Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-13, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

I still haven't received the easter egg one nor the Monsters University one. Yet, I did receive my anniversary one. I missed out on another one recently, too. Anyone know why I'd get the monthly newsletter but not the extras?
Old 04-01-13, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There is a sale going on right now for a mystery DVD. Orig. 850 points now it's 450 pts or 319+S&H. I decided to give it a shot...Just hoping for something NOT HSM.
Old 04-01-13, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Iron Man poster is huge! It is 40x70. If you want one you better do it soon.

Last edited by Brent L; 04-01-13 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-01-13, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent L
The Iron Man poster is huge! It is 40x70. If you want one you better so it soon.
Got it, thanks!
Old 04-02-13, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by LJG765
There is a sale going on right now for a mystery DVD. Orig. 850 points now it's 450 pts or 319+S&H. I decided to give it a shot...Just hoping for something NOT HSM.
I went for that one, too, having been pleased the last time with the selection received.
Old 04-02-13, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I sent the following to Penny from DMR in a private message on Facebook...

Penny, I ordered the Iron Man 3 teaser poster once I saw your comment on the DMR Facebook page saying it was correct in that it is actually 40'' x 70'' in size. I have since been doing research, and I can not find any poster of that size of any sort, and have even heard that you told someone else it will ship in a 30'' cylinder, which wouldn't be possible for a poster of this size. If we receive it, and it is not in fact 40'' x 70'', will be be able to receive a refund and/or our points back? A lot of people only ordered it because that seemed to be quite the rare item. Thanks!
She just responded with the following...

Brent, you bring up a great point. Let me touch base with our fulfillment department to get some additional details. I'll let you know what I hear.
I'm thinking they have made a boo boo, on both the size listed on the DMR page as well as Penny's "confirmation" of the size, and will be dealing with a large amount of complaints and demands for points/money to be returned. I certainly wouldn't have bought it if it was a standard sized poster.

UPDATE:

Yep, it was just a blatant error. She just sent me the following followup message...

YIKES! Thank you for having me check again. It appears the poster is actually 40" x 27". I have put your order on hold. Please let me know if you want to cancel it and I can make that happen for you. Sorry about the error on the website - we're getting it fixed ASAP. ~Penny
If you don't want it at that size, be sure to contact them ASAP to cancel.
Old 04-02-13, 11:31 AM

I really want to order one of these but last time i ordered this i ended up with 3 copies of HSM2
Old 04-02-13, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

I still haven't received the easter egg one nor the Monsters University one. Yet, I did receive my anniversary one. I missed out on another one recently, too. Anyone know why I'd get the monthly newsletter but not the extras?
I got the Monsters University one but not the Easter Egg one. Oh well... it's not the first time I've missed getting a "special" email from DMR.
Old 04-03-13, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I got the Monsters University one but not the Easter Egg one. Oh well... it's not the first time I've missed getting a "special" email from DMR.
It's a bit frustrating as I see on here a lot of people getting them and I check my inbox, my spam folder, nada. Yet, I get the monthly ones and I recently got my "anniversary" one and my birthday one. Could it be a volume thing? I'm not constantly adding points...could that be it? Odd.

As for the mystery DVD, I've tried twice before during other promotions and I've gotten G-Force and HSM 2. At least they weren't the same. Keeping my fingers crossed they aren't the same here. My mystery one has shipped yesterday and I live in the same state as their distribution center so hopefully will get it in the next couple days. I'll post what I get.
Old 04-03-13, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a sale going on right now for a mystery DVD. Orig. 850 points now it's 450 pts or 319 points +S&H
Once again I find out about a deal, a day too late - its now back to 850 pts or 638 pts plus S&H.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 04-03-13 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-03-13, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by LaxBandit
Once again I find out about a deal, a day too late - its now back to 850 pts or 638 pts plus S&H.
I'd say it's a strong possibility that you'll post in a week or 2 that you're glad you missed out.
Old 04-04-13, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts

Iron Man teaser poster is now listed as Limited Quantities. If you want one, better hurry.

I ordered both that poster and the African Cats Blu Ray pack. I'm getting worried that we haven't seen any new premium rewards in a while and the old ones like figurines and nice watches and such are disappearing.
Old 04-04-13, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ Thanks, I got one. Not much else tempting to use points on, so gotta grab these decent cheapies when they come along...
Old 04-05-13, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Two things: First is I received my mystery DVD today. It was the Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad. I'm quite pleased as this was on my wish list. Yay! No High School Musical!

