Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

MoviePass Beta Invite (Unlimited Movies in Theater)

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

MoviePass Beta Invite (Unlimited Movies in Theater)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-13, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
Re: MoviePass Beta Invite (Unlimited Movies in Theater)

Haha! Today it checked in on first try on wi-fi. First time in about 3 weeks.
Old 02-21-13, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get "Almost There" most of the time now. Occasionally I get OOPS, which says I should call, and then I do because I'm frustrated by that point. Since the Android app came out, I was only successful checking in on my phone ONCE, and that was after 3-4 attempts. I hope it gets better. Before the app came out, I hadn't called them once since the 2nd day I had my Moviepass. But now it's getting annoying...
Old 02-22-13, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts

My wife says she gets the almost there message every time she uses the app now.
Old 02-22-13, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turn on the wifi then switch it back to 3g/4g.
Old 02-22-13, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

I had some major problems checking in today. Somewhere there was an AT&T wifi hotspot, which I have never for the life of me actually gotten to work. It just hung and hung after hitting 'check in, and I was literally fifteen feet from the box office. As PiNOY suggested, once I turned off wifi, I was able to check in.
Old 02-23-13, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had a slight issue a few films ago - I was checking into an evening show and got the purchase message - but when I went to purchase, the card kept declining. It was only when I chose the student ticket that it went through - meaning that they didn't fund enough for the regular ticket price. Is this normal? I couldn't find anything that said I should be choosing the student ticket option when available.
Old 02-26-13, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Last year was my most "prolific" for moviegoing, and I'm already kind of ahead. I'm at the 14 movie mark this year, with Snitch. Last year's 14th movie was The Avengers, so I'm about 2 months "ahead" of 2012.
Old 03-01-13, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

Month 4 done!

$161.70 out of pocket (including the monthly charge).
65 movies, 2 of those IMAX 3D, 1 of those IMAX, and 9 of those 3D

$2.49 average per movie.

$12 is the ticket price for 3D and $17.50 for IMAX and IMAX 3D. $160.50 if I had paid full price for IMAX, IMAX 3D, and 3D, leaving the remaining 53 2D movies as freebies.

Bring on month 5!!

Since they introduced the app I pretty much have to call them every time, but they're quick, and now I recognize them by voice, and hopefully they get annoyed at the calls and fix it I read online they can unlock the website for you and asked them to and was told today they were going to discontinue the website.

I click on the menu to find current location and get a GeoCode error, same with the direct change location link. My GPS works just fine, use the navigation app all the time, and weather. And then the Ooops not there yet while I'm parked at the theater. Oh well, I've just gotten used to calling them. My WiFi is ALWAYS turned off if I'm not home (because I find it interferes with the 3G/4G, at home I turn off 3/4G and turn on WiFi).
Old 03-01-13, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Since they introduced the app I pretty much have to call them every time, but they're quick, and now I recognize them by voice, and hopefully they get annoyed at the calls and fix it I read online they can unlock the website for you and asked them to and was told today they were going to discontinue the website.

I click on the menu to find current location and get a GeoCode error, same with the direct change location link. My GPS works just fine, use the navigation app all the time, and weather. And then the Ooops not there yet while I'm parked at the theater. Oh well, I've just gotten used to calling them. My WiFi is ALWAYS turned off if I'm not home (because I find it interferes with the 3G/4G, at home I turn off 3/4G and turn on WiFi).
I never had problems checking in through the web, until I installed the app. The app didn't work, so I got them to unlock the web browser for me. But now that doesn't work either. I got it to work ONCE (after 3-4 check-in attempts) but typically get an OOPS after I try multiple check-in attempts. The last time I called, I was told they improved the app, and that I should install the new app. But I have a feeling that won't work either...
Old 03-03-13, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Last night something weird happened - when I went to check a theater, it only showed one movie (and it was a 3d version so I couldn't even check into it). I ended up having to go to another theater, I didn't have the time to call them. Has that happened to anyone else?
Old 03-03-13, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^ It was faster to go to a different theater, than to call them??? No, I've never had that happen...
Old 03-03-13, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

