Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Samsung HDTV @ Best Buy

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Samsung HDTV @ Best Buy

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-09, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Re: Samsung HDTV @ Best Buy

Originally Posted by C_Fletch
...BUT them charging you for something and then not shipping it???? Sounds like they are setting themselves up with that move.
When you pay with a credit card, most stores will do an initial charge to that card to verify you have sufficient funds. That's probably all people were seeing, if they were really seeing anything at all.
Old 08-13-09, 11:51 AM

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by chris_sc77
Yep the AMERICAN PEOPLE (and make no mistake about it. These are kinds of things that tend to happen only in this country wherein its monstrous citizens expect everything to be handed out to them.) truly infuriate me.

Its hilarious people wont let this go and are trying to argue with customer service associates and trying to sue or whatever when Best Buy's official policy states that clearly what happens when pricing errors occur.
These people are just as ridiculous as the existence of sub-2-hour, non-R-rated movies.
Old 08-13-09, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D.Pham00
for example, just a few days ago, i got a 5 handset cordless dect 6.0 phone for $30 in store. checked online, it was $120.
Whatever. You could have bought 3 HDTVs with that money.
Old 08-13-09, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hiroic
What's with the sarcastic remarks? I'm not claiming that I'm entitled to anything, advocating for a lawsuit, nor whining for a HDTV to be delivered to me for $10. All I'm saying that if there is a class action lawsuit, I'll be interested in signing up, as there is a chance I could walk away with something.
Originally Posted by Bandoman
That, in a nutshell, is the problem with society today.
Old 08-13-09, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by cpgator
Whatever. You could have bought 3 HDTVs with that money.
true.
Old 08-13-09, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Did anyone notice that their stocks fell 27 cents to 36.50? It is reported in the AP article...
Old 08-13-09, 03:42 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
Did anyone notice that their stocks fell 27 cents to 36.50? It is reported in the AP article...
A less than 1% fluctuation is an almost daily occurence I'd imagine.
Old 08-13-09, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
yeah, that writer was stretching to find SOMETHING to write.
Old 08-14-09, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's hilarious that some people think BB should honor that price.
Old 08-19-09, 03:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hiroic
Look I'm not here to start a fight, I apologize for offending you. If you disagree with my position, I respect that, and appreciate a good debate. However, with regard to your second point, please refrain from comments like this. I have a job (at times two), and fulfill my financial obligations.

If (and I stress if) BB is liable for their mistake, I am willing to utilize that to my advantage. The way I see it, the legal system is what it is. If people are dissatisfied, they should get informed and involved.
So what I get from this is. Say you are on a city bus and it gets into an accident. You have absolutely nothing wrong with you, but if someone decides to sue the city, you would have no problem claiming whiplash to get some free money since that would be "utilizing it to your advantage"

This didn't hurt you, you are no worse off now than you were before it happened, but you are fulling willing to take money for "pain and suffering" that you did not endure. Please grow up, the world owes you nothing.

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
I think you're confusing "offend" with "disgust."
Nail on the head my friend, nail on the head.

Last edited by glassdragon; 08-19-09 at 03:19 AM.
Old 08-19-09, 11:04 AM

I think they should honor the price too. Over the years I have bought god knows how many items on internet sites where the price seemed fantastic. Most of the time my order was canceled and I got nothin' BUT a few times they did honor the price (mostly in the early days of Internet shops).

There are those who claim people who want them to honor their price are unreasonable but when did the idea of False Advertising become OK?

Sure, this isnt a case of Bait and Switch or a lure of the best when you actually get junk, BUT the buyer didnt switch a price tag, they didnt get on the internet, hack into Best Buy's website and fix the price for themselves, they simply chose to spend their money with them and purchase the item that Best Buy put on their website, Priced, and allowed people to buy. Why does the consumer have to pay for the mistakes of the company they are choosing to shop at? Does Best Buy have a responsibility to make sure what they say is true? If they do not, why not start throwing all kinds of wrong prices across the internet with the hopes of people coming, purchasing the mis-priced things with perhaps something else priced correctly, then cancel the single mis-priced item but quickly ship the other item they bought?

This is a free market, we can CHOOSE to shop where we want, Best Buy #1 should be thanking their lucky stars they are even in business right now. They are only in business because of consumers.

I remember Michael Righi who had to deal with another Electronics store's mishandling of an issue. Where is that company now?

Best Buy COULD have used this as a way to gain some really great publicity, but instead made themselves look like a store you cannot trust. Therefore if you cannot trust a store it begs the question, Why buy from them?

How much money would they have lost by honoring the sale?
How much money did they loose by looking like a corporate monster who lies and refuses to honor prices they list?
I have no idea, but I can say if they had someone there who could spin things better, they would have lost money at first but would have gained it all back and then some by looking like a company you can trust.
Old 08-19-09, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

here's a thought. choose not to shop there anymore. speak with your wallet, not with ignorant words on some internet forum.
Old 08-19-09, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by foofighters7

Best Buy COULD have used this as a way to gain some really great publicity, but instead made themselves look like a store you cannot trust. Therefore if you cannot trust a store it begs the question, Why buy from them?
The publicity they would have gotten would damage their company, as that many more people would try to get in on price errors the next time they happen.
Old 08-19-09, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by foofighters7
??????????????????????? What are you talking about? What does it have to do with trust? Somebody made a mistake and it must have been obvious to everybody who saw this ridiculous low price. I understand to try your luck but that's it. Don't buy from them if you don't like it. But wake up. You people are all getting out of hand.
Old 08-19-09, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
here's a thought. choose not to shop there anymore. speak with your wallet, not with ignorant words on some internet forum.
The day I agree as strongly as I do with DT as I do here should be the day everyone in the universe sits up and listens.
Old 08-19-09, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I can almost guarantee you that more than half of the people that are complaining that this isn't being honored are people who do not hardly ever buy anything there, and likely would not ever buy anything there again regardless. What money would they make back from those people?
Old 08-19-09, 02:03 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Some of you people are fucking crazy thinking Best Buy has a right to honor the price. Absolutely fucking crazy.
Old 08-19-09, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Some of you people are fucking crazy thinking Best Buy has a right to honor the price. Absolutely fucking crazy.
These are the same people who use terms like "The customer is always right" and "We pay your paychecks"

Both terms are patently false
Old 08-19-09, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And the same ones who say "false advertising" in a case like this. Sorry, but you're idiots who don't know what "false advertising" is. FF7, feel free to retract your words to avoid being lumped in with the idiots.
Old 08-19-09, 05:34 PM

People are still bitching about this TV? You are not entitled to shit, Best Buy backed their own ass in their rules (just like many of us have utilized their rules against them). Take your $9.99 and go buy some fucking diapers.
Old 08-19-09, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Moopher
People are still bitching about this TV? You are not entitled to shit, Best Buy backed their own ass in their rules (just like many of us have utilized their rules against them). Take your $9.99 and go buy some fucking diapers.
Old 08-19-09, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by glassdragon
+1
Old 08-19-09, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It needs to be quoted a second time because it's just that awesome.
Old 08-19-09, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Change one letter in your name and you kind of describe the people bitching and complaining about this.

Great post by the way.
Old 08-19-09, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
The day I agree as strongly as I do with DT as I do here should be the day everyone in the universe sits up and listens.
you just had to go and say it, didn't you.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.