Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

One & Only BMG Music Service Thread (Part 6)

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

One & Only BMG Music Service Thread (Part 6)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-09, 02:27 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: One & Only BMG Music Service Thread (Part 6)

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Yeah, this TOTALLY SUCKS. There is so much music i got over the years from BMG (& CBS before them) that I couldn't have afforded otherwise.

With all the Woodstock related titles coming, I sure miss the old BMG.......

At this time, i have received al ordered cd's. if there are no more codes, i would only
order if they get something new I really want. Thinking about the Portishead, but not sure i'm willing to pay $6.59 for it.
I agree -- at 80% off, $3.80 + s/h ($6.59) is too much! The only way to make yourself think you're getting a deal is on the 2CD (or more) titles where you come down to $4.50-ish / CD ($9 with s/h for the 2CD title) -- but that pales in comparison to 70% off + free shipping (I doubt we'll ever see that bargain again!)
Old 06-15-09, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by MIT90
I agree -- at 80% off, $3.80 + s/h ($6.59) is too much! The only way to make yourself think you're getting a deal is on the 2CD (or more) titles where you come down to $4.50-ish / CD ($9 with s/h for the 2CD title) -- but that pales in comparison to 70% off + free shipping (I doubt we'll ever see that bargain again!)
It's the shipping and handling charges that are always the price killer, especially on box sets.
Old 06-15-09, 04:06 PM
Cool New Member

Yea. $2.79 is a reasonable s&h charge for one CD. But the economy of scale should start kicking in on multiples and it never does. I suppose that's part of the business model, hope that the hidden costs don't scare off customers.
Old 06-15-09, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by MIT90
That's the problem with YM: Doubles $13.98, Triples $20.97, etc.
Old 06-15-09, 05:44 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by stargazer
A few months ago my one order consisted of 4 cds. Three arrived and one never showed up. I emailed BMG and told them that 1 of the 3 cds from that specific order didn't come. A week later they started sending me replacement shipping notices for various cds from past orders. I finally got 9 cds that they had already sent me BUT I never did receive the 1 cd that I had asked to have re-sent. Go figure!! I will be interested to know what you finally do receive!!
I got one box with the first one they said they shipped and a second box with the other two I ordered. Their notification system must have been messed up.
Old 06-15-09, 08:40 PM

That's the problem with YM: Doubles $13.98, Triples $20.97, etc.
so before BMG is gone for good, what box sets are worth considering at the normal BMG price?

in particular, if anyone has any classical recommendations, I'm all ears.
Old 06-15-09, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Spaceknight
so before BMG is gone for good, what box sets are worth considering at the normal BMG price?

in particular, if anyone has any classical recommendations, I'm all ears.
The Segovia Collection on Deutsche Grammophon contains Andrés Segovia's later guitar recordings.

Istvan Kertész's Dvorák, The Symphonies is a popular recommendation, if you don't mind some symphonies broken up across discs.

Georg Solti's Beethoven: The Symphonies gets good reviews, and is played by one of my favorite orchestras, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.

I've got my eye on Josef Krips' Mozart: The Great Symphonies 21 - 41.
Old 06-16-09, 01:13 AM

Hitsville USA
Jean Martinon-Ravel, Debussy
The Temptations-Emperors of Soul

I've gotten those from BMG.
Old 06-16-09, 08:49 AM

With one week to go we have a new code for June. Nothing special, just getting you used to Yourmusic.com

$6.99 CDs, plus Free Shipping
U9X1 thru 4
Old 06-16-09, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Doctor X
With one week to go we have a new code for June. Nothing special, just getting you used to Yourmusic.com

U9X1 thru 4
No, thank you--I'll pass..............
Old 06-16-09, 03:36 PM

so... how can i sign up for the yourmusic $5.99 deal?
I have 2 bmg accounts on 2 different email addresses, and i USED to be a yourmusic.com subscriber.
Old 06-16-09, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by nukleopatr
so... how can i sign up for the yourmusic $5.99 deal?
I have 2 bmg accounts on 2 different email addresses, and i USED to be a yourmusic.com subscriber.
See post #147. This was probably a leftover image file from the old offer---Yourmusic used to charge $5.99 per disc a couple of years ago. The image is still on their server.
Old 06-18-09, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I got another email from BMG pushing YM. The standard 1 free no monthly minimum. Does anyone see any benefit in waiting (i.e. a better offer to come)?
Old 06-18-09, 09:21 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

