Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

I need printer ink, where is the cheapest?

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-05, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I need some ink....I would like to know a good place to get some cheap. I do not want refills or injection systems. I would prefer 1st party ink, as I have never used off-brand.

I have a HP PSC 1210 (I need BLACK) & Epson R300 printers (just ordered...so I don't need ink for that).

Thanks!
Old 03-16-05, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
You say you 'prefer' first party, but I've use carts from 123inkjets.com two or three times, and never had a problem. I have a Canon s600, and at 123. they're about 4.95 each, and I usually get free shipping and 10% off. Not sure how much it would be for your model, but i figured as cheap as that is, it's worth a try.
Old 03-16-05, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks....I'll look into that. Any coupons? Also, how fast do they ship?
Old 03-16-05, 07:29 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Ok, I need some ink....I would like to know a good place to get some cheap. I do not want refills or injection systems. I would prefer 1st party ink, as I have never used off-brand.

I have a HP PSC 1210 (I need BLACK) & Epson R300 printers (just ordered...so I don't need ink for that).

Thanks!
For the "original" inks, I use pricegrabber or froogle for the price shopping.

However, I can't remember the last time I bought an original ink cart. I always use no name brands. I've done so for years with no printing problems. The best place to get ink is eBay. You can find everything you need there. I usually get 4-5 ink carts. for the price of 1 original. I have been buying from eforcity on ebay of late. Or you can buy direct from eforcity.com. I also have a coupon for them that may or may not work now. It is: Xmas04. Good for 5 off 20 purchase. Hopefully it still works for you. If not, I can still say that the inks there work, work well, and are a great value.
Old 03-16-05, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
One coupon code for 123....is 'welcome', good for 5% off. You may need to enter their little contest to activate it. I get occassional emails from them, maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks, usually with a 10% off coupon code.
A 'remanufactured' black cart for your printer is 15.95, an HP one is 19.95; I'm not sure how much they are from Office Depot or whatever, so I don't know if that price is competitive. It doesn't look like they offer an 'offbrand' for your printer, but I may have chosen the wrong model.
I don't recall exactly how long my last order took, but I know I was surprised by how quickly it arrived. I think the order was placed on a Sunday night, and I got the carts on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Old 03-16-05, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok....for photo printing, do the generic inks work just as good? I'm thinking down the line for my Epson R300.

I'm sure the black for my PSC 1210 I can use anything. 123inkjets was about the same price though
Old 03-16-05, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I do a lot of photo printing and usually haven't had any problems with Carrot Ink, until recently. The ink isn't sticking to the paper. But I think it may be a printer issue. I'm still looking into it.

I've also tried out myprintpal. The quality from those were sub par, and I received a couple cartridges that wouldn't even work.
Old 03-16-05, 09:33 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

best thing i would recommend is do a search at pricegrabber.com, it will be the cheapest.
Old 03-16-05, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone ever use meritline.com for ink? Price seems good.....I can get a set for the R300 for $25+shipping. Just wondering if the quality is any good, especially for printing photos and printing on DVD's
Old 03-16-05, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

just FYI I used eforcity a couple times and last time I boguht from them they took two weeks to ship my damn ink.
Old 03-16-05, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I just bought some Office Depot Black Ink for the HP. I only use that printer for documents and copies and stuff, so hopefully the Office Depot brand Ink is ok.

As for the EPSON, we'll see how long they last....hoepfully I can find some deals on them when I need to replace them. Meritline seemed like a great price, just worried about quality.
Old 03-16-05, 01:22 PM

If buying from 123inkjets.com you can use the coupon "save10" for ten percent off. I think you have to spend $50.00 though.
Old 03-16-05, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've used Carrot Ink for years in my Epsons without a single problem. Great ink and excellent service.

www.carrotink.com
Old 03-16-05, 10:40 PM

I use inkdaddy.com. There was a 40% off code floating around. I've done photo printing with no problems.
Old 03-17-05, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Inkdaddy.com seems to be ok if I can round up a 40% coupon.

