Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official "3D" Blu ray Thread. Now with Smell-O-Vision.

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

The Official "3D" Blu ray Thread. Now with Smell-O-Vision.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-16, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The Official "3D" Blu ray Thread. Now with Smell-O-Vision.

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
It Came From Outer Space - 3D Blu-ray is now up for pre-order for only $9.99 at Best Buy. Some are saying it is an exclusive for them.

I recommend going ahead and pre-ordering at that price. I was surprised it was so low!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/it-came-...skuId=32058414
Who is saying it's a BB exclusive? I'd hate to order it and pay for shipping and then Amazon stocks it. Yes, I'm cheap too! But if it is an exclusive I'd have to jump on this.
Old 08-19-16, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

That's what is being reported by people in the know at blu-ray.com.

And you guys kill me. A classic comes out in 3D BD for 10 bucks and you balk? Strange. You can always cancel a pre-order if it comes out cheaper somewhere else. I jumped on it because who knows if the $10 price is going to last.

But whatever. Makes me sorry I even posted it here in the first place.
Old 08-19-16, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 334 Likes on 253 Posts

Universal has been pricing a lot of their titles low lately- Jaws 3-D was the same price. It took that a couple weeks to show up in stores around here, but I bought it as soon as it did! I'd buy It Came From Outer Space at any price, but being a Cheap Bastard I never pay for shipping unless I absolutely have to. (I did for Miss Sadie Thompson because that was the only way to get it.)
Old 08-19-16, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,239 Posts
You could always do in-store pickup if you don't want to pay for shipping. Buying a fridge there earlier this year put me in the "Elite" category, though, so shipping for this one was free for me anyway.
Old 08-19-16, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
You could always do in-store pickup if you don't want to pay for shipping. Buying a fridge there earlier this year put me in the "Elite" category, though, so shipping for this one was free for me anyway.
I don't think it will be in stores though as it has an 8 number sku. In Best Buy terms 8 digit sku items are usually online only, 7 digits usually mean it is an in store item.
Old 08-19-16, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's what is being reported by people in the know at blu-ray.com.

And you guys kill me. A classic comes out in 3D BD for 10 bucks and you balk? Strange. You can always cancel a pre-order if it comes out cheaper somewhere else. I jumped on it because who knows if the $10 price is going to last.

But whatever. Makes me sorry I even posted it here in the first place.
All I did was asked for a source so I can read up on it. Why would I want to throw away $4 on every movie I buy if I can avoid it? I appreciated you mentioning it but I wouldn't take it so seriously.
Old 08-22-16, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 755 Likes on 492 Posts

I placed my order for It Came From Outer Space. Too good of a deal to pass up. I didn't pre-order Jaws 3 when it was that price and then had to wait for it to drop again.
Old 08-25-16, 12:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just placed my preorder.
Old 08-30-16, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I made out like a fucking bandit today. I stopped by Family Video to see if they were going to do a Labor Day sale. Almost $90 later, this is what I walked out with. All of them are 3D (did not include the 2D version), have the original cases & artwork, and most had the slip covers.

The Martian
Oz The Great and Powerful
Hugo
Thor
Iron Man 3
Turbo
How To Train Your Dragon 2
The Peanuts Movie
Mad Max Fury Road
Despicable Me 2
Godzilla
Terminator Genisys
Everest
Mr. Peabody & Sherman
Hotel Transylvania 2
Old 08-30-16, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^Nice haul!
Old 09-10-16, 12:39 AM
Banned

Definitely a great haul....many terrific 3D titles in that bunch.

I ordered both the UK "Jungle Book" and "The Huntsman" 3D steelbooks from Zavvi. I am eventually going to pick up the UK versions of "The Finest Hours," "Big Hero 6," "Frozen," and "Beauty and the Beast" in 3D as well.

Disney is so schizophrenic with their 3D output. Recently we got "Inside Out," "Zootopia," "The Good Dinosaur" and now, "Finding Dory." Their Marvel films are all being offered with 3D options and "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" is coming soon. But so far, no announcement for "Alice Through the Looking Glass." It makes no sense whatsoever..."Alice" was such a certified bomb that they should milk its Blu-ray release for all it's worth. And not re-releasing the "Beauty and the Beast" 3D version is a shame. So there was no way I was gonna gamble on missing out on "Jungle Book."

Is it possible the studios realized that they were too premature in pronouncing 3D as dead with consumers? It seems like there are more 3D titles being released now than ever before.
Old 09-10-16, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronSch
But so far, no announcement for "Alice Through the Looking Glass." It makes no sense whatsoever..."Alice" was such a certified bomb that they should milk its Blu-ray release for all it's worth.
I assume you're referring to the U.S. not getting a 3D edition of this, because Amazon U.K.'s 3D listing has been up for a while now.

