Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Live.com Cashback for EBay Again! 10% as of 12/20/09

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Live.com Cashback for EBay Again! 10% as of 12/20/09

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-08, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DthRdrX
This may sound stupid but can someone help me out?

I have a 15% coupon via Ebay and I'm trying to buy a receiver with it and the 30% Live deal. I am getting the checkout screen with the "commit to buy" button. There is no where to enter the coupon though!? I certainly don't want to click commit to buy unless I know I can enter the 15% coupon?

Any ideas? Thanks!
I tried to use an ebay discount coupon plus the cashback feature a few days ago and it would not allow me to use the discount with the cashback.
Old 11-28-08, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still getting error messages:

"This site is temporarily unavailable, please check back soon."
Old 11-28-08, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kayak99
I tried to use an ebay discount coupon plus the cashback feature a few days ago and it would not allow me to use the discount with the cashback.
That's odd. Yesterday, I used a 10% off Ebay coupon with the 25% off live.com with no problems.
Old 11-28-08, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by sotra
live.com stays active for 60 minutes even when you leave the site. So, I just activated live.com and headed over to big crumbs and clicked on their ebay link. Also got cashback from my credit card
Good luck with that, but you may have screwed yourself. The eBay/live cashback says it is only eligible with certain eBay coupons/discounts, and not other offers. There have been many reports that MS is checking up and denying many cashbacks from people who tried to combine offers contrary to the cashback terms. So, your cashbaack may not show up, unless you get lucky.
Old 11-28-08, 09:17 PM

Does PayPal deduct their usual fees from any money live.com puts in your account?
Old 11-29-08, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Frozen
Does PayPal deduct their usual fees from any money live.com puts in your account?
I am almost positive that the answer is no.
Old 11-29-08, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I have gotton cash back and had no fees aken out.........Also anyone who wants to try to save more than the maximum 200 dollars, there are ways but it takes finagling, but very possible.........
Old 11-29-08, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 244 Likes on 155 Posts
It's back to 30% this morning.
Old 11-29-08, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I was skeptical at first (even with all the positive posts here just how I am), bought something at around 40 dollars and about an hour later got an email showing cashback. I just now bought a PS3 that I have been putting off buying for about a year now (got the limited gunmetal grey). Thanks a bunch! Now to buy a Blu-ray disc, leaning towards Planet Earth for about 40 buck after discount.
Old 11-29-08, 03:15 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
I sign into live cashback, but can't find a link to ebay anywhere.
Old 11-29-08, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 914 Likes on 649 Posts
go to live.com(not the cashback area of the site) and just put "Wii" into the search box. The first result will be ebay with the cashback coupon. Click it to enter ebay and activate the coupon. Then you can search for whatever you want. I think you have 60 minutes to use it otherwise you have to go back through live.com again.
Old 11-29-08, 03:57 PM

Thanks! Maybe I'll get my PS3 tonight.
Old 11-29-08, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
That's odd. Yesterday, I used a 10% off Ebay coupon with the 25% off live.com with no problems.
Not sure what to say, I tried it twice but no luck. I got a message saying the discount could not be taken with my transaction. I'd saved another $50 if it had worked. Probably no one at ebay for me to complain to though.
Old 11-29-08, 09:04 PM

Got it to work, browsing buy-it-now PS3s. Hesitant to take the plunge, as a lot of the sellers look a little sketchy, most are refurbished, and as soon as I click buy Amazon or Best Buy or someone will have a better deal.
Old 11-30-08, 04:19 AM

I've looked at the live cash back page and can't seem to find my answer.

Does my ebay account have to be under my live/hotmail email address? I'd rather not have to create a new ebay account with my hotmail address.

Thanks for the help!
Old 11-30-08, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ No, it doesn't. In the settings for your live.com cashback account, you add the PayPal address you used for the purchase at eBay as the payout PayPal address for the live.com address. That's how Live knows who you are at PayPal.

So, eBay, PayPal, and Live can all have different email addresses for you. However, if PayPal and eBay have different email addresses for you, you can't get those 10% or 15% or whatever coupons that sometimes come through. (Mine are the same, and I've never gotten those coupons, but it's still possible, I guess...)

^^Trevor, I also responded where you asked this in the Secret Agent thread, but it looks like you got it figured out. In the other thread, I mentioned I got a used 60GB PS3 with the 30% back, and it works great! Obviously, YMMV, but FWIW, I had a good experience.