12 cartridges for the R300 are $70

http://www.inkdaddy.com/cgi-bin/WebO...&isSpecial=yes
Old 03-17-05, 12:44 PM

For inkdaddy.com try "daddy40" and see if it is still valid.
Old 03-17-05, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GeoffreyL
For inkdaddy.com try "daddy40" and see if it is still valid.
Hmmm, still works....what is the shelf life on generic ink? I should get my printer today, so I'll have have full inks already.

Anyone else use inkdaddy? Good quality ink? any problems with photo printing or DVD printing?
Old 03-18-05, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Inkdaddy.com seems to be ok if I can round up a 40% coupon.

12 cartridges for the R300 are $70

http://www.inkdaddy.com/cgi-bin/WebO...&isSpecial=yes

you can get that many on ebay for around $45.

Originally Posted by nekobus
I've used Carrot Ink for years in my Epsons without a single problem. Great ink and excellent service.

www.carrotink.com
I looked at them, and it looks like they are priced slightly higher than most.

Today I bought a continuous ink flow system with 660 ml of ink for my epson R200. With shipping it was $103 and now I will be able to buy bulk ink. Anyway I did some research before buying and it seems like the very best thing for those of us who use a lot of ink. Below is a link to the auction I won if anyone is interested in checking out the system. I found lots of websites that sell these systems but decided on getting this one because of the guys feedback. I can post back later my experience if anyone cares.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

I'm not by any means trying to promote this guys auctions, just showing what I bought today.
Old 03-18-05, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by KennyBoy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

I'm not by any means trying to promote this guys auctions, just showing what I bought today.
Wow, that is beyond cool! Make sure you tell us how it works when you get it! And post some more pics if you can... I'm still a little puzzled on how that thing fits together (I've got an R300 too, so I'm very interested...)
Old 03-18-05, 12:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
There is thread in the FW forums that talk about swiftink.com , you may want to check it out.
Old 03-18-05, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
I second votes for:
www.carrotink.com
www.swiftink.com

Yeah, they may be a littler pricier than others, but that's because, on the average, they have higher quality.
Old 03-21-05, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmmm, still works....what is the shelf life on generic ink? I should get my printer today, so I'll have have full inks already.

Anyone else use inkdaddy? Good quality ink? any problems with photo printing or DVD printing?
OK I ordered from inkdaddy. Let me preface by saying that my wife and I are just average printer-users: nothing fancy-schmancy, just regular text pages and my wife prints photos for her scrapbooking. We don't have a super-duper printer, just your average everyday Epson C82. Anyway, we usually pay $20-$24 each for the black cartridges, and $10-$12 each for the blue, magenta, and yellow - so about $50-$60 for just one of each color. I ordered a 12 pack (3 of each color) from inkdaddy. The total, with the 40% off (thanks!!) and the shipping (kind of high - $6-$7), was $46. I ordered after midnight Thursday night, got the "it shipped" email on Friday, and they were at my door Monday (USPS Priority mail Texas to Michigan). I apologize I can't give a more "professional" assesment as to the quality of the ink, but after one night of printing a few pages and photos, we see no difference to our (very) untrained eyes!
Old 03-22-05, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for the review....I may give them a try when my Epson R300 starts to get low on ink.
Old 03-22-05, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My recommendation is: http://private.abacus24-7.com/

I get Canon black cartridges for $1.25 and color for $1.75. My experience has been that quality is very good. A place like carrot ink charges $4.50 and $8.95 for the same cartridges while Swift charges $3.95 and $5.95. That's like 300-400% more expensive. Maybe the ink is better in some way at the pricer places but the quality of the Abacus ink looks good to me.

The kicker is Abacus warranty the cartridges for a year and will give a refund for any purchase for up to a year.

"If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with your Abacus 24-7 purchase, you may return it within 1 year for a replacement or, or if you prefer, full refund."

This company is also a member of the BBB and has no complaints while they have been members since May 2001.

Last edited by namlook; 03-22-05 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-23-05, 11:33 AM

Two computers ago I used to have a program that would reduce the ink used in printing.

It's widely known that the printers use more ink than necessary, so you will buy cartridges more often... I used to use a program that would examine the document and adjust the ink output to a more reasonable level. I never noticed any reduction in quality.

I have forgotten the name of the program (think it was freeware/shareware).... anyone know of the program? (probably several)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.