DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   I Can't Believe It's STILL Not on Blu ray (or 4K)! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/652081-i-cant-believe-its-still-not-blu-ray-4k.html)

dex14 04-07-21 06:57 PM

Re: I Can't Believe It's STILL Not on Blu ray (or 4K)!

The Sony MOD are pressed discs. It’s the same was Warner Archive.

Bluelitespecial 04-08-21 10:49 PM

The Neverending Story has had a 4k remaster available in Germany but not the US. :mad:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the...lusive.172831/

Bluelitespecial 05-12-21 09:24 PM

Twister needs a new remaster for 4K and Blu-ray. The current Blu-ray transfer looks lifeless and pretty dull.

Alan Smithee 05-12-21 10:50 PM

It had an intentional dark and cloudy-weather look to it on film. There were more equipment reflections in that movie than in any other, I'd be afraid of them being digitally erased in any remaster.

JeffTheAlpaca 05-13-21 01:07 AM

I know it was not a huge hit but it would be cool if this was on Blu-ray

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...0ba922dfdb.jpg

JeffTheAlpaca 05-16-21 09:37 AM

Dead Zone 7/27/2021 from Shout Factory

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...8796090b78.jpg

Josh-da-man 06-19-21 06:46 AM

This was posted a couple of days ago in a Q&A on TVLine.com:

Any word as to whether WandaVision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier and other upcoming Marvel shows will ever be released on Blu-ray? –Jan

Ooh, interesting question, especially for those who love their physical media. Alas, I am hearing that at this time, there are no plans to do so. But never say never!
Doesn't bode well for getting the Star Wars or MCU Disney+ series released on blu-ray or 4K.

Mike86 06-19-21 10:42 AM

That’s a bummer. I would like to get the various Star Wars shows on some type of physical format. I realize a good chunk of The Clone Wars is available, but I would like new releases and the entire series.

milo bloom 06-19-21 11:23 AM

I’d be all over a nice physical release of Mandalorian, especially with a nice art book or something.

And this is just wishful thinking but maybe an extra disc for each season with all the episodes cut together into a movie.

Bluelitespecial 06-19-21 11:31 AM

If Disney understood the real fans of Star Wars they might know that we would actually buy The Mandalorian on blu-ray or 4k as it's the only thing they have done related to Star Wars that I would mention in the same breathe as the Original Trilogy.

Kurt D 06-19-21 01:24 PM

They can't keep subscribers who only want MCU and SW stuff if those things are available on physical media! Shuh!

JeffTheAlpaca 06-19-21 09:02 PM

They want people to be lifetime subscribers of Disney + and never release those shows and movies on disc.

Gizmo 06-20-21 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 13947379)
If Disney understood the real fans of Star Wars they might know that we would actually buy The Mandalorian on blu-ray or 4k as it's the only thing they have done related to Star Wars that I would mention in the same breathe as the Original Trilogy.

They know…but they want your monthly rate and not a one time purchase. Disney will drop physical support eventually altogether. Monthly over a one time $15 purchase

Mike86 06-20-21 12:48 PM

There are plenty of fans who are suckers who would but physical releases and still keep a Disney+ account active. I get the mentality that they probably have but it’s kind of dumb and leaving some money on the table.

Josh-da-man 06-20-21 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Gizmo (Post 13947641)
They know…but they want your monthly rate and not a one time purchase. Disney will drop physical support eventually altogether. Monthly over a one time $15 purchase

Yeah, that day is, unfortunately, coming. That constant revenue stream is attractive.

There's going to be one big Disney movie release in the future that isn't going to end up on DVD, blu-ray, or 4K.

Any mention of a release of Black Widow on disc? I always figured the movie Disney wouldn't release on disc would be something like Frozen 3, or Avengers 4/Young Avengers ("The only way to watch this movie at home is on Disney+!"), but with the pandemic putting theatrical releases on hold for over a year, I could see them using the disruption as an opportunity to stop releasing movies on disc. And then, Black Widow (and all major Disney releases going forward) will quietly become a Disney+ exclusive.

Adam Tyner 06-20-21 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 13947742)
Any mention of a release of Black Widow on disc?

Nothing official yet, but windows have tightened to the point that announcements frequently precede releases by only a few weeks.

Bluelitespecial 06-20-21 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca (Post 13947517)
They want people to be lifetime subscribers of Disney + and never release those shows and movies on disc.

The way I use streaming services its usually for one or two months at a time when there is something I want to watch and after I'm done watching that show or movie I'll cancel it. Its just too expensive to keep a number of streaming services going every month.

Mike86 06-20-21 08:46 PM

I bet Black Widow still will get a home media release. Other films that premiered on Disney+ like Raya and the Last Dragon, Soul, and Mulan saw releases.

Gizmo 06-21-21 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 13947765)
The way I use streaming services its usually for one or two months at a time when there is something I want to watch and after I'm done watching that show or movie I'll cancel it. Its just too expensive to keep a number of streaming services going every month.

I account share with others, since I see no point in paying for 6 services. Netflix and my $2 Hulu promotion are always a go, as in my 3 year Disney+. Everything else... $2-4 for a month at a time. no way would I pay $15 for HBO Max, but $4? Sure.

milo bloom 06-21-21 01:26 PM

Yeah, we're account sharing too. There's no way we'd be paying full price for things like Disney or HBOMax.

dvd-4-life 06-24-21 09:23 AM

Amazing Colossal Man.

It may have never made it to DVD(not sure about laserdisc).

I think the other two movies of the trilogy(The Cyclops and War of the Colossal Beast) are both available on blu-ray.

John Galt 09-26-21 09:25 AM

Anyone know of a good resource for films available for purchase on digital but not on Blu Ray? Other than a few threads like this, I really haven't found anything definitive.

Inhumans99 09-28-21 04:11 PM

I mention this every few years, Alligator, directed by Lewis Teague, screenplay by John Sayles. It is not even available to digitally purchase in HD. Other than a long OOP DVD, no one has pounced on this title. It is a well received man vs nature/animal film, it stars Robert Forster, and John Sayles is associated with this film. It remains a mystery to this day why a boutique label has not come out with a blu ray edition. Such is life, but expect me to moan again about this title still not being out on blu ray sooner than later, lol.

Daytripper 09-29-21 09:57 PM

For those who care. And I've been waiting for this one for a while :)

tommyp007 09-30-21 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by tommyp007 (Post 13864126)
Bullets Over Broadway

Finally on BD this November!!!