Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-19, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 363 Likes on 215 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel Payoff Theatrical Poster - 800 points

https://www.disneymovierewards.com/r...el-payoff-8658

Old 03-13-19, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel Funko POP - Goose - 750 points

https://www.disneymovierewards.com/r...pop-goose-8660

Old 03-13-19, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel Funko POP With Chase - 750 points

https://www.disneymovierewards.com/r...pop-chase-8661

Old 03-21-19, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Marvel Studios' Thor Ragnarok 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital HD - 2000 PTS/ 1600 PTS + S&P

https://www.disneymovierewards.com/r...rok-uhd-147593

Marvel's Captain America: Civil War Blu-ray + 3D Blu-ray + Digital HD - 2000 PTS/ 1600 PTS + S&P
https://www.disneymovierewards.com/r...-bd3dec-135201

Marvel Studios' Ant-Man Blu-ray + Blu-ray 3D + Digital HD - 2000 PTS/ 1600 PTS + S&P
https://www.disneymovierewards.com/r...-bd3dec-127622

Old 03-21-19, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

So ... I forgot about my Captain Marvel ticket stubs and washed them ... anybody know if there is any way to submit the screen (or digital info) from AMC A-List to get the points?
Old 03-21-19, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
So ... I forgot about my Captain Marvel ticket stubs and washed them ... anybody know if there is any way to submit the screen (or digital info) from AMC A-List to get the points?
IDK if they would or not. Do you still have the tickets? Take a picture of them with a printout from online and write a note on it. You have to write the DMR number on there that the site gives you.

But for future use, you should just register your DMR account to your AMC account. It's under Wallet: https://www.amctheatres.com/amcstubs/wallet EDIT: doesn't look like that is for DMR. Asking for a number. Yeah, according to DMR site, only the 3 below are participating. https://www.disneymovierewards.com/m...nk-account.htm I guess the AMC is for some other Disney Rewards?

You can also register DMR with Fandango, Atom, Regal, and probably more.
Old 03-22-19, 05:57 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

They are offering The Avengers 4K too for 2000 / 1600 points.

Went ahead and got that. I wouldn't have paid to upgrade it, but I've been sitting on points and this is a good thing to use them on.

Last edited by dex14; 03-22-19 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-22-19, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

To bad they don't have Captain American: The First Avenger in 4K. The only one I'm missing in my streaming collection.
Old 03-23-19, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Thanks for the heads up! Been wanting to upgrade to 4K but they always cost so much. Hopefully they put more 4Ks up.
Old 03-23-19, 04:12 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Looks like they're slowly adding them. I can wait and get them all free this way since I've only purchased a couple on 4K as of now.
Old 03-25-19, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered the Marvel up cycled backpack limited to 500 for 4000 points plus shipping. What I received is a joke! it’s an advertisement for Paramount pictures! It has Paramount and the mountain logo covering it! Why would Disney send out a product with its competitions logo? What a waste of so many points! I tried to post a photo but it wouldn’t load.
Old 03-25-19, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Muddenjeep
I ordered the Marvel up cycled backpack limited to 500 for 4000 points plus shipping. What I received is a joke! it’s an advertisement for Paramount pictures! It has Paramount and the mountain logo covering it! Why would Disney send out a product with its competitions logo? What a waste of so many points! I tried to post a photo but it wouldn’t load.
New posters are restricted from posting photos and links and things for a while. It's to cut down on spam from bots.

It sounds like you might have gotten the short end of the stick, here's the description of the backpacks I found:
In celebration of Marvel Studios' first epic 10 years, re-purposed, up-cycled Marvel campaign billboards of the past have been crafted into a limited edition series of just 500 bold, one-of-a kind backpacks. Perfect for work, school or the gym, these very special packs measure 14"w x 16"h x 6"d and come with their own numbered hangtag. Each backpack is a unique and rare carry-all perfect for true fans of the MCU. No two are alike!
Limited supply. Available while supplies last.
The bit about "re-purposed, up-cycled Marvel campaign billboards," means they took the fabric from the billboards to make the backpacks, and you got one from one of the movies Paramount originally distributed, specifically the part of the billboard with the Paramount logo.

Probably like the bottom left of this billboard

Old 03-25-19, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jay G.
New posters are restricted from posting photos and links and things for a while. It's to cut down on spam from bots.

It sounds like you might have gotten the short end of the stick, here's the description of the backpacks I found:

The bit about "re-purposed, up-cycled Marvel campaign billboards," means they took the fabric from the billboards to make the backpacks, and you got one from one of the movies Paramount originally distributed, specifically the part of the billboard with the Paramount logo.

