Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Sazuma horror stories

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Sazuma horror stories

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-01, 11:20 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sazuma horror stories

Hey people,

Before I discovered CD Japan and Amzon.jp I used Sazuma on more occasions than I care to remember. Anyone else have horror stories about dealing with them? I used to love when my credit card would be charged and I'd receive the merchandise 2 months later! Or when they wouldn't respond to e-mails or respond 2 weeks later!

Just curious!

Steve

www.thelatestdvd.com
Old 08-20-01, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered from them over two years ago, my card was charged correctly, but it took at least three months before I finally got my dvd...Horror stories abound on the net about Sazuma's non-existent customer service, credit card over charges, misshipped, misplaced, mispacked parcels...everything one can imagine its as if Sazuma perpetrated...Yeah, I only use cdjapan and amazon.jp myself now.
Old 08-20-01, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sazuma is one of those extremely lame companies that people use because they don't know any better. I use cdjapan and www.amotokyo.com.
Old 08-20-01, 12:14 PM

I'll cut and paste my long sordid tale from a previous thread for all to read here. Hope this helps anyone even considering buying a DVD from Sazuma.

Back in March I ordered the German Dellamorte Dellamore DVD from Sazuma. I got the order confirmation and filed it away. A month later I realized that I hadn't received it yet so I e-mailed them and they said that it would ship next week. Jump ahead to May and I still hadn't received the DVD (nor been charged). I e-mailed them again and they said that there were customs problems and the DVD would definitely arrive next week.

Now we're into June and I've finally given up on ever receiving the DVD from them so I e-mail my local importer (www.diabolikdvd.com) and he has the Spanish version but no German version. He lets me know that it's good quality so I order it (he was right). At this point I decide to e-mail Sazuma again inquiring about the order because I figure that I get the German DVD, compare them and then put one on eBay. They e-mail me again that I'll have the DVD.

At this point they charge me and a few weeks go by. I finally e-mail them saying that I'm tired of being lied to and they are to refund me immediately otherwise I'll contact the BBB and the CA Chamber of Commerce the next day. Suddenly I get an e-mail that the DVD had already shipped and they'd refund me if I want after I return it. Two days later I receive the DVD and the package is post-dated to the day that I threatened them meaning that they got my e-mail and quickly mailed it instead of refunding me.

So, instead of dealing with the hassle of mailing it back to them and pray that they credit me, I decided to just bite the bullet and hold onto it. So that's the tale of 2 DVDs and I love the movie so I figured I'd just keep them both.

Moral of this story: NEVER BUY FROM SAZUMA!!!!!
Old 08-20-01, 03:05 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

You should have refused to accept the package. If it was left at your mailbox, go to the Post Office and hand it back, with RETURN TO SENDER on it and then call the credit card bank.
Old 08-20-01, 04:21 PM

yet more

Sazuma tales at this thread over in the asiandvdguide forum:

http://pub5.ezboard.com/fhongkongdvd...icID=179.topic