Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

New Knockabout w/ Yuen Biao?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-01, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anybody heard anything more about a remaster/re-release of Knockabout on DVD?

I think I remember seeing a rumor about this on the defunct AsianDVDGuide a while back. I am just wondering if anybody has heard anything else to confirm/deny the rumor and/or provide relevant details.

Thx!
Old 07-08-01, 06:10 PM

Knockabout

Knockabout was released on dvd in Japan, via Megastar, disrtibuted in Japan via Pioneer. As often happens, Megastar only had the rights to a specific country for the release at that time, and it was Japan. Usually the Megastar disc trickles down to HK within a few months as they acquire the rights for HK, but this one is taking forever to get released domestically in HK. As a side note, Megastar occasionally releases then exclusive titles in Taiwan and Korea as well.
Old 07-08-01, 09:01 PM

Thanks and a follow up

thanks for the info.

Has this thing been released on DVD anywhere else other than Japan (Megastar/Pioneer) and mainland China?

I have heard that the quality of the mainland China disc is horrible, and I really am not prepared to shell out the amount o' cash they probably want for a Japanese disc.

Any other hope of getting this flick on DVD right now that anybody knows of?