Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official Twilight Time Blu-ray Thread

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

The Official Twilight Time Blu-ray Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-15, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Re: The Official Twilight Time Blu-ray Thread

Originally Posted by slop101
I wonder if they'll be able to keep all the extras from the Panic Room dvd, which took up two discs and were better than the movie itself.
Given it's TT, I doubt it, but it would be nice. If it were Shout, no doubt they would be ported over.
Old 12-15-15, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

Shout Factory is taking its sweet time releasing the Nineteen Eighty Four Blu ray. It should have been released a week ago. And so far I haven't received so much as a confirmation.
Old 12-15-15, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
No mention of the Benjamin Button Criterion?
The original Blu release of Benjamin Button was a Criterion release.
Old 12-15-15, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PatD
Shout Factory is taking its sweet time releasing the Nineteen Eighty Four Blu ray. It should have been released a week ago. And so far I haven't received so much as a confirmation.
Waiting for mine too.

This note is on the front page of the Screen Archives site:

December 11th - The following titles, KINGS GO FORTH, 1984 and MYSTERIOUS ISLAND will arrive next week. HARLOCK has been delayed due to improvement upgrades. We will remove HARLOCK from orders as this will go past the allowed banking hold times, anyone who has paid via PayPal will be refunded. You will then be able to re-order with the next batch of Twilight Time titles that will go live for pre-order January 6th, 2016 at 4pm Eastern.
Old 12-15-15, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PatD
I just got a shipping notice a couple hours ago.
Old 12-15-15, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 987 Likes on 696 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Given it's TT, I doubt it, but it would be nice. If it were Shout, no doubt they would be ported over.
TT has actually been pretty consistent in porting over dvd extras recently. I would think that at the very least they would fit whatever they could on a single disc.

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
The original Blu release of Benjamin Button was a Criterion release.
Not really though. Paramount more or less just licensed the Criterion brand name for that release. That's why the blu-ray comes in a regular blue case and it can be found for
Old 12-15-15, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,023 Likes on 844 Posts

Man, I remember going through all those Panic Room extras. Very well done, and I like the movie well enough as a thriller. Haven't seen it in years, though.
Old 12-15-15, 05:31 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 922 Likes on 776 Posts

i loved PR. not sure what the hate over it is for. Loved The Game as well. thought it was one of the most taut thrillers i've ever seen...
Old 12-15-15, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Waiting for mine too.

This note is on the front page of the Screen Archives site:

December 11th - The following titles, KINGS GO FORTH, 1984 and MYSTERIOUS ISLAND will arrive next week. HARLOCK has been delayed due to improvement upgrades. We will remove HARLOCK from orders as this will go past the allowed banking hold times, anyone who has paid via PayPal will be refunded. You will then be able to re-order with the next batch of Twilight Time titles that will go live for pre-order January 6th, 2016 at 4pm Eastern.
That's bullshit. What if you saved money on shipping by buying several items at once?
Old 12-15-15, 06:29 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 922 Likes on 776 Posts

wait, i have to reorder Harlock on Jan 6?
Old 12-15-15, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
I loved The Game. I remember liking Panic Room for a thriller but haven't seen it in years.
I like them too, but they're certainly the bottom of the barrel as far as his non-Alien3 filmography goes.

I'll be buying this for sure but I have to be honest and say I'm more excited about finishing my Fincher collection than I am about owning Panic Room on Blu.

Even in the DVD days the crappy non-anamorphic bare-bones release of The Game made the Fincher collection seem incomplete. When Twilight Time gets this one out it'll be the first time his filmography is available on the current format with a consistent quality of presentation.
Old 12-15-15, 11:17 PM

[QUOTE=rocket1312;12672428]Not really though. Paramount more or less just licensed the Criterion brand name for that release. That's why the blu-ray comes in a regular blue case and it can be found for
Old 12-16-15, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy
wait, i have to reorder Harlock on Jan 6?
No, they changed their mind:

"December 14 - HARLOCK DELAY / NO REORDER NECESSARY! $5 SHIPPING CREDIT TO BE APPLIED

Customers who ordered Harlock do not have to reorder. Your order will be filled as soon as the title arrives.

Our policy is to NOT charge customers until an item is shipped; however, the delay of Harlock is a special circumstance.

All customers who order Harlock will also receive a $5 credit that can be used on a future order www.screenarchives.com"
Old 12-16-15, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DvdClon
No, they changed their mind:

"December 14 - HARLOCK DELAY / NO REORDER NECESSARY! $5 SHIPPING CREDIT TO BE APPLIED

Customers who ordered Harlock do not have to reorder. Your order will be filled as soon as the title arrives.

Our policy is to NOT charge customers until an item is shipped; however, the delay of Harlock is a special circumstance.

