Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

HK DVD shopping on Amazon's Zshops?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 07-09-01, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FiveStar Laser and PokerIndustries have Zshops on Amazon.They have some really great deals on HK dvd.Does anyone know how reliable these methods of ordering are?....I was going to order a bunch of DVDs last night,but when I went to add an item to my basket...I found that there was no basket in Zshops.Can you only order one DVD for each transaction?...Or is there a way to add all the dvds you want to order to a basket and than check-out just like you would ordering DVDs from the regular amazon store?
Old 07-09-01, 11:32 PM

Oh good Lord.Someone must know something about this.Bring on the info.
Old 07-10-01, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well. I can only say it from the other side.

I sold Bio-Zombies HK DVD on Amazon's zShop for no apparant reason except to see how it worked.

From a seller's perspective. Amazon charges you quite a hefty fee to list stuff since it's put side by side with their "items."

Someone clicks on Buy Used and you pay Amazon. Amazon sends a msg to the seller and says pretty much to send it out now and they will drop the $$$ in your account of choosing in a few days.

So I figure, you couldn't combine orders from different seller's cuz then the shipping would be pretty steep (Say $2.50 for each disc)...
Old 07-10-01, 12:49 PM

I'm about to just give up.I e-mailed Amazon two nights ago,still no answer....I've posted on several boards here and no one seems to know a thing.I'll ask once more.....is there a way to add items in Zshop to a basket and than checkout?....Or do you have to order each seperate?
Old 07-10-01, 08:11 PM

WaAaAh! *flails arms and legs*.....help me! ....watch me cry......see....look what you all are making me do.
Old 07-10-01, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't see why you couldn't combine DVD's from the same seller.

But, I am positive you cannot combine orders from different sellers.

Let us know if you can fly. I tried flailing my arms but got nowhere.

Think of it Z Shops like you would E-Bay or Yahoo!Auctions.

Call Amazon on their 1-800 # you'll get a quicker response.
Old 07-11-01, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by axolotls return
I don't see why you couldn't combine DVD's from the same seller.

But, I am positive you cannot combine orders from different sellers.
In my experience with them this is true. You cannot combine orders from different sellers. Each transation is a different thing. If you placed an order yesterday and then go back to the same store today and buy something else, it's a separate order and transaction. This way Amazon makes more moola by booking more sales.

If I may ask, why are going through Amazon? Both the retailers you mentioned have pretty good reputations and with shopping available on their sites, it would seem to be better to deal with them directly and cut out the middle man.