Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Dumb and Dumber Region 2 Cut??

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Dumb and Dumber Region 2 Cut??

Old 04-15-01, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was told by someone that the region 2 Dumb & Dumber DVD had some parts cut out of it. Can anyone give me any information on this as to whether it is true or not?

Thanks.

(Sorry for the same post in another forum, didn't realise this one was here too).
Old 04-16-01, 04:16 AM

This site has some info http://www.rewind.org.uk . Go to the R1 R2 comparisons section and navigate to Dumb & Dumber. The cut appears to relate to the picking up of additional hitchhikers.

The BBFC have 2 classifications for this film both at '12'. The run times differ by 1 minute and 52 seconds, so presumably one is the DVD and the other VHS. BBFC also state that 'This work was passed with no cuts made'. That would indicate that the shorter version was submitted to the BBFC that way for some reason.
Old 04-17-01, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I hate how the BBFC does that. You have to look up BOTH the theatrical release and the home video release sometimes to make sure you're not getting a cut release.