Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Good source for R2 Japan DVDs ???

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-01, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking to purchase Major League and Scream: Director's cut DVDs from R2 Japan.

So far, www.cdjapan.co.jp only has Scream (~$42 US).

www.sazuma.com has Scream (~$48 US) and Major League (~$48.50 US).

The prices above do not include shipping.

Are there any other retailers out there with better prices who will ship to the USA?

Thanks,

-Zutton
Old 08-18-01, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There's also www.amazon.co.jp . As for other region 2 DVD sites in Japan, all that I know of besides the above specialize in anime, so I doubt they'd have the titles you're looking for. But if you want to check them anyway, there's:

www.amotokyo.com
http://www.animaxis.com/en/
http://www.jungle-scs.co.jp/english/

For what you're looking for, I'd recommend cdjapan or amazon.co.jp cause sazuma takes forever and charges a lot. They say 2-3 weeks, but all my orders from them have taken at least a couple of months.
Old 08-18-01, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Crazy Aoshi
For what you're looking for, I'd recommend cdjapan or amazon.co.jp cause sazuma takes forever and charges a lot. They say 2-3 weeks, but all my orders from them have taken at least a couple of months.
Yeah. Stay away from Sazuma, they take forever.

Animaxis is strictly anime as they owned by an anime company. If you don't see a title at CDJapan or Amotokyo, you can email them and chances are they can get the title for you. If you order more than $200 from amotokyo, you get free EMS shipping.
Old 08-18-01, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wish animaxis could get whatever I wanted, but they said it was out of print and I'll never be able to get it.

http://www.animaxis.com/en/shop/prod...ku=104793%2D00

But now I'm straying even farther from the original intention of the post, so I'll stop.
Old 08-18-01, 03:43 PM

Thanks for the warnings on Sazuma!

Looks like my best bet is going to be amazon.co.jp...

Glad babelfish does translations to english

-Zutton
Old 08-18-01, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wish animaxis could get whatever I wanted, but they said it was out of print and I'll never be able to get it.

http://www.animaxis.com/en/shop/prod...ku=104793%2D00

But now I'm straying even farther from the original intention of the post, so I'll stop.
You still haven't been able to find your Di Gi Charat? If I remember correctly, you already tried asking Amotokyo for it and they couldn't find it right? Have you tried asking the Jungle to keep a lookout for it?
Old 08-18-01, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Zutton
Thanks for the warnings on Sazuma!

Looks like my best bet is going to be amazon.co.jp...

Glad babelfish does translations to english

-Zutton
Just a warning that Amazon.jp's inventory system is as lame as the U.S. one. Amazon.jp will list things at 24 hour or 2-3 days and then change it to a later date after you have ordered an item. If this happens, your whole order will be held up. Just something to keep in mind if you are ever in a hurry to get something.
Old 08-19-01, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by nekobus

You still haven't been able to find your Di Gi Charat? If I remember correctly, you already tried asking Amotokyo for it and they couldn't find it right? Have you tried asking the Jungle to keep a lookout for it?
Yes, I still can't find it. Animaxis says if it's not in stock and not in print, they will never get one. Amazon Japan doesn't list it. Amotokyo is supposed to be on the lookout for it but I don't think they'll ever find it. Same with anime jungle, animate-world and omochabox. Cdjapan says they can't look for it if I don't tell them the catalog number, which I don't know and no one lists. So I guess I'm out of luck. No ebay either...I did order the currently released 5 volumes from amotokyo.com, still waiting for them. No shipping confirmation, but it's been 3 days. Hopefully they'll come through, they said it was in stock. I've heard good things about them, so I doubt they're scamming me.
Old 08-19-01, 04:56 PM

Crazy Aoshi,

Here are the catalog #s for the Di Gi Charat DVDs and a link to the search on HMV:

Di Gi Charat #1 - KIBA476
Di Gi Charat #2 - KIBA477
Di Gi Charat #3 - KIBA520
Di Gi Charat #4 - KIBA521
Di Gi Charat #5 - KIBA591
Di Gi Charat #6 - KIBA636
Di Gi Charat #7 - KIBA638

http://www.hmv.co.jp/search/title.as...mat=3&advsea=1

My advice is not to use HMV Japan because they're shipping is outrageous. Use the catalog #s and go through CDJapan.
Old 08-19-01, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks, but I'm loking for the Dig Charat Concert in Yokohama Arena DVD, if you knew the number or somewhere that said it, that would be a big help. Thanks in advance...
Old 08-20-01, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I did order the currently released 5 volumes from amotokyo.com, still waiting for them. No shipping confirmation, but it's been 3 days. Hopefully they'll come through, they said it was in stock. I've heard good things about them, so I doubt they're scamming me.
Amo doesn't send shipping emails or confirmations. They just pack it and EMS ship it. If you email them and ask for it, they will send you your EMS tracking number. Depending upon where you live EMS can take 1-5 days to arrive. I live on the west coast and I usually receive my items the next day(love that time difference).

The first time you order, they will ask you to confirm your CC info because they lost a lot of money due to CC fraud last year. Their new CC company collects the info and you only have to go through the procedure once.

They are a small operation and do everything manually. The downside is they don't send out emails at every stage of the order. The upside is they have very personal service and are willing to look around and obtain things that other places cannot get. They also answer email very quickly.