear as an actor, Heroes in Love is an awesome directoral debut(Actually he an stephen fung codirects the second short film)! He also sings the titles main song.
Old 11-26-01, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks you guys!

I'm planning on picking up My Schoolmate, the Barbarian, A Man Called Hero, Comic King, and Winner Takes All.

I was looking for Metade Fumaca, but it doesn't seem like www.dddhouse.com carries it. Maybe I'll e-mail and ask them about it.

I'm also waiting for Trigger to tell me more about Master Q 2001.

Last edited by princessducky; 11-27-01 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-26-01, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by princessducky
Thanks you guys!

I'm planning on picking up My Schoolmate, the Barbarian, A Man Called Hero, Comic King, and Winner Takes All.

I was looking for Metade Fumaca, but it doesn't seem like www.dddhouse.com carries it. Maybe I'll e-mail and ask them about it.

I'm also waiting for Yellow Hammer to tell me more about Master Q 2001.
DDDHouse does carry Metade Fumaca (direct link).

And even though I couldn't bare to sit through Master Q, I wrote a review here. You might want to wait for YH's thoughts on it though... I think if you liked the Rocky and Bullwinkle movie, you'll probably dig this as well... and I won't think any less of you. The rest of your list looks good (except that I wasn't a big fan of Man Called Hero - it's still got some cool effects though - I bought it for a similar reason partially = Shu Qi)
Old 11-26-01, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Don't mind DDDHouse's misspelling, "Fumacam"!
Old 11-27-01, 12:58 AM

He's got the lead role in Young and Dangerous: The Prequel also. Decent flick.
Old 11-27-01, 01:00 AM

Damn, already posted. Sorry all.