Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

One & Only BMG Music Service Thread (Part 6)

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

One & Only BMG Music Service Thread (Part 6)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-09, 09:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: One & Only BMG Music Service Thread (Part 6)

Originally Posted by dvdempress
I got the same e-mail as Manos today.
I swear they must have something against New Jersey members! I never got a single e-mail from them! Hmmmpffff!!!!
Old 06-23-09, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mickactual
I swear they must have something against New Jersey members! I never got a single e-mail from them! Hmmmpffff!!!!
I finally got the BMG/Yourmusic "form letter" e-mail today.
Old 06-23-09, 07:05 AM
Cool New Member

Mickactual: I am still waiting for the "BMG will close letter" from 6 months or more ago. I finally got the "We're closing letter, but its okay, join Yourmusic.com" a couple weeks ago.

So, don't feel too bad...
Old 06-23-09, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mickactual
BTW - Will this thread morph into a "One And Only YourMusic" thread after this month? It's bad enough we're losing the BMG service, but I see no reason why we should lose this little "community" we have here (even if many of us never actually do join YourMusic!).
Originally Posted by frogmore
See you all in the OaOYMT (One and Only YourMusic Thread)!
As catchy a title as that may be, I don't think they've quite earned a thread to themselves. I'm feeling like a jilted lover, still trying to get back with his lady and, although I know that it can never be the same, I just can't seem to move on. I might be needing some therapy. heh...

Originally Posted by MusicLover7
Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
So, do we keep this thread going, or start a new Your Music thread........?
Good question?
If we must start a new thread, may I suggest a title contest? To which I humbly submit:

The Widowed by BMG and Looking for Love with yourmusic.com Thread

Originally Posted by MrE
Another thank you to Dr. X ... and all those amazing free codes.
Originally Posted by frogmore
I'm including the obligatory Dr. X appreciation statement here: I got to this forum quite late in the game but you still helped me get music I otherwise could not afford. Thank you.
I second all the thank yous to Dr X.
I too would like to thank Dr. X for being a champion to our BMG generation. Get in here Dr. X, don't be shy... Let us lift our glasses (eh, bottles) to you in a toast!
Old 06-23-09, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by TheGeminiDragon
I too would like to thank Dr. X for being a champion to our BMG generation. Get in here Dr. X, don't be shy... Let us lift our glasses (eh, bottles) to you in a toast!
Or let us lift our free CDs in a toast............
Old 06-23-09, 10:00 AM

Billing issues: I thought all orders for many weeks had to be covered by credit cards, i.e. no billing. Yet my last order was charged, then refunded, then cancelled (according to the website). Finally when they did decide to send 6 of the 7 I ordered, it was billed, not charged to my CC. Apparently I still owe them money, according to the invoice and the website. I don't know what's going on.

I don't know if what happened to me was a fluke, but you may want to check the invoice on any shipments you receive to check if they were actually charged to your CC or not -- even though you think you paid at the time of the order. Very confusing.
Old 06-23-09, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by ericjanderson
Billing issues: I thought all orders for many weeks had to be covered by credit cards, i.e. no billing. Yet my last order was charged, then refunded, then cancelled (according to the website). Finally when they did decide to send 6 of the 7 I ordered, it was billed, not charged to my CC. Apparently I still owe them money, according to the invoice and the website. I don't know what's going on.

I don't know if what happened to me was a fluke, but you may want to check the invoice on any shipments you receive to check if they were actually charged to your CC or not -- even though you think you paid at the time of the order. Very confusing.
Something similar happened to me recently. A CD I wanted, within a large order, was canceled. In response to an e-mail message customer service sent me, I requested a substitute. They wound up shipping it and billing me.

You were probably billed because the original order you authorized had been canceled and they needed to create a new order without authorization.
Old 06-23-09, 07:05 PM

Well I was hoping for some last minute super deal, but it doesn't look like that will happen so I made my final purchase. Picked up the Aerosmith 3 pack for 10.98 using the free shipping on the U9X1 code.

I got my first cd player for Christmas '89 and I signed up for BMG in Jan. '90 and I've had the same account since. I signed up on a card in Parade magazine with a deal to buy one at half price and get the 12 (or 10, I don't remember). For some reason I do remember the one I got for half price, ZZTop 6 pack. Kind of fitting to close it all out with the Aerosmith 3 pack since both groups are touring together...

Let's hope they continue the love with a bunch of nice codes for Yourmusic.

Thanks also for all the love shown. I started looking for deals for my own use and just wanted to pass them along and help out as much as I could...

