Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

BestBuy bucks strategies??

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

BestBuy bucks strategies??

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-06, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I received the Superman set I ordered with BBB and it was crushed to high hell. They put those air bags on top of the set, but the set itself was wedged into the bottom part of the box with nothing around it.

Needless to say I've got to make a trip to the local store to (hopefully) exchange.
Old 01-06-07, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question for everyone,

i used my BBB back in november to buy a xm skifi reciever instore. i hated it so i returned it and got the cash that i paid back. my question is, should i get the $$ that i used via BBB back as a gift card, or is that credit just lost to me? i know that earlier in the thread it said that if you got an order cancelled online that you lost the credit but i am not sure if this would be the same situation.
Old 01-06-07, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by kevin75
question for everyone,

i used my BBB back in november to buy a xm skifi reciever instore. i hated it so i returned it and got the cash that i paid back. my question is, should i get the $$ that i used via BBB back as a gift card, or is that credit just lost to me? i know that earlier in the thread it said that if you got an order cancelled online that you lost the credit but i am not sure if this would be the same situation.

You don't get the BBB back. The only time I've received the value of the BBB back from BB via a gift card is when I had done pre-orders online using BBB that were later cancelled by Best Buy (and only get a gift card after calling and complaining to BB corporate). You lose the BBB on anything you cancel or return that was purchased using BBB. However, if an item purchased with BBB is defective or just broken and still w/in the warranty period, you can take it in to BB and get an exchange on that item, but they will not give you store credit.

If you purchased something with BBB and just ended up not liking it, you're better off selling it on eBay or giving it to an friend (unless you paid with a lot of cash as well) as you will not get back your BBB.
Old 01-06-07, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

darn, i was afraid you were going to say that.
Old 01-06-07, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
They are basically coupons for $X.xx off your purchase.
Old 01-08-07, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kevin75
darn, i was afraid you were going to say that.
Yes, it's lost if you do a return.

What you can try though is to do an exchange - find an item or a few items that's the same price or a little higher that what you want to return.

If the clerk seems friendly enough, just explain that you used BBB and don't want to lose that value.
Old 01-09-07, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

it's too late. i have already returned the item. i have been trying to get my BBB credit back but have been running into a brick wall. i was just curious if i had any hope.
Old 01-10-07, 04:16 PM

Sorry but you're toast. As I recall, it stated specifically in the rules that if you return an item, the BBB value is lost. Those that got some value on a returned item were lucky.

As noted above, you can only exchange for the exact item or something else that has the same or higher dollar value.

My story was that I had an item cancelled online (only $40 BBB) of which they didn't reactivate the codes (said they would). So I just ended up using those in store.
Old 01-10-07, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Heat
What you can try though is to do an exchange - find an item or a few items that's the same price or a little higher that what you want to return.
Or do what I did. I got two Wii games I knew I didn't want and returned them after Christmas (even "on sale" they cost $49.99). Best Buy accepts up to $150 worth of merchandise without a receipt a few weeks after Christmas. Now I have $100 on gift cards that I can use on anything I want - like Wario Ware: Smooth Moves which comes out next week.