You can always add a second membership if it does.
Old 06-18-09, 10:06 AM

Personally I think the $6.99 per disc isn't a bad deal since it is free shipping. I like sending CDs as gifts and BMG worked great for that........looks like YourMusic will work the same way. You have to realize that they have to pay their employees...plus the record company......plus the artist.......plus the shipping. So really $6.99 per disc is very fair for a brand new factory sealed product shipped to anywhere in the USA. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Grock; 06-18-09 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-18-09, 10:14 AM

I got another email from BMG pushing YM. The standard 1 free no monthly minimum. Does anyone see any benefit in waiting (i.e. a better offer to come)?
Why not wait ?????? What do you have to lose ??????

If you join immediately you will still be shopping from the same old BMG music catalog that presently offers very little in adding new/old releases.
Old 06-18-09, 10:17 AM

I've been a member of BMG again since 06 and the only offer I've gotten from them so far has been to join CH DVD Club.
Old 06-18-09, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by dvdempress
I've been a member of BMG again since 06 and the only offer I've gotten from them so far has been to join CH DVD Club.
Wow! I've been an off and on member of BMG since the 70's and that is also the only offer I have received. I guess they just don't want me to join Yourmusic.
Old 06-18-09, 10:58 AM

I joined BMG in 1994 and still have the same one and only account from back then. I was a DJ for years and have purchased well over 2,000 CDs from them. I was starting to wonder what the deal was since I hadn't gotten the YourMusic offer either from them with the no automatic monthly fee. Then I just got it yesterday via e-mail. My guess is if you have used the mail-in cards and not ordered online you might not get the offer unless you contact them and ask for it. I started ordering and paying online about 7 years ago. My YourMusic offer also says I get a Free CD after my first purchase.
Old 06-18-09, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Grock
I My guess is if you have used the mail-in cards and not ordered online you might not get the offer unless you contact them and ask for it. I started ordering and paying online about 7 years ago. My YourMusic offer also says I get a Free CD after my first purchase.
I have been ordering online from BMG since 2003.
Old 06-18-09, 01:33 PM

I received the email which indicates that there are no commitments and no monthly service charges. So am I correct in assuming that I wouldn't have to build up and maintain a queue of music picks, that there would not be any kind of automatic shipments and that I only have to buy when I feel like it without having to worry about monthly replies of any kind?
Old 06-18-09, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by MrE
You can always add a second membership if it does.
I think the concern is that this "no-queue" setup is only a limited offer for converting BMG accounts. It's certainly not the normal YourMusic membership.

However, I'm not seeing the no-queue option as anything really special, since you can just quit the club if your queue runs dry (and they'll maybe offer you a free CD a few months later to draw you back).

Since I just made a rather large order from that last 90% off coupon, I don't see any reason to sign up for YourMusic right now. It'll be there in a few months, and maybe if they see I don't transfer my BMG account they'll make an offer that really is better than the normal one.
Old 06-18-09, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by mikelz777
I received the email which indicates that there are no commitments and no monthly service charges. So am I correct in assuming that I wouldn't have to build up and maintain a queue of music picks, that there would not be any kind of automatic shipments and that I only have to buy when I feel like it without having to worry about monthly replies of any kind?
That is what it looks like. I used my wife's BMG account to sign up for the Yourmusic deal since my main account email is associated with an old YM account. There is not even an option to add a cd to the queue.

I'm hoping that they have similar code offers for the former BMG accounts. A couple of years ago YM had code deals but I canceled my account a while ago so I don't know if they have recently.
Old 06-18-09, 04:08 PM

U9X1 thru 4
One thing I just noticed about this one is it gives free shipping on the Aerosmith 3 pack that they have for $11. Not sure about any of the other 3 packs that they have, but it might be worth a look...
Old 06-18-09, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing I just noticed about this one is it gives free shipping on the Aerosmith 3 pack that they have for $11. Not sure about any of the other 3 packs that they have, but it might be worth a look...
Looks like it works on any of them. I may pick up the Johnny Cash 4-pack.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.