HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Underworld Trilogy...again

Old 10-17-11, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Underworld Trilogy...again

Another double dip:

http://bluray.ign.com/articles/119/1199976p1.html

The box set itself, due on Blu-ray exclusively on December 13, 2011 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, will encompass the first three films plus the exclusive never-before-seen three-part anime series Underworld: Endless War. The anime series complements the live-action iteration by incorporating the themes of the story and spotlights the characters that we know and love, making it a must-see for fans of the films.
Old 10-17-11, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Underworld Trilogy...again

Huh. Well, I have the first film only, so I will probably take a bite--or a good clawing at it.
Old 10-17-11, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So a wasted opportunity to add some good new content. Anime series only? Fuck that, I'll keep what I have now.
Old 10-18-11, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Damn.. I'm a whore for anime series tie-ins,but I already own the first two films on HD-DVD and the Lycans on Blu-ray.
Old 10-18-11, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I have the first and third on BD. Have yet to get the second. The animated series doesn't entice me so I'd rather just pick up a cheap copy of the second.

This is a missed opportunity since Wiseman had years ago expressed interest in making a genuine director's cut for the first (he acknowledges that the extended cut is not his prefered cut and there are bad additions as well as good ones) and preparing an extended cut for the second. That's what should have been included here (along with the original theatrical cuts) instead of some animated series tie-in.
Old 10-18-11, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
I have the first and third on BD. Have yet to get the second. The animated series doesn't entice me so I'd rather just pick up a cheap copy of the second.

This is a missed opportunity since Wiseman had years ago expressed interest in making a genuine director's cut for the first (he acknowledges that the extended cut is not his prefered cut and there are bad additions as well as good ones) and preparing an extended cut for the second. That's what should have been included here (along with the original theatrical cuts) instead of some animated series tie-in.
I'm guessing the will re-milk this after the fourth movie arrives on Blu.