Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount DVD need help

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-01, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all, this is my first post. Been ordering online for a long time, but decided in a moment of greed to use Deep Discount DVD.

Has anyone had problems with them shipping internationally. Moreover, has anyone else been unsatisfied with their customer service?

If anyone has a contact name for a manger at DDD, or knows how I can reach the customer relations or complaints department at DDD; I'd like to have that information. Sending a mail to [email protected] is useless.

I'd be happy to relay my case which has been dragging on now since i places my order on Sept 11th. The issue isnt about the time its taken for my package to arrive, its an issue of customer service and getting my questions answered from the service department since DDD is unwilling or unable to supply me with DHL tracking numbers.

Anyway, what a bunch of boneheads these guys are.

Jim Calderone
Pissed off in Norway
Old 10-09-01, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Phone number:

DeepDiscountDVD
800-264-5076

This and other phone numbers can be found in the "Customer Service Phone # Thread" that is sticky at the top of the Store Forum.
Old 10-09-01, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks

I should have mentioned that im not in North America so the 800 number is a toll call for me. I did attempt to call, but was put in a queue, and didnt want to spend more than the cost of the disk getting statisfaction.

They can call me on their dime or use email.

But thanks anyway

Jim
Old 10-09-01, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Thanks

Originally posted by FaustBos
I should have mentioned that im not in North America so the 800 number is a toll call for me. I did attempt to call, but was put in a queue, and didnt want to spend more than the cost of the disk getting statisfaction.

But thanks anyway

Jim
Where ever you are in the world, if you can get hold of an AT&T operator they should be able to put you through to the 800# toll free (Assuming the call to the AT&T operator was free.)

This doesn't work in all countries, or with all 800#'s, but most people don't even know it's possible so I thought I'd share.
Old 10-09-01, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hummm

Well I can give that a try, thanks for the info. Wonders of wonders I finally got the name of a supervisor, but of course no email address for him :-) In a nice kurt reply to i think my 9th message. (Still ignoring my restated question).

Jim
Old 10-09-01, 08:13 PM
Cool New Member

haven't used them internationally, natch.

but I, like you, went to them in my moment of greed -- ordered the first 4 box volumes of The Prisoner since they were selling them at half-msrp, and everyone else (a&e included) were selling them at full retail.

was dreading the decision a little, but they came through with flying colors. quick shipping and all, not bad for free. (I will take usps over ups any day)

this would have been spring of this year, haven't used them since as I've only been buying asian movies, so I can't comment if there is any decline in their service since then...

oh cack, just looked at their site...now that prisoner box 5 is out, you can buy all 5 in a set for an additional savings of $15. jeebus!!!
Old 10-09-01, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Thanks

But thanks anyway

Jim
I noticed you were in Norway. I didn't know whether you'd have to pay for the call or not.
Old 10-10-01, 04:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well being the greedy thing that I am :-)

Normally I would continue to get the series from DDD, because i'm actually rather patient and I agree. When I lived in the US, I was perfectly fine with USPS, though would take prefered shipping if the cost was right.

No, it's not the wait that has me pissed off, its the indifference of the Customer Service staff that has me in a tissy. You just wouldnt' believe the emails I have if you saw them. Just a total disregard for my questions.

I finally got escalated to a supervisor last night after clearly stating two things.

I said.

1) What is the zip code of the pick up location/warehouse (DHL needs this to track the package)
2) I wanted the name of a supervisor or customer relations manager.

I got a one line email back with the First name and last intial of the Supervisor. No phone, no direct email. no service in my opinion. The first question, as has been ignored for over a week now, was again ignored.

Jim
Old 10-10-01, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Good luck to you...it seems like the international folk really get it stuck to them..
Old 10-11-01, 11:59 AM

I'm not international either, but have been using DDD since June. They are easily the cheapest online DVD company that I've found. If anyone out there knows of a cheaper, I'd be happy to switch.

Also, I've never had a problem with their service. They use the cheapest, slowest Media Mail, but the delivery is free. The one thing I miss about Priority Mail is that you would usually get the DVD a couple days before its release. With Media Mail, you get it the day it is released or soon after.
Old 10-11-01, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Well being the greedy thing that I am :-)

No, it's not the wait that has me pissed off, its the indifference of the Customer Service staff that has me in a tissy. You just wouldnt' believe the emails I have if you saw them. Just a total disregard for my questions.
I've had similar situations emailing pretty much any company. Email CSRs are far inferior (only answering half of your questions, standard messages that don't really answer anything, etc...) and I never do it unless I don't have another option.

Calling DDD has always been a good experience for me. I know this isn't as easy for you being outside the U.S......

DDD is still rather new and their website leaves a little to be desired, but the only online stores I really shop at anymore are Amazon (when there is a coupon) and DDD. I read somewhere here that soon you will be able to check order info online, something you cannot do now.
Old 10-13-01, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Didnt notice these new messages

Hey new repliers, for somereason I didnt get notified of your replies. Sorry for reading them late.

I agree that inquiries through email are often not adaquate for most companies. I actually asked in one of my replies if I was speaking to a real person or not. I couldn't believe the absolute disregard for what I asked and figured it was a rather clever automated reply system designed to appear as a real person.

But it was a real person.

I do have some good news to report, but I'll put it in the next note.

Jim
Old 10-13-01, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

happy knews

I wanted to give a recap on what happened with DDD. I've always believed that how a company handels a customer complaint is at least as important as getting right the first time, and I'm happy to report that DDD came through on this one.

Its clear I had a legitimate gripe, and I was glad to get in contact with not only a supervisor at the DDD, but the president of the parent company, Infinity Resources, Inc. The president of that company saw my thread here and contacted me immediately!.

If the incident can help to make the DDD customer experience better overall than I suppose some good can come of this.

I got the DVD in question by the way, it arrived, so the nature of my question was no longer relevent. But DDD and IRinc were both very eager to keep me as a customer and based on the further expericences and how the issue was ultimately handeled, I have pledged to give them another try.

I said all along that DDD has unbeatable prices, and that they clearly have success stories. We can add this issue to the sucess column.

Jim