I am eventually going to pick up the UK versions of "The Finest Hours," ...
Was this actually released on 3D Blu-Ray in the U.K.? I've never seen a listing for it on Amazon there. I did see 3D editions from Japan and (of all places) the Czech Republic, but the prices were a bit steep.
Old 09-10-16, 06:17 PM

Is it possible the studios realized that they were too premature in pronouncing 3D as dead with consumers? It seems like there are more 3D titles being released now than ever before.
As I've said a billion times, 3D needs TIME to grow and catch on- judging it by its first year or so on the market isn't fair. It was only a happy accident that I was able to get a 3D TV when I did- though I'd still be buying the 3D editions of movies I wanted even if I didn't have a 3D setup yet.
Old 09-10-16, 06:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brian T
I assume you're referring to the U.S. not getting a 3D edition of [Alice Through The Looking Glass], because Amazon U.K.'s 3D listing has been up for a while now.
Yes, I was referring to the US edition.

Originally Posted by Brian T
Was [Finest Hours] actually released on 3D Blu-Ray in the U.K.? I've never seen a listing for it on Amazon there. I did see 3D editions from Japan and (of all places) the Czech Republic, but the prices were a bit steep.
No, you are right, evidently there isn't a "UK" version of "Finest Hours" but there is a region-free edition that is out of India I believe. It is being offered by a seller out of India on Ebay with whom many seem to have had positive experiences. I'm going to place an order for a couple of titles to check it out for myself. I just wish I had known about a 3D release before picking up the standard Blu-ray edition.

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
As I've said a billion times, 3D needs TIME to grow and catch on- judging it by its first year or so on the market isn't fair. It was only a happy accident that I was able to get a 3D TV when I did- though I'd still be buying the 3D editions of movies I wanted even if I didn't have a 3D setup yet.
Yes, I agree. I love watching 3D in the comfort of my home. And its obvious there are many of us out there. I started grabbing up 3D titles furiously as people were trading them in at local resellers. I've accumulated quite a library already and I will continue to buy every 3D title released that I want in my collection. Once autostereoscopic displays debut, it will be a game changer.

Last edited by AaronSch; 09-10-16 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-10-16, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No, you are right, evidently there isn't a "UK" version of "Finest Hours" but there is a region-free edition that is out of India I believe. It is being offered by a seller out of India on Ebay with whom many seem to have had positive experiences. I'm going to place an order for a couple of titles to check it out for myself. I just wish I had known about a 3D release before picking up the standard Blu-ray edition.

Spoiler:

Stay away from anyone selling this movie from Sri Lanka or showing a picture of this movie with a UK ratings logo. I took a chance and bought one from someone from Sri Lanka knowing that if it was not legit(and I had my doubts) that Ebay had me covered. Sure enough it was a burnt copy with a printed cover(the same cover with the UK ratings logo I mentioned above).

I filed a complaint with Ebay and the seller refunded my money. I would like to eventually pick this movie up, but I am not quite ready to pay close to $40 for it at the moment.
Old 09-11-16, 03:26 AM
Banned

Well, the one I pictured does not have UK symbols and I believe it is from India. The seller who has been mentioned here and in other forums is rahul-and-i-store. The store has a 99.3% positive rating and many people have voiced positive experiences. I'm gonna read a bit more just to be sure these are legit.

Here's the actual packaging shots both front and back. Looks legit and region free—pretty foil packaging as well.:

Last edited by AaronSch; 09-11-16 at 03:34 AM.
Old 09-11-16, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That one is legit. The person that I purchased my disc from has finally quit selling movies, at least for the moment. But there are a couple of other people selling those counterfeits. I complained to Ebay about this guy selling counterfeits to no avail.
Old 09-13-16, 10:33 AM
Banned

Can't believe it but I received both "The Huntsman" and "The Jungle Book" from Zavvi yesterday. Faster service from the UK than Amazon service domestically. Both arrived without dents/scratches in white cardboard shipping boxes.
Old 09-13-16, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I always get my stuff from Zavvi waayyyyy before I ever get stuff from the UK or German Amazon.
Old 09-13-16, 01:45 PM
Banned

I always get my stuff from Zavvi waayyyyy before I ever get stuff from the UK or German Amazon.
Truly great service when they even beat Amazon US! Tonight it's Captain America 3D...but I have lots of new 3D titles to enjoy now...better get some batteries for my glasses!
Old 09-23-16, 03:47 AM

THE STEWARDESSES is coming this December! I'm honestly looking forward to this more than It Came From Outer Space or The Force Awakens! This was the highest-grossing 3D movie prior to Avatar, and it's almost a better movie than that too!

"Your eyes- what did they do to your eyes???!!??"

"Talent? Ha, no talent, just a mouth- a bloody mouth."
Old 09-23-16, 05:26 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

THE STEWARDESSES is coming this December! I'm honestly looking forward to this more than It Came From Outer Space or The Force Awakens! This was the highest-grossing 3D movie prior to Avatar, and it's almost a better movie than that too!

Every movie is better than Avatar.
Old 09-23-16, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah. I just read about it and I am pumped for this 3D release!
Old 09-28-16, 05:14 PM

Another classic announced from Furmanek and company- Those Redheads From Seattle. Likely a better movie than The Stewardesses even if nobody gets naked in it.
Old 09-28-16, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

And the hits just keep on comin'! 3D Film Archive and Kino announced THOSE REDHEADS FROM SEATTLE (1953) today. "Coming soon..."

http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/those-r...s-from-seattle

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.