Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Veep: The Complete 1st season (Julia Louis-Dreyfus HBO Comedy) -- Coming March 26th

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Veep: The Complete 1st season (Julia Louis-Dreyfus HBO Comedy) -- Coming March 26th

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-12, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Today HBO has announced that Veep - The Complete 1st Season is coming to Blu-ray Disc and DVD on March 26th. The 2-disc DVD version is priced at $39.98 SRP, and includes extras in the form of 12 Audio Commentaries, Deleted Scenes, Outtakes, and Featurettes: "The Making of Veep," "Veep: Misspoke," and "Veep: Obesity." There's also a 3-disc Blu-ray/DVD combo set for $49.99 SRP, will include the same bonus material plus both digital copy and UltraViolet copies of the episodes (must be redeemed within 2 years of street date).

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/17836#ixzz2EJa50QVz

Artwork is on the link above. Surprised there is 12 Audio commentaries for the 8 episodes. I guess a few of the episodes have more than 1 commentary.

This show IMO was quite underrated last season. It's really dark humor, but it ended up fricking hilarious.
Old 12-06-12, 05:18 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Veep: The Complete 1st season (Julia Louis-Dreyfus HBO Comedy) -- Coming March 2

I dunno, I finally watched this season on HBOGo, and it was just okay for me. I think this kind of dulled the impact after seeing The Newsroom. After that, Veep felt a little hollow. But damn Anna Chlumsky turned into quite the hot babe. Not sure if that's enough to pick up on Blu.
Old 12-07-12, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Veep: The Complete 1st season (Julia Louis-Dreyfus HBO Comedy) -- Coming March 2

Loved the show, Digital Bits seems to think this is a DVD only release though.
Old 12-07-12, 11:40 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

well, if the internets says it is so then it has to be true! it has to be!!
Old 12-07-12, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by trespoochies
I dunno, I finally watched this season on HBOGo, and it was just okay for me. I think this kind of dulled the impact after seeing The Newsroom. After that, Veep felt a little hollow.
Veep >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Newsroom.
Old 12-07-12, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

How can you compare Veep and The Newsroom?

Veep is a 30 minute dark comedy and The Newsroom is a 1 hour dramedy about the TV news business.
Old 12-07-12, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are both excellent shows, but The Newsroom stood out as an unbelievably high level of television, in my opinion. Either way, good news about Veep being released.
Old 12-07-12, 02:39 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
How can you compare Veep and The Newsroom?

Veep is a 30 minute dark comedy and The Newsroom is a 1 hour dramedy about the TV news business.
Both are meant to be satires calling out US politcs. While I respect Josh's opinion, for me it's definitely The Newsroom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Veep.
Old 12-08-12, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts

I like Aaron Sorkin's other shows (even Studio 60), but The Newsroom plays like a collection of all of his worst tics as a writer shashed together into one place. If he's going to be so balls-out preachy in every episode, it would help if he actually knew anything about the topic he's ranting on. Unfortunately, as demonstrated by the show, Sorkin knows absolutely nothing about broadcast journalism. That he would have the audacity to lecture others about what good journalism should be, while having no conception of how the profession actually works, is embarrassing.

Veep, meanwhile, is smart and funny, and is written by people who know politics inside and out. Veep is everything that The Newsroom wishes it could be.