All customers who order Harlock will also receive a $5 credit that can be used on a future order www.screenarchives.com"
Yeah, that makes a lot more sense. I brought this up to them on their Facebook page and I guess that gave them enough pause to reverse their initial strategy. I had Fabulous Baker Boys as a sale item and was more than willing to wait for Harlock anyway. The $5 shipping credit is nice because I'm sure there will be another title I'm interested in somewhere down the road. Typically SAE and Twilight Time (despite their high prices) have excellent customer service and I'm happy to order from them anytime.
Old 12-16-15, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have never had a problem ordering from SAE other than their shipping prices suck. Too spoiled by free shipping nowadays. Their customer service is fantastic. I have only had one or two problems with an order from them and they fixed it right away.

That's great about the $5 coupon though I am sure it will expire before their annual Twilight Time sale.
Old 12-16-15, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

[QUOTE=rocket1312;12672428]
Not really though. Paramount more or less just licensed the Criterion brand name for that release. That's why the blu-ray comes in a regular blue case and it can be found for
Old 12-16-15, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 899 Likes on 723 Posts

All I can say is, they need to release more Horror and obscure B films. These sell, even at TT's boutique level pricing. They're slamdunks for TT. Right now it seems they are dredging the bottom of the barrel. Or, are there simply no more horror and obscure / cult films for them to release?
Old 12-16-15, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I want more of those sort of titles on BD, too ,but not from TT. They put out many titles I want - Bronson stuff, '80s horror, westerns - but these films are worth $15, maybe $20 a pop. $35 each shipped? I'm fucking over that. It bums me out when I find out they've gotten a title I want.
Old 12-16-15, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree. I'm very bummed that they seemed to have ended up with Panic Room. One of my most wanted BD's to complete my Fincher collection.
Old 12-16-15, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
I agree. I'm very bummed that they seemed to have ended up with Panic Room. One of my most wanted BD's to complete my Fincher collection.
I'm with you buddy. I liked it a lot better when Sony hadn't licensed it and had no plans to release it. I also liked it a lot better when it looked like Mill Creek had the rights which undoubtedly would have resulted in a no-frills bargain-bin release.

In all seriousness I applaud TT for their business model. I only have 6 or 7 of their titles but I can easily rationalize dropping $35 when I remember that $5-10 Blu-rays easily outnumber the boutique label releases (and I'm including Criterion, Shout etc.) in my collection 5:1 if not 10:1.
Old 12-16-15, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
I'm with you buddy. I liked it a lot better when Sony hadn't licensed it and had no plans to release it. I also liked it a lot better when it looked like Mill Creek had the rights which undoubtedly would have resulted in a no-frills bargain-bin release.
It should have been part of the new line that includes Dracula and the The Fifth Element

In all seriousness I applaud TT for their business model. I only have 6 or 7 of their titles but I can easily rationalize dropping $35 when I remember that $5-10 Blu-rays easily outnumber the boutique label releases (and I'm including Criterion, Shout etc.) in my collection 5:1 if not 10:1.
And I'm serious when I say I feel exactly the opposite. I own one title (Fright Night) because they actually brought something new to the table beyond isolated audio tracks (which I zero interest in).
Old 12-16-15, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by zyzzle
All I can say is, they need to release more Horror and obscure B films. These sell, even at TT's boutique level pricing. They're slamdunks for TT. Right now it seems they are dredging the bottom of the barrel. Or, are there simply no more horror and obscure / cult films for them to release?
There are way too many dedicated cult and genre labels (Arrow, Severin, Scream Factory, etc) already mining that territory. Rights fees have almost certainly gone up to license the horror stuff and most of the decent stuff has been taken.
Old 12-16-15, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
And I'm serious when I say I feel exactly the opposite. I own one title (Fright Night) because they actually brought something new to the table beyond isolated audio tracks (which I zero interest in).
I just imported that title from Amazon.de for $7. I also picked up Devil in a Blue Dress (region free) for the same price.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure that Sony will release Panic Room overseas (mainly Europe) and it will be region free. I'd just wait and import it when it's on sale. No need to buy from Twilight Time if you don't have to.

Edit: Or Sony can decide to release this in the US like Christine sells good enough.

Last edited by sleepyhead55; 12-16-15 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12-17-15, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
I just imported that title from Amazon.de for $7. I also picked up Devil in a Blue Dress (region free) for the same price.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure that Sony will release Panic Room overseas (mainly Europe) and it will be region free. I'd just wait and import it when it's on sale. No need to buy from Twilight Time if you don't have to.

Edit: Or Sony can decide to release this in the US like Christine sells good enough.
Yep. I got Christine from Best Buy for $5. I would have imported Fright Night but I just got a region free player in the last couple of months. I probably should still import it and sell my Twilight Time Version. Does the German version have any extras because the re-release of Fright Night was a pretty nice package.
Old 12-17-15, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55

Currently I don't have a multi-region player. And for the couple of region free disc I did import, I still had issues playing many of the features.

Did the OUS Fright Night have the same extras as the US TT release? Those features were pretty awesome and IMO made the TT up-charge worth it in that one case.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.