In this case, yes. I was equidistant from both theaters and I only had about ten minutes before the movie started (as it was, I got in during the previews, which I'm fine with.)
Try zip code 27502 and look at Regal Beaver Creek, it was still doing it just now.
Old 03-04-13, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^ Pretty weird...
I had a strange occurrence last night as well. THE APP WORKED!!! For the first time EVER I was able to check in with the app. I didn't think it would, since it showed the theater I was at as being 0.4 miles away. But it actually worked, on the first try, too!!! I hope that becomes a regular occurrence. I hate calling. ONCE I called and they asked me for NO information. They must have used my caller ID. They knew who I was, where I was, and what movie I was attempting. If they did that all the time, it wouldnt be too bad to call. I was checked-in in less than a minute. But that never happened again.
Old 03-05-13, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The app worked for me again last night, but not nearly as well. It took me like 8 tries before I was successful. I was just about to call. I reset my location 4 times. It started as showing I was 0.4 miles away from the them (which worked the last time I checked in). Then 1.4 miles. Then 0.3 miles. Then finally 0.1 miles when it worked. So the app still has issues detecting the location. It is best to get to the theater early, in case you have issues.
Old 03-05-13, 06:15 PM

just update the firmwares. mine is getting better and better and better!
Old 03-07-13, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Updated it, we'll see.

Had a funny incident today (Wednesday in my part of the woods still). Century/CineMark shows one older movie on Wednesdays. Today was Forrest Gump. Went to sign in and it said I already saw that movie. Then I remembered it's one of the movies they randomly used when another one wasn't working. What are the odds of that. So I called them and said, just make sure you don't use West Side Story, that's next week They got a kick out of the situation also and apparently they can override the system to let you watch the same movie twice.
Old 03-07-13, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Went to a different theater last night. App would not work, so I had to call. Kept saying the theater was 1.0 mile away, even though I kept refreshing my location over and over. I think their system has the wrong location for the theater.
Some dude was standing outside the theater, trying to sell a $30 GC he had. Nobody wanted it. I had passed of course, cuz of the Moviepass, but eventually I went back up to him and offered him 15 bucks. I figured I'd use it on concessions. He took it. Came with a $5 concession coupon as well, so I got $35 in concessions for 15 bucks!
Old 03-12-13, 03:03 AM

Might be interested in this if someone has an extra invite. Thanks!
Old 03-12-13, 03:11 AM

i do have extra invite. just give me your email addy.
Old 03-15-13, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My Android app has been working better lately. Sometimes it tells me "sorry, you have to wait 1 minute before your next attempt" even though that was my first attempt. But it apparently added the funds to the card. I was able to purchase the ticket, even though I didn't get the "purchase" message. That happened to me twice. Yesterday, I got the Purchase message on my 2nd attempt, after one "almost there." That's a huge improvement over what I usually go through...
Old 03-24-13, 09:27 PM

I updated my app a few days ago while at the theater. It went from saying I was 4.0 miles from the theater to .1 miles. When I go Tuesday night (and hopefully a couple of other times this week) I'll see if I can get the App to work for the first time.
Old 03-27-13, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts

It only makes me wait 5 seconds now. I still think the first try doesn't do anything, it comes up right away, you're too far. It still usually takes at least 2-3 times to get the go purchase sign, but a few times it takes 6+, but waiting 5 seconds isn't as bad. Still terrible, but tolerable.
Old 03-28-13, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Month 5 = $30 + $4.50 Concession + $6.50 IMAX 3D = $41
27 movies = $1.52 per movie, 1 IMAX 3D + 1 3D

I never buy concessions but the pool chemicals were off during swim class and I forgot my drink in my car and I needed to get the chemical taste off. I currently have 3 extra tickets which will be used in a couple of weeks to go see Die Hard with mom and sister. 2 free small sodas. And I'm almost there for another free movie ticket.

5 month tally = $202.70, 92 movies, broken down into 3 IMAX 3D, 1 IMAX, 10 3D, 78 regular, $2.21 per movie.

Average $40.54 spent on movies per month into 18 movies.

Bring on month 6!!

Last edited by GatorDeb; 03-29-13 at 01:57 AM.
Old 03-29-13, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Really getting your money's worth, Gator!
Old 03-29-13, 02:28 PM

I forgot to mention, but the update to the app from a couple of weeks ago has worked and I am now able to just use the app to check in.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.