Old 06-23-09, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Placed my last order: 2 Elton John 5 packs & 1 Motown 5 pack.
Old 06-23-09, 11:16 PM

Well, I placed my final order a few hours ago. I ended up buying six albums in the clearance section.

1. Smash Mouth: Smash Mouth
2. Kaci Brown: Instigator
3. Joanna: This Crazy Life
4. Platinum Weird: Make Believe
5. Hans Zimmer: The Da Vinci Code Soundtrack
6. Between The Covers (various artists compilation)

I got all six albums for $26.68. Not too shabby if you ask me.

R.I.P. BMG Music Service! I'll miss you! And to Doctor X...THANK YOU for all the codes you passed along to us throughout the months. It was MOST appreciated!

...Joe...
Old 06-23-09, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Doctor X
Let's hope they continue the love with a bunch of nice codes for Yourmusic.
I'll drink to that!

Placed my last order at 11:45 PM. I felt like I was rummaging through the cut-out bin at the local music store. Just tried to get a good cross section of titles that my wife and I could enjoy and wound up with 14 titles in my cart. Then, I went and signed up with yourmusic.com.

BMG
Old 06-24-09, 02:56 AM
cko
Cool New Member

i'm getting here late, but can somebody share the quick version of why they are changing to yourmusic.com?
Old 06-24-09, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by cko
i'm getting here late, but can somebody share the quick version of why they are changing to yourmusic.com?
I don't believe a logical reason was ever given. I guess Direct Brands, Inc. who is the owner of both BMG Music and Yourmusic decided to consolidate two music clubs into one.
Old 06-24-09, 06:45 AM
Cool New Member

RIP BMG. I feel a great sense of disappointment as it is officially over now.

WOW!
Old 06-24-09, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by slashdot87
RIP BMG. I feel a great sense of disappointment as it is officially over now.

WOW!
BMG finally pulled the plug on their website at 6:00 am Eastern Time this morning.
Old 06-24-09, 03:50 PM
Cool New Member

I wonder how long we can expect bmg to try to fill TOOS items.
Old 06-24-09, 04:41 PM

If you have any outstanding balances on your account, the website says that tomorrow payment via CC through the website will be shut off. You will have to mail a check, and there is a different address, I believe. Just FYI.
Old 06-24-09, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Doctor X
I got my first cd player for Christmas '89 and I signed up for BMG in Jan. '90 and I've had the same account since. I signed up on a card in Parade magazine with a deal to buy one at half price and get the 12 (or 10, I don't remember). For some reason I do remember the one I got for half price, ZZTop 6 pack. Kind of fitting to close it all out with the Aerosmith 3 pack since both groups are touring together...
I don't know when I signed up, but I've also got that ZZ Top set - D240453... (and I bought the Aerosmith too!)

A repeat of all the thanks for the codes.
Old 06-24-09, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by jimsumner
Probably as long as it takes for the new stock to arrive. The same BMG TOOS selections would also be TOOS on the Yourmusic website as well.
Old 06-27-09, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Seems that order history has disappeared from the site. I (& I assume others who placed last minute orders) will be dependent on the shipped emails. Before the order history had gone down, my card was charged, but the site showed not shipped, card processing.........
Old 06-27-09, 04:43 AM

Seems that order history has disappeared from the site. I (& I assume others who placed last minute orders) will be dependent on the shipped emails. Before the order history had gone down, my card was charged, but the site showed not shipped, card processing.........
That's strange, why not leave the order history up until all the TOOS orders have been completed and shipped?
Old 06-27-09, 07:41 PM
Cool New Member

I have finally been charged for the David Bowie Live Santa Monica '72 disc.

So, I guess its back in stock for all of you others who ordered it this last go round...
Old 06-27-09, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by slashdot87
I have finally been charged for the David Bowie Live Santa Monica '72 disc.

So, I guess its back in stock for all of you others who ordered it this last go round...
Yep. I received a shipping notice this morning!
Old 06-28-09, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got a shipping notice also on Saturday for my last order.
Old 06-29-09, 12:18 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by jimsumner
My guess is they have stopped.

I got e-mails today reporting multiple selections that they "were sorry" they would not be able to fulfill. Some of these were ordered in May! (They just kept me hanging out there until it was too late to order something else instead.)

In my case, these were FREE CD awards and the e-mail makes no reference to allowing me to "replace" the "lost" FREE CDs on YourMusic or through a "late" order on BMG.

I think it constitutes theft -- they were happy to take my money on the Featured Selections at full price, but by not letting me have the FREE CDs...

Anyone else get ripped off? (Somehow, I think I was the only one that every paid full price -- since I came so late to the "code party".)

Good luck all!

J.R.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.