Probably like the bottom left of this billboard
Yea that’s pretty much what I have on the bag, in the bottom left corner and actually similar coloring! I know Disney is crazy about their intellectual property and branding, that they would have ok’d something like that to go out from them!
Old 03-25-19, 01:26 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

That sucks.
Old 03-25-19, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,202 Likes on 4,229 Posts

I would like to see a picture if you get a chance to post one. It does suck because that is not at all what I would expect but still sounds...interesting. But 4000 points is a lot.
Old 03-26-19, 10:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I imagine one billboard would cover the 500 limited pieces. This is a huge gamble for anyone who orders one. Unless the billboard has a lot going on (i.e., all the Marvel characters in it), the majority of recipients will have a single colored backpack that might have a bit of a secondary color. Going by that Iron Man sample, whoever gets the Iron Man helmet on their bag, may get it cropped, or the helmet is larger than the backpack itself, making it hardly recognizable. 4,000 points is a lot to part with.

I work for an ad agency that handles the Southwest Airlines account. Several years ago they did something similar with one of their billboards where they made reusable grocery bags out of one or two billboards. I absolutely love this grocery bag and wish I had more. It's bright yellow with a little bit of red. The material is very durable, shiny…it just looks great.
Old 03-26-19, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I found a site that makes/sells backpacks made from billboards. It looks like they photograph and sell each backpack individually, since each one is different. They start at $68:
https://www.rareform.com/collections/ace-backpack

They also sell totes for $44:
https://www.rareform.com/collections/blake-tote
Old 03-26-19, 11:52 AM

^ Interesting. I wonder if this bag is from Iron Man billboard as well. Strangely, they don't tell you which billboard each bag is from.
Old 03-26-19, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
^ Interesting. I wonder if this bag is from Iron Man billboard as well. Strangely, they don't tell you which billboard each bag is from.
They probably can't tell you what billboards they're from, due to copyright/trademark issues.

I found a bigger image of that IM3 billboard:
Spoiler:

I assume you think the red and gold on that bag is from the title? The splash of green doesn't really fit though, although that may mean it's from one of these alternate billboards:
Spoiler:

Old 03-26-19, 12:53 PM

^ You rock Jay! Nice research. It probably isn't from it, but I guess you never know.
Seriously I do like that bag. It's a chunk of change but I'm pretty tempted....
Old 03-26-19, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jay G.
I found a site that makes/sells backpacks made from billboards. It looks like they photograph and sell each backpack individually, since each one is different.

Jay, rareform is that made them.
Old 03-26-19, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by lumberjack
I imagine one billboard would cover the 500 limited pieces. This is a huge gamble for anyone who orders one. Unless the billboard has a lot going on (i.e., all the Marvel characters in it), the majority of recipients will have a single colored backpack that might have a bit of a secondary color. Going by that Iron Man sample, whoever gets the Iron Man helmet on their bag, may get it cropped, or the helmet is larger than the backpack itself, making it hardly recognizable. 4,000 points is a lot to part with.

I work for an ad agency that handles the Southwest Airlines account. Several years ago they did something similar with one of their billboards where they made reusable grocery bags out of one or two billboards. I absolutely love this grocery bag and wish I had more. It's bright yellow with a little bit of red. The material is very durable, shiny…it just looks great.

Yea I guess it was a gamble, but I assumed they would take key parts of the billboard to make the bags. The example was of a punching fist, possibly Thor’s.
Old 03-26-19, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yea I guess it was a gamble, but I assumed they would take key parts of the billboard to make the bags. The example was of a punching fist, possibly Thor’s.
Disney removed the store listing and Facebook post, but I found a copy of the image in Google cache

The color scheme does seem like "Thor: Ragnarok" to me, but I can't find a billboard that would fit.
https://insidethemagic.net/2017/10/v...eyland-resort/

Edit: Actually, with the hand dripping water, and the V shape being the top of the N, I'm pretty sure this is the same Iron Man 3 billboard I thought your Paramount logo might come from.
Old 03-26-19, 03:28 PM

I ended up getting this one because it was on sale. Looks like it might be from the same billboard based on the yellow and the green. Anyway, with a 15% discount it came out to $83 shipped. Will be able to use it on my upcoming trip.

Old 03-26-19, 03:31 PM

From their website :STEP 2 - CUT IT

We love typography, colors, and abstract designs. We aren't into faces, food, or logos and our team has strict cutting guidelines. We wash and cut the vinyl in our Los Angeles headquarters, creating unique designs for every product.

BTW : Now that I see the image they used, I don't blame you at all -- I'd spend 4000 points on that one. The Marvel Studio logo is pretty cool in either case.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.