As for BB or whatever having a better deal, it's certainly possible. The problem is that most of the prices on eBay, especially for BIN items, adjusted upwards because of the cashback. It's a basic supply-demand equilibrium, and since there was suddenly 43% (1/.7=1.43) more cash available for any buyers that wanted to use the cashback, prices went up (the definition of inflation) by something a little less than 43%.

The only time to really get in and get a *great* deal is immediately after the cashback offer begins. At that point, you're shopping with a purchasing power of 43% more than what the sellers expected you to have when they set their prices and listed their auctions. Otherwise, you have to keep checking and hope to get somebody who posted an auction who didn't do their research or didn't know about the cashback, or whatever, and set the BIN price too low. I missed out on 2 other PS3s that were bought before I could get them, and finally got mine less than 5 minutes after it was listed. None of these were listed by professional sellers--just by individuals selling their stuff.

My $110 cashback is scheduled to become available 3 or 4 days from now. I haven't had trouble getting my other cashbacks processed, but this is my first big payout. Fingers crossed...

Last edited by Cheato; 11-30-08 at 09:20 AM. Reason: small mistake
Old 11-30-08, 08:47 AM

Thanks Cheato.

I've decided to stick to my usual plan and only buy 360s and PS3s thru Costco. Lifetime warranty and price protection is better than $150 or so off and risking a used/refurbished system.

It is pretty much a given that the systems will either break or drop significantly in price sometime in the future, and I love having that lifetime Costco protection.

But I will be using the ebay/live 30% to pick up RockBand 2 and perhaps some other games and accessories.
Old 11-30-08, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
I'm getting the same thing
"We are having technical difficulties. Please try again later!"
I can't even find ebay live chat help. Should I leave the windows open, save the pages I'm getting, keep trying? What I bought isn't a great price without the cashback.

edit; I got the message in my ebay messages folder and clicked it here. Will that suffice?
Also, I don't want to wait 60 days for it anyone know why in some cases it's virtually instant?

Last edited by tonyc3742; 11-30-08 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-30-08, 02:36 PM

wow i checked this page 2 hours ago and my wife has already used up her $200 cashback on ebay and I've used about $100 of mine.

Thanks

Also the first cash back I was getting was 49, well it's pending, but before I did my 2nd account I went and updated all my cashback account info and added paypal account om there, so when I did my 2nd purchase it showed up asap.
Old 11-30-08, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Just picked up a Canon SX110 for $222, with 30% CB.
Old 11-30-08, 08:56 PM

Well with our 5th try we are having problems with this. We bought a PSP and was going to get like $51 back, we did the search, buy it now like the other 4, it showed the cashback, click to buy it, then click to pay, paypal sends us a email saying we paid, but ebay is saying he havent paid. So until ebay says we paid live.com wont know. I've talked to ebay via chat and they told me many members have contacted them about this and they are working on it. He told me I could just like "mark as paid" but that would do me no good, they must mark it. grrrr. oh well this will get worked out. Still saved almost $200 today
Old 12-01-08, 12:04 AM

So how long does it take to get the email in the ebay inbox? I placed my orders over an hour ago and am a nervous nillie over here.

Also, I noticed that on both orders that I placed, on the ebay items won page it doesn't say that I have paid. My paypal account says that I have paid, but ebay doesn't. I marked one as payment sent, but now reading the above poster's post... is that going to mess me up?

Thanks for the info from everyone's experience.
Old 12-01-08, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DarbyD53
wow i checked this page 2 hours ago and my wife has already used up her $200 cashback on ebay and I've used about $100 of mine.
You should read the details more carefully.

Terms last time I checked:

Up to $200 cashback PER PURCHASE.

Up to *12* BIN purchases on eBay.

Up to $2500 cashback PER ACCOUNT (that would include all cashbacks, such as cashback from DD, Circuit City, etc.).
Old 12-01-08, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by TLwizard
So how long does it take to get the email in the ebay inbox? I placed my orders over an hour ago and am a nervous nillie over here.

Also, I noticed that on both orders that I placed, on the ebay items won page it doesn't say that I have paid. My paypal account says that I have paid, but ebay doesn't. I marked one as payment sent, but now reading the above poster's post... is that going to mess me up?

Thanks for the info from everyone's experience.
I talked to ebay last night around 9central and they said they were having a lot of problems with it showing payment, and in a email I got today from them, they are claiming it's paypal slacking. said everything should be working soon though
Old 12-01-08, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
I have yet to try the Cashback feature, but 30% off is very tempting. A Sonos box for $200.... hummm.

Overall most of you would say it's a good process? How long does it take for the funds to show up? Does their destination vary depending on the deal (e.g. eBay/PayPal versus some generic partner that doesn't require Paypal)?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.