Second, I checked out that poster and they have changed the dimensions to what it should be, so hopefully no one else will get the wrong info now.
Old 04-05-13, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Second, I checked out that poster and they have changed the dimensions to what it should be, so hopefully no one else will get the wrong info now.
I didn't even see the above posts about 40x70". I had no idea what you were talking about at first... I expected 27x40, since it said Theatrical Poster. I also assume it is double-sided, even though it doesn't say so.

It appears to be sold out now, since I no longer see it listed in the Rewards Catalog.
Old 04-05-13, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I didn't even see the above posts about 40x70". I had no idea what you were talking about at first... I expected 27x40, since it said Theatrical Poster. I also assume it is double-sided, even though it doesn't say so.

It appears to be sold out now, since I no longer see it listed in the Rewards Catalog.
Sorry, I could have been more specific, but it had been discussed several times on that page so figured I was safe enough to just reference the poster...

A bit of a bummer-I was on my way out this morning so didn't open up the DVD I received (the Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad) until just a bit ago. It's an older version, one of the Gold collection, so it didn't have any DMR points in it. Still, I'm pleased with the title as it is one of the few older ones I don't have.
Old 04-05-13, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

Sorry, I could have been more specific, but it had been discussed several times on that page so figured I was safe enough to just reference the poster...

A bit of a bummer-I was on my way out this morning so didn't open up the DVD I received (the Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad) until just a bit ago. It's an older version, one of the Gold collection, so it didn't have any DMR points in it. Still, I'm pleased with the title as it is one of the few older ones I don't have.
Has it been reissued since the Gold Collection? I didn't think it had been.
Old 04-05-13, 08:50 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Has it been reissued since the Gold Collection? I didn't think it had been.
We used points for both of our accounts to get the mystery DVD and got 2 of the Ichabod DVDs. The slip cover is rare, so there's value in that. Amazon is selling this edition for $28.97.
Old 04-05-13, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

Damn, now i wish I'd used points for it.
Old 04-06-13, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

It'd been over a year since I entered my DMR codes, I easily had enough for a blu. Got the Tron: Legacy 3D Blu-ray - arrived within a few weeks in perfect shape (and slipcover!).
Old 04-06-13, 09:57 AM

I got the Ichabod & Mr. Toad dvd with the special slip cover for my mystery dvd as well. Glad I took the plunge on this, pretty fantastic giveaway. Wonder if this means it's coming to blu soon since they're getting rid of their stock on it.
Old 04-06-13, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by VanHammersly
I got the Ichabod & Mr. Toad dvd with the special slip cover for my mystery dvd as well. Glad I took the plunge on this, pretty fantastic giveaway. Wonder if this means it's coming to blu soon since they're getting rid of their stock on it.
That's what I got for my mystery DVD as well. It arrived along with my Iron Man 3 poster today.
Old 04-06-13, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Packerbacker
We used points for both of our accounts to get the mystery DVD and got 2 of the Ichabod DVDs. The slip cover is rare, so there's value in that. Amazon is selling this edition for $28.97.
Really? It's rare? I had no idea-I belong to the DMC so I am pretty sure this is one in my wish list that I never pulled the trigger on. I may have thought they had a new release because of them offering two versions of the film-which now, I think it was one with a slip and one without. Both are offered there for 19.95 (minus whatever discount you get that month if you buy something more expensive) so it never occurred to me that the slip would be important.
Old 04-06-13, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Really? It's rare? I had no idea-I belong to the DMC so I am pretty sure this is one in my wish list that I never pulled the trigger on. I may have thought they had a new release because of them offering two versions of the film-which now, I think it was one with a slip and one without. Both are offered there for 19.95 (minus whatever discount you get that month if you buy something more expensive) so it never occurred to me that the slip would be important.
It depends on how you look at it. The ~$28 price is from a Marketplace Seller (fulfilled by Amazon but not sold by Amazon) with new copies as low as ~$15 shipped. Amazon is only offering $3.87 trade-in value. OOP, yes. "Rare" - a matter of opinion. Amazon is selling the non-slip cover edition for ~$15.
Old 04-06-13, 03:24 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

It had a very low sales rank on amazon of over 200,000 when I last looked. The price would probably have to be reduced to sell.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.