HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Batman Beyond -- The Complete Series

Old 07-25-19, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Batman Beyond -- The Complete Series

The link in the first post says Return of the Joker is included. The description on the official DC store pre-order page includes it as well.
Old 07-25-19, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Never watched a second of it despite being a huge BTAS fan. My son and I are still slowly going through that complete set but should be done well before this comes out.
Old 07-25-19, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
Timm and company made an epilogue to the series but it's part of the JLU series.
They should include it. It was a very good ending to the series.
Old 07-25-19, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll have no need to own it right away if they put it on DC Universe like they did BTAS.

I'm still salty about the whole Dick Grayson/Babs/Bruce crap that Timm put in there (though I don't remember if they actually reveal it in the series itself).
Old 07-25-19, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. Several Marvel writers along with people who worked on this series did or are planning to do a formal pitch to revive the X-Men series and bring it to the Disney+ service.
...and while I could absolutely see X-Men coming to Disney+, their attitude towards season Blu-ray sets in general doesnít inspire a lot of confidence in a high-def physical release. Iíd love to be wrong, of course!
Old 07-25-19, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
I'll have no need to own it right away if they put it on DC Universe like they did BTAS.

I'm still salty about the whole Dick Grayson/Babs/Bruce crap that Timm put in there (though I don't remember if they actually reveal it in the series itself).
Only the 1st season will be released on DC Universe for now. They did something similar with Batman the animated series last year. They want to sell box sets 1st. The rest were posted months later.
Old 07-25-19, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I feel like for the most part, the DC Timmverse holds up. I can't say the same for X-men the animated series or Spider-man. Just the style of animation alone doesn't hold up.
Old 07-25-19, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
I can't say the same for X-men the animated series or Spider-man. Just the style of animation alone doesn't hold up.
Yeah, they told good stories but the weak animation failed. Feels like they were trying to mimic Jim Lee. The Japanese style intro would have held up and looks more like Lee's art from the early 90's.